Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Staying true to my threat (?) of no longer giving one **** made after last game, I didn't watch. I will continue to give nones ****s and we'll see how it goes.

Been there. We ended up getting hot and I had to listen from the next room for like six games :laugh:

Reactions: nyr2k2

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
My thoughts on tonights game after not reading anything here..so i'm guessing i'll get flamed to ever loving hell.

This only deals with Vigneault stuff and "saving his job" crap.

Pro Vigneault:
  • The Rangers came storming back in the 3rd..possibly saving his job.
  • He rightfully benched Smith who was atrocious.
  • He played the hell outta the KZB line which carried the team.

Anti Vigneault:
  • The KZB line looked like the best line the Rangers have had since the Zucc, Brass, Pouliot trio of the cup run....last year....in the effing preseason. It still hasnt dawned on this jackass to leave them alone. Literally counting down the time till he puts Buch back on the 4th line cause...reasons.
  • Kampfer was awful...and continued to get minutes. The Rangers should have played 4 Defenseman in the 3rd...If that was ADA, or literally any other defenseman who actually brought something to the team in other areas, he would have never seen the ice again after he got turnstiled.
  • The team...AGAIN didn't show up for the first period...gee..shocking.
  • The team...AGAIN had to be carried by their goalie. Henrik gave up 4..and IMHO should have been the first star...the Rangers had no business winning this game the way they played the first 40 mins.
  • The defensive zone coverage is just an abortion..and I don't use that word lightly...its a frikkin abortion. The only reason it wasn't an abortion in the 3rd was because Gallant turtled/That team had their 4th string goalie/That team just played last night/That team didnt have last change/That team is an effing expansion team.
  • Shattenkirk needs to play with McDonagh..I'm sorry..but thats who he needs to play with. if you need to put someone else out there when they have a tough defensive zone draw, fine, do it. Play Shatty less E.S. and no PK mins..and have him play the full 2 mins on the PP...you can still get 20+ mins a night outta him, but at E.S....he needs to play with MCD...why oh effing why is this not obvious to Vigneault.

In short...I see very little that would make me change my mind for firing AV...though tbh I wanted him gone like 3 years ago so im not really unbiased whatsoever...but literally what did you see tonight that really was a change from the previous garbage we saw? The only thing was that their 1 period of good play managed a win. Its happened a lot over the years..Henrik carries the team for 40 mins..the rest of the team plays hard for 20-30 mins, and they win.

FIRE AV.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I`m not sure if AV will be here long this season - I can`t remember last time we played a 60 min. game. And it will be very difficult to get any pts. in Tampa in two days.
this is the problem.

its not like theyve played 60 minutes with any consistency in the past 3 years. maybe even 4 years.

The further we've gotten from Torts, the further weve gotten from a team that competes night in and night out.

That's also, on an off topic, my issue with the Girardi firing for the Yanks...he kept guys accountable and had them working their butts off every game...disagree with him being fired.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The thing about AV is, would anyone really be surprised if KZB don't start the next game together?

Well it`s so random with him @Machinehead - I don`t know what to expect on game to game basis. I mention it many games ago that I sometimes feel that he throws the dices in the air and random result will happen, and that`s our lines for the next game. We will see tomorrow after the training session if we have similar top 6 lines, but both lines played very well and produced so it will surprise me if he rotate guys again in the top 6.

But Miller is the odd guy out concerning our top 6 role at the moment, and he went cold this night with David D. I believe that Miller can be a top 6 guy as well with 10 pts. so far this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nieves really stood out on quite a few plays tonight. Hope he continues to improve because he has the skating and size combo

He has good playmaking, also. Not incredibly skilled, but he can set players up. I really like that fourth line. To me, thats one of the best 4th lines in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is what I want this team to do.

KZB. Leave it alone.
Miller-Hayes-Zucc. I still don't like the second line. Would prefer Miller and Hayes with Zucc to Nash.
Vesey-Desharnais-Nash. Only three left. If Vesey isn't playing well again, bench him, and go with 11.
Grabner-Nieves-Fast. I like this fourth line. Hard working, good speed and enough offense.

McDonagh-Skjei. This needs to be tried out, Skjei has been our second most solid defender.
Staal-Shattenkirk. These two have done okay together, give it another chance.
Smith-DeAngelo. DeAngelo's gotta play over Holden, waive Kampfer. Final wake up call for Smith. He keeps playing like this, Graves is recalled and takes his spot.

Hank
Pavelec

Reactions: Macbanan and bl02

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
What a ridiculous situation now that AV effectively has a rolling one game contract, if true. The team played like shit for a good stretch, again. Hank played out of his mind and the team still managed to give up 4 through atrocious defending. The line everybody knows plays well together, even casual fans, played well and saved this asshole his job. Ugh.

Also, it's frustrating to see the team giving up soft goals, but the amount of shit people say about Hank in GDTs is absurd. It's like anything short of shutout after shutout after shutout isn't good enough. He played great today and there were still people bitching and moaning about his play. When that happens it completely removes any impact from any legitimate criticism he deserves when he actually plays poorly.

Reactions: Siddi and trilobyte

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
My thoughts on tonights game after not reading anything here..so i'm guessing i'll get flamed to ever loving hell.

This only deals with Vigneault stuff and "saving his job" crap.

Pro Vigneault:
  • The Rangers came storming back in the 3rd..possibly saving his job.
  • He rightfully benched Smith who was atrocious.
  • He played the hell outta the KZB line which carried the team.

Anti Vigneault:
  • The KZB line looked like the best line the Rangers have had since the Zucc, Brass, Pouliot trio of the cup run....last year....in the effing preseason. It still hasnt dawned on this jackass to leave them alone. Literally counting down the time till he puts Buch back on the 4th line cause...reasons.
  • Kampfer was awful...and continued to get minutes. The Rangers should have played 4 Defenseman in the 3rd...If that was ADA, or literally any other defenseman who actually brought something to the team in other areas, he would have never seen the ice again after he got turnstiled.
  • The team...AGAIN didn't show up for the first period...gee..shocking.
  • The team...AGAIN had to be carried by their goalie. Henrik gave up 4..and IMHO should have been the first star...the Rangers had no business winning this game the way they played the first 40 mins.
  • The defensive zone coverage is just an abortion..and I don't use that word lightly...its a frikkin abortion. The only reason it wasn't an abortion in the 3rd was because Gallant turtled/That team had their 4th string goalie/That team just played last night/That team didnt have last change/That team is an effing expansion team.
  • Shattenkirk needs to play with McDonagh..I'm sorry..but thats who he needs to play with. if you need to put someone else out there when they have a tough defensive zone draw, fine, do it. Play Shatty less E.S. and no PK mins..and have him play the full 2 mins on the PP...you can still get 20+ mins a night outta him, but at E.S....he needs to play with MCD...why oh effing why is this not obvious to Vigneault.

In short...I see very little that would make me change my mind for firing AV...though tbh I wanted him gone like 3 years ago so im not really unbiased whatsoever...but literally what did you see tonight that really was a change from the previous garbage we saw? The only thing was that their 1 period of good play managed a win. Its happened a lot over the years..Henrik carries the team for 40 mins..the rest of the team plays hard for 20-30 mins, and they win.

FIRE AV.
Nailed. It. Every f***ing word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
This is what I want this team to do.

KZB. Leave it alone.
Miller-Hayes-Zucc. I still don't like the second line. Would prefer Miller and Hayes with Zucc to Nash.
Vesey-Desharnais-Nash. Only three left. If Vesey isn't playing well again, bench him, and go with 11.
Grabner-Nieves-Fast. I like this fourth line. Hard working, good speed and enough offense.

McDonagh-Skjei. This needs to be tried out, Skjei has been our second most solid defender.
Staal-Shattenkirk. These two have done okay together, give it another chance.
Smith-DeAngelo. DeAngelo's gotta play over Holden, waive Kampfer. Final wake up call for Smith. He keeps playing like this, Graves is recalled and takes his spot.

Hank
Pavelec

Miller and Hayes need to be away from each other. What I think needs to happen and will eventually occur is that Nash will get dealt, and Chytil will be promoted and slot in between Miller and Zucc. Hayes will center Vesey and Fast, and the 4th line will be Nieves/DD/Grabner.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Team won despite AV. This defensive scheme is ridiculously bad. Hank was making signature amazing saves and still allowed 4 ga. Smith was bad but how much better was McD?

I really like Nieves and this line with Grabner and Fast. DD is growing on me.

Fire AV!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Miller and Hayes need to be away from each other. What I think needs to happen and will eventually occur is that Nash will get dealt, and Chytil will be promoted and slot in between Miller and Zucc. Hayes will center Vesey and Fast, and the 4th line will be Nieves/DD/Grabner.
From your lips to Gorton's ears.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If this team only played third periods it would be near the top of the standings.

Great to see a win, but the Negative Nancy in me is also concerned that this comeback came against an expansion team's fourth string goalie.

This team still does not look good in so many areas - specifically the defense. Nobody on the defense looks better than "good" and a lot of guys are just lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad