Confirmed with Link: Rangers trade D Tarmo Reunanen to CAR for C Maxim Letunov

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Fun fact: Going through former trades between the two teams... Jesper Fast, who now plays for Carolina, was drafted with a pick acquired from Carolina in exchange for Bobby Sanguinetti.
And Ryan Callahan was picked with the pick we got for Messier when he was dealt to the Sharks

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Which hotshot Finnish prospect will we more regret giving up on: Tarmo Reunanen or Aleksi Saarela? :laugh:
Kakko
BeneficialUnrealisticHerring-max-1mb.gif

Fansince1992

May 18, 2014
Looks like this trade shows where they ranked Reunanen in terms of Rangers defensive depth with Nils, Jones, Robertson, and Skinner.

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
Hear hear!

Adam Fox for 2nd+2nd
1st for Brady Skjei
Julien Gauthier for Joey Keane
Maxim Letunov for Tarmo Reunanen

These are the trades with CAR recently. Then there's former Rangers in Carolina who got there without a trade.

Fast: UFA signing
DeAngelo: UFA signing
Raanta: UFA signing
Stepan: UFA signing
Smith: UFA signing
Looking at the trades, it is hard to say we haven't won with the three trades with Carolina. I know Fox was coming here, but when every team in the league would go back and make that trade just be sure about it if they were in the Rangers position, you have to count that as a win. Skjei is a fine middle pair defensemen, but his cap made no sense to stay on this team and a first was a great return. It is probably considered a Win-Win for both teams. As of right now, Gauthier has a significant lead in NHL games played over Keane. It could change, but for now that is a win. I don't see Keane playing here at this point either if we didn't make the trade.

I do like Reunanen, but if I had to bet if he plays over 100 NHL games, I am taking the under every time. When I saw him in Traverse City, I was not very impressed. Fox was the best player on any team. I thought Robertson looked significantly better and he was much younger. He didn't stick out from Keane, Skinner or even Nico Gross that much.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Don't know anything about Letunov but initial reaction is that it's an underwhelming return and that we didn't exactly win the deal last time Carolina traded a forward for one of our defensive prospects. Someone give me the good news.

If Nils is on the block this summer I don't know why Reunanon would be moved.
He's a trading chip but not like "on the block," IMO... his return straight up would be ridiculously underwhelming.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Looking at the trades, it is hard to say we haven't won with the three trades with Carolina. I know Fox was coming here, but when every team in the league would go back and make that trade just be sure about it if they were in the Rangers position, you have to count that as a win. Skjei is a fine middle pair defensemen, but his cap made no sense to stay on this team and a first was a great return. It is probably considered a Win-Win for both teams. As of right now, Gauthier has a significant lead in NHL games played over Keane. It could change, but for now that is a win. I don't see Keane playing here at this point either if we didn't make the trade.

I do like Reunanen, but if I had to bet if he plays over 100 NHL games, I am taking the under every time. When I saw him in Traverse City, I was not very impressed. Fox was the best player on any team. I thought Robertson looked significantly better and he was much younger. He didn't stick out from Keane, Skinner or even Nico Gross that much.
You guys have the right attitude but the Gauthioer trade has no winner... they saw what we didn't naturally... he's not regular NHL material, and Keane could be... they'd get the slight edge, if anything... Vatrano good, almost Pirri-esque... they also poached Fast, so.../

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hear hear!

Adam Fox for 2nd+2nd
1st for Brady Skjei
Julien Gauthier for Joey Keane
Maxim Letunov for Tarmo Reunanen

These are the trades with CAR recently. Then there's former Rangers in Carolina who got there without a trade.

Fast: UFA signing
DeAngelo: UFA signing
Raanta: UFA signing
Stepan: UFA signing
Smith: UFA signing
Not like they destroyed us in that trade like TB did. These were our "unwanted" players, leftovers so to speak. Shame, I loved Tony AND Jesper.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So we’ll finally be done with people crying about Deangelo in 2064? I can’t wait that long.
What if Tony ended up playing for the Rangers again someday? Then I suppose you (and many others) would lambaster him until 2065 at least. Right? Just depends if one is pro or anti Tony. Right?
At least give us that.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So we’ll finally be done with people crying about Deangelo in 2064? I can’t wait that long.
What if Tony ended up playing for the Rangers again someday? Then I suppose you (and many others) would lambaster him until 2065 at least. Right? Just depends if one is pro or anti Tony. Right?
At least give us that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad