Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: Vigneault on tomorrow night's game: "We have to respond."”

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I really am not sure if I want to watch that flyers game. Talbot has been bad this season.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: "We better respond..our whole group needs to be better"-Alain Vigneault #NYR”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault also says Stempniak is day-to-day. So lines I tweeted earlier from practice today could be lines tomorrow vs. #Flyers”

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't disagree with it. The team has to respond and play better in front of their goaltenders.

This is true and it's a good point.

But this is an interdivision game. I'd just rather Hank.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Blegh. Once again I disagree with AV's use of the goalies. In Buffalo on Friday screams Talbot game. But, I suppose if you want your players to respond and play a more sound game, putting in your backup makes sense.

I mean, one is a divisional opponent who will be battling for a playoff spot, and the other is a team that, well, is the Sabres... so... yeah.

Beats me.

If playing the Flyers isn't enough to get the locker room going to play a sound game, then our locker room has issues.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Blegh. Once again I disagree with AV's use of the goalies. In Buffalo on Friday screams Talbot game. But, I suppose if you want your players to respond and play a more sound game, putting in your backup makes sense.

I mean, one is a divisional opponent who will be battling for a playoff spot, and the other is a team that, well, is the Sabres... so... yeah.

Beats me.

If playing the Flyers isn't enough to get the locker room going to play a sound game, then our locker room has issues.

Losing Richards and Boyle definitely hurts in that regard.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Beats me.

I think his thinking is, playing the Flyers will get them pumped, plus the fact that AV is playing Talbot for the game sends a message to the entire team that they need to step it up.

If they win the game, and Hank plays against Buffalo, that could be 4 total points before facing Montreal at home on the 23rd.

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Amazing so many people love Boyle now when I had to see so much of the board endlessly rip the guy for most of his career on this team.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Amazing so many people love Boyle now when I had to see so much of the board endlessly rip the guy for most of his career on this team.

Eh. You never know what you've got until it's gone. Boyle is what he is. There are wayyyyy worse players than Brian Boyle in this league.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Feel like Talbot's due. could be for the best. Guys need to stop taking Hank for granted.

for granted lol your kidding right? he is horrible so far and really be outplayed on a consistent basis.. He is the man late season but the horrible starts need to stop.. now to answer your counter point yes the D sucks. but missing glove saves on 45 ft shots or horrible rebounds into the slot are not the D fault, Maybe he needs to leave the pockets full of cash in the locker room and move a little faster.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Off topic: “@DarrenDreger: More definitive word from GM meeting. Dry scrape to be scrapped as early as this wknd...in favour of full shovel crews.”

Vickers8

Andrew Gross‏@AGrossRecord
Lee Stempniak, who missed today's practice due to maintenance, is day to day, per Vigneault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad