Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Super Ovi @ 5PM, Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
In their last meeting, Super Ovi had to tap into his star power to put an end to the reign of the evil NYR empire's King Henrik.

This time, after getting bounced mercilessly by the Buffalo Tankers, Super Ovi aims to put the evil NYR empire back in its place once more following their victory over the Philthy Flyers.

He will be aided by the Fantastic 4: Kuzy Potter, Stone Hands Chimera, Mr. Game 7 and the Holtbeast. It appears Super Ovi has also made an ally in the enemy ranks, Dumb Dumb Girardi.

Expected line up for tonight (no morning skate):

:caps

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie
Burakovsky-Kuznetsov-Williams
Chimera-Johansson-Wilson
Laich-Richards-Galiev

Alzner-Niskanen
Orlov-Schmidt
Ness-Chorney

Holtby
Grubauer

:rangers

Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Stalberg

McDonagh-McIlrath
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Girardi

Raanta
Lundqvist

Last edited:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I loled.

I didn't "get" to see the Buffalo game because my wife made me watch The Revenant so this will be my first opportunity to see Richards in action.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I loled.

I didn't "get" to see the Buffalo game because my wife made me watch The Revenant so this will be my first opportunity to see Richards in action.

You didn't miss anything yesterday, except for Richards. I thought he was pretty good and clearly better than Laich.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I don't get the comments, "he is better than Laich", in regards to Richards.

I don't see it being one or the other. Richards was brought in to play at the center position and Laich has been a LW all year...

I think Richards performance in no way impacts Brooks Laich.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't get the comments, "he is better than Laich", in regards to Richards.

I don't see it being one or the other. Richards was brought in to play at the center position and Laich has been a LW all year...

I think Richards performance in no way impacts Brooks Laich.

Their duties are the same and Richards executes them better. Also, there is always a possibility to play Richards on the wing if needed.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
Why did LA let him go? Last night i didn't see his play any better then when Laich is in the line up and Laich is more physical then Richards

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Why did LA let him go? Last night i didn't see his play any better then when Laich is in the line up and Laich is more physical then Richards

His contract was absolutely terrible, worse than Laich's. His play had declined sharply and then there was the whole drug issue. The Kings found an easy way to get rid of his contract by simply terminating it.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
I wanna see a much better effort, don't care if they win or lose as long as they play hard.

The Caps are a heavy hockey team. The last few games they are playing more of a finesse game.

Skate hard, hit hard and play a simple game. Their high skill will show naturally.

I hope Lundqvist doesn't start because yesterday he was stellar against the Flyers. Rags had no business winning that game.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I wanna see a much better effort, don't care if they win or lose as long as they play hard.

The Caps are a heavy hockey team. The last few games they are playing more of a finesse game.

Skate hard, hit hard and play a simple game. Their high skill will show naturally.

I hope Lundqvist doesn't start because yesterday he was stellar against the Flyers. Rags had no business winning that game.

Raanta has been confirmed in net. AV doing us another favour.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Way too early to pencil Richards in for Laich long-term. He was good but 1 game isn't enough after him being so long away from NHL hockey.

Good thing there is enough time before the TDL for him to show Trotz and GMBM that Laich is expendable.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

I feel like we're diverting too much from that. Last year in the playoffs, we were one of the heaviest teams, crashing and banging opponents. We need to intimidate opponents like we did to the Isles in the playoffs.

hockeyfan88

Dec 14, 2015
Richards played his first NHL game in a while and immediately took Laich's roster spot and PK time.

And he played better. It says a lot when a guy out of hockey for almost a year comes back and outplays a 4.5M winger on his first game.

Richards hockey IQ is off the charts. Once he regains his form, I don't see how he doesn't earn at least a 4th line spot on the team.

For me, the bigger question is who gets demoted when all forwards are healthy?

MoJo (from 2LW to 3C), Beagle (3C to 4th line) or Burakovsky (2LW to 4th line)?

Laich's job is in danger. Trotz says he is just testing some stuff, but you can see the roster is getting a little crowded for #21.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Aren't most NHL 4th liners jobs in danger pretty much all the time? Laich's job had been in danger for a season+ now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad