Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Sens. Philoops edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
If we don't get McDavid id be thrilled to have Kylington. We are desperate for top quality D's.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Might as well, I really get the feeling that Hemsky, and Ryan will be moving on to other teams.

Agreed, i mean i would likely leave at this point and i am a fan of the team lol. This org has been in a dark dark funk for ahwile now and it seems everytime you think you have hit rock bottom it goes deeper. Anaheim will likely win the draft lottery with our pick this year and i certainly will not be holding my breath that the team will somehow land an elite prospect next year....those are reserved for struggling american franchises :sarcasm:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Michael dal colle would be nice.
I honestly can't remember a defensman as bad as Phillips is right now ever playing for the Sens. Truly.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I honestly can't remember a defensman as bad as Phillips is right now ever playing for the Sens. Truly.
Just this year we've had Corvo! Last year we had Lundin. A year before that it was Matt Gilroy (that we actively traded for at the deadline to improve our backend). It's becoming a proud Senator tradition. :D

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just this year we've had Corvo! Last year we had Lundin. It's becoming a proud Senator tradition. :D

I didn't think Lundin was a complete mess. Corvo this year at least put up points early on. And had a few strong games that caught a lot of people by surprise

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Only the Buffalo Sabres (2-8) are worse then the Sens (2-6-2) in the last ten games.. had we not shat the bed lately we'd be in a playoff spot right now.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Just finished watching replay. And i have only one question:
Why MacLean is not fired. I think even i, or not coach at all will make this team better in 68 games. We can make any sort of moves in a summer, but i have a feeling, that MacLean can ruin any kind of team. Sad, if Hemsky, Ryan, Macarthur thinks same way and they decision on resigning dependes on quality of our coach.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Just counting the regulars (ie: not the "12 games in a season" guys or rentals)?

Chris Luongo
Ken Hammond
Gord Dineen
Brad Marsh (sorry Marshy, but it's true)
Darren Rumble
Bryan Glynn
Chris Dahlquist
Phil Bourque
Kerry Huffman
Denis Vial
Frank Musil
Christer Olssen
Stan Neckar
Grant Ledyard
Ricard Persson
Jamie Rivers
Shane Hnidy
Mike Commodore
Brian Lee
Brendan Bell
Alexandre Picard
Jason Smith
David Hale
David Rundblad (debatable: he couldn't stay in the lineup and refused to play defensive hockey)
Matt Gilroy

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Nothing glaringly wrong but stll nothing surprisingly good. Look at the production detroit is getting out of their call ups.

First seasons of some NHL players:

Player A
13GP 1G 1A 2P

Player B
41GP 5G 2A

Player C
6GP 0G 0A

These guys are nothing special, obviously.

Player A: Martin St. Louis
Player B: Patrick Sharp
Player C: David Krejci

Maybe we should give our guys some time to figure things out, especially the ones who've been able to produce at lower levels like Da Costa, Hoffman and Stone.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Maclean's system could work if our defensemen could make good decisions and our forwards could receive a pass. Three of our defensemen haven't been able to move the puck quickly and smartly most of the season. The fact that Phillips is the worst of the offenders and isn't likely to get any better makes his most recent contract signing really maddening.

We also need our play without the puck to be better. Most notably, three of our defensemen just don't know how to cover the slot.

This team can generate a lot of shots on net. Improve our d-men's play in our end, and our forwards' pass reception percentage, and we're in a different situation.

Who is coaching our defensemen? Cameron?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 48s

"Put it on the (bleeping) stick," says MacLean. Wonder if we're in for another 80-minute practice here. #Sens

That exclamation can also sum up our season.

2013/14 Ottawa Senators: "Put it on the (bleeping) stick!"

47410705.jpg

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 48s

"Put it on the (bleeping) stick," says MacLean. Wonder if we're in for another 80-minute practice here. #Sens

That exclamation can also sum up our season.

2013/14 Ottawa Senators: "Put it on the (bleeping) stick!"

It really can, if we had to sum up our season in one phrase, that's it to me.

John Holmes*

Just counting the regulars (ie: not the "12 games in a season" guys or rentals)?

Chris Luongo
Ken Hammond
Gord Dineen
Darren Rumble
Bryan Glynn
Chris Dahlquist
Phil Bourque
Kerry Huffman
Denis Vial
Frank Musil
Christer Olssen
Stan Neckar
Grant Ledyard
Ricard Persson
Jamie Rivers
Shane Hnidy
Mike Commodore
Brian Lee
Brendan Bell
Alexandre Picard
Jason Smith
David Hale
David Rundblad (debatable: he couldn't stay in the lineup and refused to play defensive hockey)
Matt Gilroy

Current Phillips is worse than a ton of guys on that list were.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
That quote to me sums up that the players are the problem not the coach if they can't make tape to tape passes and he is forced to lose his mind like that.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Chris Luongo
Ken Hammond
Gord Dineen
Darren Rumble
Bryan Glynn
Chris Dahlquist
Phil Bourque
Kerry Huffman
Denis Vial
Frank Musil
Christer Olssen
Stan Neckar
Grant Ledyard
Ricard Persson
Jamie Rivers
Shane Hnidy
Mike Commodore
Brian Lee
Brendan Bell
Alexandre Picard
Jason Smith
David Hale
Matt Gilroy

Phillips RIGHT NOW. this last half of the season...Hale was a stud and I have no idea why we ever let him go and I mean this seriously. He did nothing but surprise me everytime he played for us.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011

Chris Luongo
Ken Hammond
Gord Dineen
Darren Rumble
Bryan Glynn
Chris Dahlquist
Phil Bourque
Kerry Huffman
Denis Vial
Frank Musil
Christer Olssen
Stan Neckar
Grant Ledyard
Ricard Persson
Jamie Rivers
Shane Hnidy
Mike Commodore
Brian Lee
Brendan Bell
Alexandre Picard
Jason Smith
David Hale
Matt Gilroy

I would take any of those players when they played for us, over Phillips now. Phillips is not NHL caliber, at this point he could probably even get smoked by the average AHL forward. The $2.5M signing was nothing short of a pitty gesture. If management were to change overnight, this guy would be history, and I think he knows it. The look on his face last night, after his second horrendous turnover, said it all. Unless it was heartburn from dining at the BigRig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad