Confirmed with Link: Rangers trade Rupp to Wild for Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
How much PK time did Powe get?

Powe played over 10 minutes last night. In his second game with a new team. He had 2 shots on goal. I would say he is a solid 3rd/4th liner who brings energy and PK ability which is exactly what this team needed. That 10 minutes allows players like Callahan, Stepan, Nash, Gaborik and Richards to not have to play 30 minutes every day

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Powe was pretty good last night, especially on the PK.

Hes the only guy on the roster right now with a chance to replace some of what Prust gave this team.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Powe was pretty good last night, especially on the PK.

Hes the only guy on the roster right now with a chance to replace some of what Prust gave this team.

That is exactly the scouting report I gave on him the day the trade went down. Will never replace Prust completely because he's not as scrappy and won't drop the gloves nearly as much, or as well, but brings speed, hustle, grit, shot blocking, PKing and a lot of what made Prust successful.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Concerning the bottom-six, we've dramatically improved there, really in a matter of 48 hours. Miller seems to have some concept of the game, and he can execute that knowledge. Powe is like Prust sin fighting, Kreider and Callahan came back (probably the real difference maker).

Ferriero really deserves to be here over Bickel. Boyle should be in over Halpern.

For the record, I really like Kreider-Miller-Callahan... it gives Callahan a lot of responsibility he's never really had before. I expect Kreider to take off maybe around 15-20 games in. I get the sense that Miller will be on the bus a few times, hopefully sticking come the playoffs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What a great trade. Unbelievable that clueless Rangers fans on facebook were upset over this trade. People see a 6'5 guy that drops his gloves once in a while and automatically love him. On the trade board people were shocked too, unbelievable. I guess those people were going off Rupp in his Pens days.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
It was in 1998.

This site was called Hockey2000 from 1996 to 1998. Up to that time, it was hosted on Geocities.

One of the Taylor brothers (who founded this site) was telling me that now that he's got a real domain, he thinks the site will really take off, and he turned out to be right. The site was supposed to be called HockeyFuture, but that domain wasn't available, so it became HockeysFuture. They also tried to create an HF magazine, but it never went anywhere. But their site design at the time was ahead of its time, which helped jump start the project.

I was so dismayed when they switched the board from the old "tree" format to the one with threads. Felt like walking on the ceiling.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Infinitely superior to Rupp. I'd like to see him use his speed more to forecheck but he's been real solid in his first 2 games. AND we got an alright tweener in the deal in Palmieri. What a brilliant trade by Slats, it's like NHL 13.

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
Rumor re: Rupp

Fully recognize this as questionable source, esp since haven't seen this anywhere else in thread. But anyone hear anything similar? Believe Dagoon posted here that he is friends w Rupp, so this could clearly be a farse but interested nevertheless...

Ricky Otazu (@Dagoon44) tweeted at 2:40pm - 7 Feb 13:

hearing there is a lot of tension in Rangers locker room.. was Rupp moved after standing up to torts? rumor i heard (https://twitter.com/Dagoon44/status/299603609795063808)

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Fully recognize this as questionable source, esp since haven't seen this anywhere else in thread. But anyone hear anything similar? Believe Dagoon posted here that he is friends w Rupp, so this could clearly be a farse but interested nevertheless...

Ricky Otazu (@Dagoon44) tweeted at 2:40pm - 7 Feb 13:

hearing there is a lot of tension in Rangers locker room.. was Rupp moved after standing up to torts? rumor i heard (https://twitter.com/Dagoon44/status/299603609795063808)

considering Torts said he doesnt have a bad thing to say about Rupp and it was more of a depth speed move for the bottom 6 I call BS

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I find it interesting that this move was made after one of our better wins of the season, as well as the Miller call up. Like Torts wasn't resting on his laurels.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
considering Torts said he doesnt have a bad thing to say about Rupp and it was more of a depth speed move for the bottom 6 I call BS

"Standing up to Torts"

Which rational unbiased non-troll phrases things like that?
Were there rumors that Torts was bullying players and taking their lunch money as well?

SupersonicMonkey*

Or it could be that Rupp is complete garbage and utterly useless as a hockey player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad