Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Flyers 11/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
for granted lol your kidding right? he is horrible so far and really be outplayed on a consistent basis.. He is the man late season but the horrible starts need to stop.. now to answer your counter point yes the D sucks. but missing glove saves on 45 ft shots or horrible rebounds into the slot are not the D fault, Maybe he needs to leave the pockets full of cash in the locker room and move a little faster.

He is horrible? How? The team had a **** defense for most of the season so far and was missing a #1C (who happens to be a stellar defensive player). What you said about the defense is not an "answer to your counter point", it is the statement in which the logic of your entire post collapses on itself.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
for granted lol your kidding right? he is horrible so far and really be outplayed on a consistent basis.. He is the man late season but the horrible starts need to stop.. now to answer your counter point yes the D sucks. but missing glove saves on 45 ft shots or horrible rebounds into the slot are not the D fault, Maybe he needs to leave the pockets full of cash in the locker room and move a little faster.

Exactly. He's taken for granted. I would love to see these boards with an average goalie in net.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Hank in November:

2.07 GAA, .930 sv%, 2 SO, 2-2-3

That's ****ing terrible.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Eh. You never know what you've got until it's gone. Boyle is what he is. There are wayyyyy worse players than Brian Boyle in this league.

I think it is 2 things

1) Brian Boyle was good at faceoffs
this has been killing the rangers so far not having a good faceoff guy

2) This is a new team for Boyle. When he had a contract coming up last time around with the rangers he put up like 20 goals.

Boyle will be back to being Brian Boyle with 0 offense and playing like he is 5'9" again.

The only thing about Boyle I miss is his ability to take defensive zone draws. Everything else is meh

The killer was the loss of Stralman. Not resigning him was dumb. Especially given the injuries. The only thing I can think of is that there had to be some issues in the front office. They obviously thought they could get away with a stopgap until the kids in Hartford were ready. Many posters here are saying none of the kids will ever be ready. So either they over valued their prospects OR they really though Boyle was an upgrade over Stralman which seems like another monumental screw up by the front office

Letting Stralman walk and signing Glass are 2 very questionable moves made this off season

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
he is horrible so far and really be outplayed on a consistent basis..

h5DYgb2.png

The only horrible thing is how bad the team in front of him is consistently playing.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
As I mentioned before, in case anyone missed it.

“@DarrenDreger: More definitive word from GM meeting. Dry scrape to be scrapped as early as this wknd...in favour of full shovel crews.”

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Generally this team plays better defensively and provides more goal support in front of their backup. They played some great hockey when Talbot started last season and I assume that's why AV is giving him the start. But this season, I haven't noticed much of a difference in how the team plays whether it be Talbot or Lundqvist starting, the defensive lapses are still there.

I've heard "this team needs to respond" too many times this season. It was only a week ago they were saying the same thing after losing to Toronto and Edmonton. It's about time they start finding some sort of consistency in both effort and execution.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Generally this team plays better defensively and provides more goal support in front of their backup. They played some great hockey when Talbot started last season and I assume that's why AV is giving him the start. But this season, I haven't noticed much of a difference in how the team plays whether it be Talbot or Lundqvist starting, the defensive lapses are still there.

I've heard "this team needs to respond" too many times this season. It was only a week ago they were saying the same thing after losing to Toronto and Edmonton. It's about time they start finding some sort of consistency in both effort and execution.

Agreed, but Dave Maloney made a great point last night during the broadcast. This team needs a good, long road trip. Less distractions, focus on just playing and bonding off the ice. They need something like that to help them all get into a groove together.

They get way too complacent too easily being home for as long they've been.

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
As I mentioned before, in case anyone missed it.

“@DarrenDreger: More definitive word from GM meeting. Dry scrape to be scrapped as early as this wknd...in favour of full shovel crews.â€

Yea thats an odd decision. Saves a little time but what about quality of ice and players safety

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yea thats an odd decision. Saves a little time but what about quality of ice and players safety

“@DarrenDreger: GM's mtng: Source suggests dry scrape could be abandoned as early as wknd. Full shovel crews would handle pre-OT clean in 2 mins or less....â€

“@DarrenDreger: Time it took to complete Dry Scrape and the fact it sucked the life out of the building are 2 primary reasons for abandoning in season.â€

AHB*

Why? Because its an "easy win?"

You should know by now theres no such thing, and the Sabres will probably shut them out while not even trying.

At this point, it doesn't really make a difference, but quite frankly, Hank should be playing divisional games. With the new structure of the league, divisional games are FAR more important than any other games.

It's the reason I had issue with Hank starting against TOR at home instead of the night before against CBJ.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This is a show me game for talbot

Coaching staff is not happy with him and want him to prove himself is my thought

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This is a show me game for talbot

Coaching staff is not happy with him and want him to prove himself is my thought

He needs to get him in some games, and after the pathetic performances the team put forth the other night, he wants to shake things up a bit.

It's the Flyers, and Talbot in net. They won't have any excuses if they pull the same type of performance tomorrow night. This is a test of the team in front of the goaltender.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 1m1 minute ago
#Flyers say forward Claude Giroux (day-to-day, lower-body injury) is out tomorrow against the #Rangers.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
People get upset when they're not taken seriously around here, but then they post stuff about how Hank is horrible.

The only bad thing the Rangers did this off-season were sign Glass and not resign Stralman. It's still yet to be seen if we can contend without Stralman. We'll see.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It should be a no brainer for talbot to play friday. This is as much on Hank and the boys as it is on talbot to prove himself

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It should be a no brainer for talbot to play friday. This is as much on Hank and the boys as it is on talbot to prove himself

Cam has something to prove this season. Hank doesn't.

The players in front of both of them need to show something. Thus where the real problem lies with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest