Rumor: Rangers Trying to Sign CSKA Forward Sergei Shumakov Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
So we are putting our best defensive center on the wing to accommodate two rookies?

I feel like the coach should be taking control of these positional decisions and not the players or the GM.

Spooner said the other day that he's a center. But I don't really care what he thinks, nor should Quinn. The guy is not a center at the NHL level. He's already bad defensively as a winger, why should we have him playing center on what supposedly would be our "4th line"?

And there's absolutely no way that Andersson or Chytil get a spot at center instead of Hayes, in my opinion. Maybe you put one of the two at center, but both? I don't think its a good idea.

I still think this team needs to make a trade. There's just not a place for the two rookies, Spooner and Namestnikov in the same lineup.
Well Shumakov isn't signing here so Spooner will be on the wing. As far as FC and Andersson at center, why not? This team is not concerned about winning games moreso than they are with developing their young players. Playing both guys at center seems like an obvious decision to make.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Well Shumakov isn't signing here so Spooner will be on the wing. As far as FC and Andersson at center, why not? This team is not concerned about winning games moreso than they are with developing their young players. Playing both guys at center seems like an obvious decision to make.

Because neither Chytil nor Andersson is done developing at AHL level. Their contracts can slide another year. That should be taken into account unless they are NHL ready. I don't think they are.

Reactions: Rangers743

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Is this as certain as when the Rangers were not trading Derek Stepan? :laugh:

If we look at Rob Vollman's NHLe conversion, 40 points in 47 KHL games translates to 55 points over 82 games in the NHL. Not bad for a free asset.

Do we really think that Nigel Dawes would have led the Rangers in goals the last 4 seasons straight? Because that's what that Vollman chart suggests.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Because neither Chytil nor Andersson is done developing at AHL level. Their contracts can slide another year. That should be taken into account unless they are NHL ready. I don't think they are.
We don't know whether they are 100% ready, but from all accounts the Rangers want them to play in the NHL, so I will assume they are going to be in the NHL. And if they are, then I think letting them play center and develop there is for the best. If they play one of them on the wing it's not a problem, but I would bet they will be in the middle. If they aren't, the discussion is pointless lol.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Do we really think that Nigel Dawes would have led the Rangers in goals the last 4 seasons straight? Because that's what that Vollman chart suggests.

I guess we will never know but Dawes is a much better player today than he was when he was still in the NHL. It's not an exact science, but the Vollman chart has merit with what it is based on.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I mean, we might want him but I really can't imagine why he'd want to sign here right now. Maybe if we were a year in the future and had Shesty, Kravstov and Rykov over but right now he'd be with Buch and pretty much nobody else on a team that is kind of aiming to tread water for a year.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I mean, we might want him but I really can't imagine why he'd want to sign here right now. Maybe if we were a year in the future and had Shesty, Kravstov and Rykov over but right now he'd be with Buch and pretty much nobody else on a team that is kind of aiming to tread water for a year.

Lots of ice time, padded numbers, 1 year contract. That’s what he’d be banking on if he’s got confidence in his game.

Of course, he can get that in Edmonton and potentially play with better players.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Come on Gorton I need some entertainment this season.
I got you home-slice.

1263563485_dancing_kids.gif

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Lots of ice time, padded numbers, 1 year contract. That’s what he’d be banking on if he’s got confidence in his game.

Of course, he can get that in Edmonton and potentially play with better players.
Yeah, a lot of teams could provide similar situations. I'm not sure I see it with us as nice as it would be. If he takes a 1 year deal somewhere maybe we could lure him to NY next season when the Russian invasion comes.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

pretty sure andersson's can't slide again because of his age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad