cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
maybe Joe still has warm feelings of his brief liaison w NYR

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Eh the Buch return was questionable at best. Especially if the report we could have had a first from LA was true.
Ah didn't know that. How high was their first? I mean I get why we went with STL. Need NHL ready players although a higher pick would've been nice

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Great trade for both teams. Geo can be a starter, he just can't be a backup or in a switch off with his partner. He is clearly a guy that needs the net and needs the consistent starts. And the Avs are good so he won't get shelled every night like he did with us.

Drury just got most of the picks back from the deadline for someone who was gone so that is very good. But we still hate him right?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tinordi signing sucked too. And as much as I like Blais, that Buch trade was also underwhelming. But overall I think Drury’s done alright.
The Buchnevich deal will always be underwhelming, regardless of what Blais does. I do think people evaluate it too harshly because we didn't have a ton of leverage with Buch, and that was well-known, with the only other option being to self-rent. NGL, the return wasn't great, and I feel like they may have fallen in love with Blais and moved too quickly on it. I have no way of knowing that for sure, though.

The Tinordi signing was dumb, though my defense of that move is that he was signed to a deal that could be fully buried, and he was actually a useful player in Hartford.

The Nemeth signing I won't defend. I will say I was on board with Nemeth the player, though I thought 3 years was a little much. That one was just a whiff. It happens to the best GMs, though.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
The Buchnevich deal will always be underwhelming, regardless of what Blais does. I do think people evaluate it too harshly because we didn't have a ton of leverage with Buch, and that was well-known, with the only other option being to self-rent. NGL, the return wasn't great, and I feel like they may have fallen in love with Blais and moved too quickly on it. I have no way of knowing that for sure, though.

The Tinordi signing was dumb, though my defense of that move is that he was signed to a deal that could be fully buried, and he was actually a useful player in Hartford.

The Nemeth signing I won't defend. I will say I was on board with Nemeth the player, though I thought 3 years was a little much. That one was just a whiff. It happens to the best GMs, though.
100% right. Though Vancouver is now in the exact same position with JT Miller. Being on the other side of a trade like that would be nice (albeit no clue what the long term gameplan is).

Reactions: nyr2k2

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
basically recouped what we gave up for Braun/Vatrano/Motte in terms of picks. Great job. If needed helps make some small deadline deals which can help.

Reactions: gump116

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Does Sakic owe Drury money from their playing days? They were teammates in Colorado. Did Sakic lose money playing cards and the juice has been on for over 20 years?
Guess Sakic pranked rookie GM Drury with the Nemeth trade. With the Cup win he can afford to be generous to his buddy.

Reactions: Ncit3

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Drury does a good job speaking to teams and gauging the market. He is a professional. He isnt going to get McDavid for Kakko but he listens to everyone and then takes what he feels is the best offer that the market is making available. Really did a good job here considering we did not have much leverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad