Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Jets - March 31, 2015 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
I will be highly stoked to see Litts draw back in.
We will basically have our "real" team together all at once, finally.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I guess the question is whether Tlusty, Stempniak or Halischuk come out for Little. I think it might be Tlusty because he's not a great fit for a grinding, cycling 4th line. I've been a bit hot and cold on him, but he's done a great job of bringing the puck up the ice and gaining the offensive zone without a dump-in.

Decisions.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I guess the question is whether Tlusty, Stempniak or Halischuk come out for Little. I think it might be Tlusty because he's not a great fit for a grinding, cycling 4th line. I've been a bit hot and cold on him, but he's done a great job of bringing the puck up the ice and gaining the offensive zone without a dump-in.

Decisions.

After being really fired up about Tlusty being acquired... now I am not sure about Tlusty fitting in here. Used to be an effective player in Carolina... maybe that's where he wants to be... :shakehead

My choice on the 4th line would by far be Stempniak. Like his aggressiveness, skating and involvement with whoever he plays with. A real positive. Want the Jets to sign him before free agency.

Hallischuk is just an ice-pick. Chews up the ice. Release. :(

Insert Stempniak please. :nod:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
After being really fired up about Tlusty being acquired... now I am not sure about Tlusty fitting in here. Used to be an effective player in Carolina... maybe that's where he wants to be... :shakehead

My choice on the 4th line would by far be Stempniak. Like his aggressiveness, skating and involvement with whoever he plays with. A real positive. Want the Jets to sign him before free agency.

x2

I have been more impressed with Stemp than with Tlusty.

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
I just checked the Edmonton Oilers last 6 games of the year.....LA, Calgary, LA :o

Our playoff chances may rely on the Coilers in the end.....

GO JETS/OILERS GO

Last edited:

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
I think Tlusty will improve once Little is back. Getting the chance to play with Perreault/Lowry/Stafford over Slater/Thorburn can only help.

Last edited:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Well, this feels a lot better than the PGT from yesterday. I thought armageddon was just around the corner with a quick peruse through a couple of pages.

I'm quite confident that the Jets are going to battle this out to end, whether it happens in a couple of games, or the final one against the Flames.

Go Jets Go!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think Tlusty will improve once Little is back. Getting the chance to play with Perreault/Lowry/Stafford over Slater/Thorburn can only help.

Exactly his game is not a 4th line checker , i still say Perreault with Little and Ladd and Tlusty with Lowry and Frolik on the 3rd :yo: Do we need Thorburn ? :shakehead We have enough tough guys in the line up , How about Slater with Step and Halischuk for a 4th line ?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well, this feels a lot better than the PGT from yesterday. I thought armageddon was just around the corner with a quick peruse through a couple of pages.

I'm quite confident that the Jets are going to battle this out to end, whether it happens in a couple of games, or the final one against the Flames.

Go Jets Go!

As long as we control our own destiny i still feel good about getting into the play-offs :nod:Now that being said , Lose tonight Calgary and LA :laugh:

White Out 403*

The way I see it is we're playing good and that hasn't changed. We had some bad bounces against the Hawks.. they're a good team. We out shot and out chanced them and they snuck one away from us with 30 seconds left.

We will get in the playoffs as long as we keep playing like we have most of the season, and Pavelec can maintain 915+

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Tlusty is playing like a typical no confidence player, gets rid of the puck too quickly, too scared to carry it, weak shots to the net before he's in scoring position. Put him with a good centre for awhile and see what happens.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
How about tomorrow we do a bit of a throw back;

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
MP-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty-Lowry-Fro
Thor-Slater-Stemp

I have a feeling if you put LLW back together it will rev up the 1st line. Scheifele has had good chemistry with both MP and Stafford. Put Fro with his under achieving buddy on the 3rd anchored by Big Adam Lowry and a 4th line that doesn't completely suck.

jetkarma*

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
MP-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty-Lowry-Fro
Thor-Slater-Stemp

I have a feeling if you put LLW back together it will rev up the 1st line. Scheifele has had good chemistry with both MP and Stafford. Put Fro with his under achieving buddy on the 3rd anchored by Big Adam Lowry and a 4th line that doesn't completely suck.

Thing is for me , is that changing things too much ? Even half a game getting in sync may be a risk .

I'd put Little between Ladd and Frolik , keep Stafford and Wheeler with 55 . I think Scheif's line bounce back in a big way tomorrow.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
MP-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty-Lowry-Fro
Thor-Slater-Stemp

Yep. This is exactly what I want.

LLW is never a bad decision. Lowry and Frolik automatically give you a solid shutdown line. Perreault in place of Wheeler takes the pressure off Scheif to be the defensive ace on the second line. Stemp won't be able to carry the 4th line by himself, but he functions well in that role.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thing is for me , is that changing things too much ? Even half a game getting in sync may be a risk .

I'd put Little between Ladd and Frolik , keep Stafford and Wheeler with 55 . I think Scheif's line bounce back in a big way tomorrow.

I just think LLW will hit the ground running and take the tough matchups, allowing Scheifele a little more space with 2 players he has had past success with. LLW have played far more games together over the last 4 years then any other group of forwards. I don't really see a problem getting into sync with any of the lines. Just my thoughts.

jetkarma*

I just think LLW will hit the ground running and take the tough matchups, allowing Scheifele a little more space with 2 players he has had past success with. LLW have played far more games together over the last 4 years then any other group of forwards. I don't really see a problem getting into sync with any of the lines. Just my thoughts.

I understand the logic and you may be right . We'll have to see if Perreault is good for full minutes and Little too.

Can't afford to get our legs under us , no time for that and especially since the Rangers skate so well.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
MP-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty-Lowry-Fro
Thor-Slater-Stemp

Agreed 100%. Ladd just hasn't looked the same player as he was with Wheeler and Little when they were a threat to score every night. I would even swap Tlusty and Stempniak and deploy that 3rd line in a checking role. The above configuration gives us 2 solid scoring lines, one nice checking line that can score if given chances and one okay-ish 4th line. Maurice should listen to you

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
MP-Scheifele-Stafford
Tlusty-Lowry-Fro
Thor-Slater-Stemp

I like this too. I just think that Maurice is likely to stay a bit conservative in his line combos and keep LLF and SSW together to start the next game.

But I would like to see Stafford back on RW and Wheeler back with Ladd and Little. I also like Fro on the 3rd line with Lowry and Tlusty.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

After the trade, there was an interview where he expressed some hopes that he would be signed back with Carolina in the off-season. :shakehead Yeah, that's what your teammates, fans and coach really want to hear.

His hearts not in it here. Stafford and Myers are embracing this change it seems. I can't say the say for Lusty.

jetkarma*

After the trade, there was an interview where he expressed some hopes that he would be signed back with Carolina in the off-season. :shakehead Yeah, that's what your teammates, fans and coach really want to hear.

His hearts not in it here. Stafford and Myers are embracing this change it seems. I can't say the say for Lusty.

That's not accurate.

What he said , when he was asked by local media , was that he was open to talking with Carolina about returning if they wanted that.

Even if he had zero intentions of returning that is the correct reply and what would be expected by virtually any player where there wasn't bad blood.

Now , he may indeed be open to or want to return , Carolina is a pretty attractive locale to live for several reasons. I wouldn' treat it as anything more .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad