Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Super Ovi @ 5PM, Verizon Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Brooks did an attempt to hit with some force. I will give him that. That makes him better forechecker in my opinion :P

Also, I've seen flashes of speed from him. I believe he can be more effective. Maybe scratch will make him better.

Galiev is certainly the most useless guy. Average, yes.

Sill could be sent down. Laich-Richards-Latta for the time being.

PS: I've checked Stephenson's situation. He's got exactly 9 games. So his ELC is sliding. That's the guy who will play bottom line C after this current window as a cap control measure. I mean most probably that's the plan for now. So I guess that's why they are calling up Sill and others while they can. Win-win situation. More TOI for Chandler, delayed profit for Caps.

PPS: Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. Generalfanager lists his ELC a year shorter. But there could be 2 slides for him, right?

PPPS: He still can play in playoffs.

Its not like Stephenson plays in junior league. He's a pro for the 2nd season already. So that clause on 9 games is irrelevant in this case.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Like others, very impressed with Mojo's play of late. Who knew that if you put him on the line where he needs to be "the guy" - he becomes the "the guy".

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Like others, very impressed with Mojo's play of late. Who knew that if you put him on the line where he needs to be "the guy" - he becomes the "the guy".

He needs to improve a bit defensively and on face-offs, other than that he's pretty much what we needed for a #3C. I hope Bura keeps up the good play as #2LW during the playoffs. Incredible how the numbers skyrocket for Bura when you play with with Kuz and JDub instead of Laich and Latta.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
MoJo is playing himself to teams long-term plans right now. If he can be effective C, as well as LW then i'd say that they should do whatever they can to keep him beyond this season. Hopefully his salary expectations aren't ridiculous.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
He needs to improve a bit defensively and on face-offs, other than that he's pretty much what we needed for a #3C. I hope Bura keeps up the good play as #2LW during the playoffs. Incredible how the numbers skyrocket for Bura when you play with with Kuz and JDub instead of Laich and Latta.

Trotz tried Bura with Kuz and JDub early in the season as well. He didn't produce that time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have long envisioned MJ as a 3C. I gave up clamoring about it long ago. Swede C's are well groomed defensively. His place is not on the boards in the NHL, let's not fool ourselves. He just needs to firm up faceoffs. He can pinch hit at 2C as needed.

IIRC he had good chemistry with Chimera a few years back.

I love the strong play of the guys playing for their next contract. Your PFAs can be an energy line.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
What if you put Laich with Kuzy and Williams? They put Bura with them and all of a sudden he is doing great. Maybe put Brooks up there with more talent and you might have another option.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
What if you put Laich with Kuzy and Williams? They put Bura with them and all of a sudden he is doing great. Maybe put Brooks up there with more talent and you might have another option.

I've stopped bagging on Laich but... absolutely no to putting him anywhere near a scoring line. He's awful. All that does is diminish what 92 and 14 can do.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
well if you want to shop him you're not going to get to many buyers for a fourth line player making 4.5 Try a couple of games and it might work out then trade him if you want

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Team that should take a run at Mojo is Vancouver. He'd be fun to watch with the Sedins, though you do wonder who'd retrieve the puck

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
don't think mojo is going anywhere, he's finally at the next level we've been wanting for a long time. he's showing real consistency.

per Isabelle
@ikhurshudyan

Since moving to 3C, Marcus Johansson has six points (four goals) in six games. Four of those points have been at even strength.

Related: Since Burakovsky moved to 2LW (because Johansson went to 3C), Burakovsky has seven points in eight games (six points in last four).

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I have long envisioned MJ as a 3C. I gave up clamoring about it long ago. Swede C's are well groomed defensively. His place is not on the boards in the NHL, let's not fool ourselves. He just needs to firm up faceoffs....

He's 28 for 40 over his last 5 games in the circle. Firm enough for you...? ;)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He's 28 for 40 over his last 5 games in the circle. Firm enough for you...? ;)

Tiny Tim sample size but I like it! FO's can be learned as we have seen time and time again.

I am thinking Barry put some red bull in his Shirley Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad