GDT: Rangers vs CBus - "I Don't Have a Clever Title Since I'm Eating Lunch Now" Edition 3/20/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope AV have plans to use Henrik in this game - I dislike losing against CBJ and we have the best chance to win when he is our goalie.
Why use the young goalie now - AV is gone end of this season anyway, and hopefully the other goalie from Russia Igor Shestyorkin is ready to play as our backup next year.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Bobrovsky has been pretty bad in the postseason. Not saying he's solely the reason that CBJ can never advanced, but he's had some tough years.

Should be interesting tomorrow. I thought #TeamTank would go 0-4 starting with the Penguins game and they're 1-0-1. Next two games could really be the difference between drafting 7th or 11th.
That ship seems to be sailing along and not sinking (as we hoped) as that 3 game Western sweep really hurt us. We had no business winning all 3 and beating Pitt was wonderful and all, but....
Subtract 4 wins and we would be only 6 points from having the best lottery pctg. Damn. But it's been kind of nice, albeit a mirage. Are they really playing for AV? Do they really want him to stay?

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
That ship seems to be sailing along and not sinking (as we hoped) as that 3 game Western sweep really hurt us. We had no business winning all 3 and beating Pitt was wonderful and all, but....
Subtract 4 wins and we would be only 6 points from having the best lottery pctg. Damn. But it's been kind of nice, albeit a mirage. Are they really playing for AV? Do they really want him to stay?
They are playing for themselves. They know the rebuilding is not over, nobody is safe in this offseason.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I hope AV have plans to use Henrik in this game - I dislike losing against CBJ and we have the best chance to win when he is our goalie.
Why use the young goalie now - AV is gone end of this season anyway, and hopefully the other goalie from Russia Igor Shestyorkin is ready to play as our backup next year.
This has already been discussed. Igor has one more year on his contract. It is why Georgiev is getting a long look. Cheaper contract to backup next year while we move out Pavelec to wherever.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It's a 3rd game in 4 nights for Columbus. Korpisalo played last night. Bob played against Ottawa on Saturday. Bob will probably start tonight. Seth Jones has been out with an upper body injury. He is starting to emerge as one of the NHL's elite D. Columbus looked like they were going to miss the playoffs until a few weeks ago. They won a game in San Jose and haven't lost since then. 8 straight wins. Cole has helped them on D. Vanek has been a good addition for them too. They have the opportunity to win the Metro division. Home ice will be a factor in the Metro. Four teams separated by 4 points. The Rangers have 5 games remaining against those teams:Columbus and 2x each with Washington & Philadelphia.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No it really wouldn’t be.
I am going to continue to root for my team to win. As I have said since before the deadline that this team will not fall far enough to be in the top 5 lottery spots. Not surprising they are outside the top 10 right now. There is just enough talent to compete. So might as well support winning than losing. We will still have three 1st round draft picks.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I am going to continue to root for my team to win. As I have said since before the deadline that this team will not fall far enough to be in the top 5 lottery spots. Not surprising they are outside the top 10 right now. There is just enough talent to compete. So might as well support winning than losing. We will still have three 1st round draft picks.
The Rangers are 10th.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We've got 2 possible wins on the remaining schedule. Home vs Buffalo and at Carolina. Outside of that, the remaining schedule is: @Philly 2x, Caps 2x, Isles (Their SCF), Devils, Tampa, the two mentioned above, and tonight's game.

There is plenty of losing to go around. Playoff hungry teams, some trying to better position themselves. The Devils and Flyers as the last two games are teams trying to get into the playoffs.

Even the Sabres have been playing better than most of the season (5-4-1 in L10).

I say they'll get passed by the Islanders. Past that, it's tough to say. Too many other teams below them are in the gutter and are not getting the kind of goaltending we are.

Detroit is doing the tank quite well. (0-9-1 in L10). Imagine being like that. Teams like that should not be rewarded.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I'd rather pick 7-8 than 10 or 11.

There is nothing to gain from winning right now. The playoffs are well out of sight.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Lets Get Rasmus Dahlin

Tank_bb432f_273467.jpg

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I hate Columbus and hope we beat the hell out of them, but again won't be mad if we lose. I love seeing us win still. I do like that we are getting more looks with the call-ups and guys that can potentially have bigger roles in the future. It's nice to see some of them grow and play with some purpose. Oh well, whatever happens happens at this point

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
These games are much like the preseason for me. Apathetic as to score, watching mostly to evaluate the players, especially young ones.

Reactions: will1066 and Bozle

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
We've got 2 possible wins on the remaining schedule. Home vs Buffalo and at Carolina. Outside of that, the remaining schedule is: @Philly 2x, Caps 2x, Isles (Their SCF), Devils, Tampa, the two mentioned above, and tonight's game.

There is plenty of losing to go around. Playoff hungry teams, some trying to better position themselves. The Devils and Flyers as the last two games are teams trying to get into the playoffs.

Even the Sabres have been playing better than most of the season (5-4-1 in L10).

I say they'll get passed by the Islanders. Past that, it's tough to say. Too many other teams below them are in the gutter and are not getting the kind of goaltending we are.

Detroit is doing the tank quite well. (0-9-1 in L10). Imagine being like that. Teams like that should not be rewarded.

I still think we have a solid chance at finishing 8th which I’d be happy with. Our schedule isn’t great like you highlighted, Chicago has too much top end talent to continue being that crappy, and Edmonton has a lot of fairly beatable opponents (Vancouver twice, Carolina, Ottawa, and Calgary). Carolina and the Islanders I think will pick up some points along the way as well.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Very commendable for fellow Ranger fans to want to help out the debbies chances of making the playoffs. (half kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad