Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Jets - March 31, 2015 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Jets need Little back. They can't win consistently with Slater playing on the 3rd line.

Ladd-Little-Frolik
Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Lowry-Stempniak
Tlusty-Slater-Thorbs

If Stafford starts of sluggishly (maybe new baby at home syndrome this week?), I would quickly switch Perreault and Stafford.

Yes, this... Plus Chariot in, Pardy out. We need to ice our best team and let the chips fall where they may.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Report

Frolik-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Guys on ice: Ondrej Pavelec, Michael Hutchinson, Adam Pardy, Mark Stuart, Keaton Ellerby, Anthony Peluso, Matt Halischuk, Adam Lowry, Bryan Little, Lee Stempniak, TJ Galiardi, Chris Thorburn, Jay Harrison, Andrew Copp, Eric O’Dell, Ben Chiarot, Michael Frolik, Mathieu Perreault and Jiri Tlusty.

Audio from Ladd, Myers, Pavelec and Little.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Rags have lost 3 of 4 going into this one.

They also have a 6-point lead in their division.

I know they can still get 1st in the East and the President's Trophy, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter as much as winning the division to them.

Right? RIGHT???

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@friesensunmedia: Bryan Little says his status will come down to tomorrow's morning skate. #NHLJets

@friesensunmedia: Toby Enstrom not avail to talk today either; sick, apparently. #NHLJets

@MitchPeacock1: Maurice says Bryan Little will approach tomorrow as a regular game day. Adds Little would jump back in top line spot. #NHLJets #cbcmb

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Was Matty still on the 4th line today?

It was an optional skate. No Ladd Lowry Wheeler Scheifele or Stafford. Only Frolik from the top 6. But there was this

@MitchPeacock1: Maurice wants to get Perreault on wing & up the lineup asap. Doesn't want to mess with success,but good players gotta play. #NHLJets #cbcmb

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
It was an optional skate. No Ladd Lowry Wheeler Scheifele or Stafford. Only Frolik from the top 6. But there was this

@MitchPeacock1: Maurice wants to get Perreault on wing & up the lineup asap. Doesn't want to mess with success,but good players gotta play. #NHLJets #cbcmb

Sooo...

Ladd-Little-Fro
Perry-Scheif-Wheels
Tlusty-Lowry-Stafford
Thorburn-Slater-Stempniak

Is that what we're looking at?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-chat-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: How does he get past last night’s loss? How would he assess last night’s game? Good performance? How does he use this as a teaching tool or does he just put in on the shelf? His thoughts on Perreault’s game. Does he look for anything in tomorrow’s game early on? Would he be comfortable with the style of play from the Chicago game in the game against New York? Little expected to play? Is Chiarot ready? Philosophy on getting players back into the game but also on taking players who have been playing well for the team. On guys being willing to do whatever it takes to be successful for the team to win. Does Lowry give the top line more space? Update on Enstrom. Sharing his goalie decision.

To listen click here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sooo...

Ladd-Little-Fro
Perry-Scheif-Wheels
Tlusty-Lowry-Stafford

I would go with that. Good balance of speed and size. I'd like to see Stafford back to RW. He's struggled a bit in his own zone against quick teams.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
The Rangers have been struggling a little lately, hopefully that continues for just one more game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Sooo...

Ladd-Little-Fro
Perry-Scheif-Wheels
Tlusty-Lowry-Stafford

I'd be happy with that. :nod:

I could also see (based on Maurice saying in the past he wants to limit disruption):

Ladd - Little - Fro
Stafford - Scheif - Wheels
Perreault - Lowry - Stempniak
Tlusty - Slater - Thorbs

That keeps Tlusty and Slater together, inserts Little onto the first, and leaves the 2nd / 1b line as it is. I'd be happy with either. If you want some big bodies on Perreault's line, then swap Stempniak and Thorbs, which would also leave the '4th' line as it was last game, changing only the top and 3rd lines.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd be happy with that. :nod:

I could also see (based on Maurice saying in the past he wants to limit disruption):

Ladd - Little - Fro
Stafford - Scheif - Wheels
Perreault - Lowry - Stempniak
Tlusty - Slater - Thorbs

That keeps Tlusty and Slater together, inserts Little onto the first, and leaves the 2nd / 1b line as it is. I'd be happy with either. If you want some big bodies on Perreault's line, then swap Stempniak and Thorbs, which would also leave the '4th' line as it was last game, changing only the top and 3rd lines.

I can see the value of that. But I would prefer to see us 'stack' the 1a 1b lines now that we have the depth to make the bottom 6 decent as well. I think that spreading the talent out too much will decrease our overall team output. Lord knows we could use that output right about now.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Stafford has the longest active point streak in the NHL - I don't know if I want to break up his line:

LLF
SSW
PLS
TST

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
On my white board at the office I have

Ladd-Little-Frolik
Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler
Lowry-Perreault-Tlusty
Stempniak-Slater-Thorburn

Status