Confirmed with Link: Rangers trade Rupp to Wild for Darroll Powe and Nick Palmieri

16 To Stanley*

I would like to see asham get a little more ice time. Not having Rupp on his line may help with that. Whoever is out there with him should provide significantly more speed

He had a fair amount of shifts last game with Boyle and Halpern. I thought they looked decent together. Bickel, Rupp & Ferererio didn't see the ice at all after the 1st period.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Holy crap.

Fletch_Lives_movie_poster.jpg

Good to see ya, stranger.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
Now all you need is True Blue and Edge and you've got yourself some more of the old guard. Of course I could be considered old guard too being on this site for ten+ years now.

Heartbreakkid

Feb 2, 2013
how these trades keep getting pulled off is beyond me. Mike rupp for nick palmeri alone would have been worth it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
When was the "re-do" of HFBoards? I can't remember the year it was all erased and remade. Did it happen before 2002 as well? I do remember the 2002 change and all, but my memory is foggy as to if it happened prior to that as well.

Ace2008

Jun 28, 2006
Time to build lines 3 and 4 and this will help

Palmieri for Rupp is almost worth it...to get an experienced grinder w/ the versatility that POWE is a solid swap on any front. Wild weren't going to play Nick and that is a good trade for NYR. Palmieri in short bursts alongside Ilja Kovalchuk a few years ago looked like a very solid 2nd line 20 goal power forward. Right now the Wings for NYR are starting to look good.

Unfortunately the blueline and Center Ice look a bit thin on Size/ Power and Depth.

Mcd/Staal--Girardi the only true top 2 duo..Really MISSING Sauer.

Gilroy is improving but needs a solid #1/2 Left handed partner to balance him out Stralman is not the right fit for this combo. Sadly B.Skej isn't NHL bound any time soon.

My combos once Callahan and Kreider return to form-----

Nash--B.R.--Gaborik

Pyatt--Stepan--Hagelin

Miller-Boyle-Callahan---Rationale here is to let Boyle rediscover his 10 goal form and give the combined leadership of Boyle and Callahan a boost by another good young leader in Miller who is a versatile Malhotra/Dubinsky style of grinder but with more versatility to his game and less size/speed/ goals. Allows for greater development of Millers all around game by playing with 2 of the best fits for his style. Truthfully he's usually better @ C/RW but he can fit anywhere in the bottom 9 slots behind the top line.

Kreider-Powe-Palmieri--Energy, size and Grit...NYR could actually use a speedskating pivot right now as neither Boyle/Halpern/Miller really fit the role and they're missing the skill/ reach of Anisimov/Dubinsky just a little bit at Center.

Punxrocknyc19*

Does anyone know if Nick is related to Chazz?

That would be awsome.

that would be great. he is a great actor. he was great in A Bronx Tale and pretty funny in Down To Earth

SupersonicMonkey*

Look at what Powe provided last night.

This trade is a steal so far.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
When was the "re-do" of HFBoards? I can't remember the year it was all erased and remade. Did it happen before 2002 as well? I do remember the 2002 change and all, but my memory is foggy as to if it happened prior to that as well.

It was in 1998.

This site was called Hockey2000 from 1996 to 1998. Up to that time, it was hosted on Geocities.

One of the Taylor brothers (who founded this site) was telling me that now that he's got a real domain, he thinks the site will really take off, and he turned out to be right. The site was supposed to be called HockeyFuture, but that domain wasn't available, so it became HockeysFuture. They also tried to create an HF magazine, but it never went anywhere. But their site design at the time was ahead of its time, which helped jump start the project.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
He blocked a shot..I barely noticed him..The Powe love fest is laughable...Hows Hagelins head/back after Boulton cheap shotted him..Rupp wouldnt have prevented it but he would have made him fight...Carrying only a middle weight is gonna bite us in the ass..

Look at what Powe provided last night.

This trade is a steal so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad