• Vesey

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kovalev had his best season as a Ranger when Keenan rode his ass hard, and although talented , Buchnevich has a way lower ceiling than Kovalev.

I was responding to a different post but what's your point? If Buch needed some tough love - sure, but you do it for a few periods, maybe a game (or two AT MOST). AV had Buchnevich on the 4th line for so long it dismantled all forward units for no good reason.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Please enlighten me. I don't follow your implications.

He was a rookie. It’s not unheard of to ride Rookie a bit and trust them less. And a lot of what people say about him driving the offense comes from the overly hot first 10 games and then extrapolated on blog sites about his impact.

Very likely his results would have been terrible in reality had he been given more responsibility.

I mean do need a source for you about Rookie treatment ?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
He was a rookie. It’s not unheard of to ride Rookie a bit and trust them less. And a lot of what people say about him driving the offense comes from the overly hot first 10 games and then extrapolated on blog sites about his impact.

Very likely his results would have been terrible in reality had he been given more responsibility.

I mean do need a source for you about Rookie treatment ?

Only if the rookie treatment stopped in the rookie season... Instead of going to the AHL , Buchnevich went to 4th line this year.

Can you justify this years decision? Our second most productive player spent the majority of the season in the 4th line, it's ridiculous.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Only if the rookie treatment stopped in the rookie season... Instead of going to the AHL , Buchnevich went to 4th line this year.

Can you justify this years decision?

10 Games removed from rookie season in which he already sustained a bad back injury.

And the whole team was a tire fire

And he played well last night and was given more responsibility accordingly

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
10 Games removed from rookie season in which he already sustained a bad back injury.

And the whole team was a tire fire

And he played well last night and was given more responsibility accordingly

He was good in ther first games before being demoted to the 4yh line, that was why people got enraged with AV.
Related note: I still think Buch is a good player, and he has a lot of upside, but I’m certain many of you will be sorely disappointed with his cealing.

That's okay, but he is our winger with the biggest upside, I don't thing Kreider or Miller will get a lot more better than te play they displayed last season.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So AV is using him wrong?

If he is, then Buch would be going for the Art Ross, or is there possibly some third or fourth variable between Alpha and Omega?

Buchnevich has gotten a bunch of points in the recent games, some despite playing on the 4th line. In my opinion, Vesey belongs on the 4th line, not Buch.

Reactions: pdogfizzle

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I hear a ton of 'haven't played a full 60 minutes'. I'm not sure what that even means. No team can play a full 60 minutes. 6-0 shutout 45-15 shot total with no turn overs or lapses in defensive coverage is a complete game. But that doesn't happen. Ever. The other team is getting paid too and the parity in the league and the up and down nature of momentum swings happen in hockey. This isn't the late 90's Red Wings rolling over the dregs of the NHL.

Fans assume when the other team applies pressure and/or scores that it is because our team messed up. Sometimes the other guys just make great plays and you tip your hat.

I agree the Rangers need to not crap the bed for an entire period and a half, but asking for a complete game is setting expectations way too high (as fans tend to do). Let's start with a solid 1st period and take it from there.

Maybe (more than likely) I'm nit picking and arguing semantics but complaining about 'not playing a full 60 minutes' is a pet peeve of mine.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Maybe I'm a hopelessly optimistic Ranger fan but imo Buchnevich's ceiling is Kucherov
At the same age he produced at very similar rates to Kucherov, Tarasenko, Panarin in the KHL and is now producing at very similar rates to how they did in the NHL. With far fewer minutes.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I hear a ton of 'haven't played a full 60 minutes'. I'm not sure what that even means. No team can play a full 60 minutes. 6-0 shutout 45-15 shot total with no turn overs or lapses in defensive coverage is a complete game. But that doesn't happen. Ever. The other team is getting paid too and the parity in the league and the up and down nature of momentum swings happen in hockey. This isn't the late 90's Red Wings rolling over the dregs of the NHL.

Fans assume when the other team applies pressure and/or scores that it is because our team messed up. Sometimes the other guys just make great plays and you tip your hat.

I agree the Rangers need to not crap the bed for an entire period and a half, but asking for a complete game is setting expectations way too high (as fans tend to do). Let's start with a solid 1st period and take it from there.

Maybe (more than likely) I'm nit picking and arguing semantics but complaining about 'not playing a full 60 minutes' is a pet peeve of mine.

I think it's slang for looking prepared and engaged.

There are times a team looks reasonably prepared, but they're just getting beat. Maybe they aren't quite executing, maybe the other team is more talented, maybe there were a handful mental lapses that made the difference, but overall, the team looked like it had a plan it was trying execute.

Right now, looks like it is asleep when the game starts and then wakes up in the third period. I think that contrast is what fans are noticing most of all and it's such a startling difference, and such a noticeable line in the sand, that it calls attention to it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Maybe I'm a hopelessly optimistic Ranger fan but imo Buchnevich's ceiling is Kucherov
At the same age he produced at very similar rates to Kucherov, Tarasenko, Panarin in the KHL and is now producing at very similar rates to how they did in the NHL. With far fewer minutes.

People often confuse ceiling with possible level a player might reach. I think Buchnevich' ceiling is definitely Kucherov. But there is a big chance he will be a little below that.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
The flat Earth society forum posters told me the same thing about my convoluted oblate spheroid Earth hypothesis.

didn't you know? pragmatism and caution is only reserved for the older and jaded :mad: generation of Rangers fans :laugh: these young ens will be at that point soon enough :nod:

One example I remember just a few years back , only after a few seasons Mcd had been a NHL regular , was that many here were so sure he was going to be Norris trophy material in the future. I then cautioned maybe we should wait until the jury is out which ran contrary to the optimistic and hopeful consensus. Then the following year happened and the excuse was the captaincy on his shoulders.....then the following year it was something else....and now here we are and McD is still no closer to being Norris material. In fact one can argue it's the converse now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
didn't you know? pragmatism and caution is only reserved for the older and jaded :mad: generation of Rangers fans :laugh: these young ens will be at that point soon enough :nod:

One example I remember just a few years back , only after a few seasons Mcd had been a NHL regular , was that many here were so sure he was going to be Norris trophy material in the future. I then cautioned maybe we should wait until the jury is out which ran contrary to the optimistic and hopeful consensus. Then the following year happened and the excuse was the captaincy on his shoulders.....then the following year it was something else....and now here we are and McD is still no closer to being Norris material. In fact one can argue it's the converse now.

In the blink of an eye...

Reactions: Petey Pucks

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I didn’t think their 1st period was nearly as bad as some make it out to be... maybe the other 1st I’ve watched them play this season have GREATLY lowered my expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad