Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Will Cuylle to ELC

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Problem is that Tom Wilson has gotten away with so much that nobody else could have pulled off. Raffi Torres got 41 games for this hit:

How many hits as bad or worse than that does Wilson have? The league gave way to the pressure from Washington and let Wilson of the hook early on a few times, and that ended up in them being invested in him. If they throw the book at him now, everyone will go ''what the heck have we said from day 1, why haven't you done anything until now?"

Torres had a long ass rap sheet before that suspension though.

Wilson's next one will be of similar length.

Reactions: Ola

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just watched this kid play the greyhounds for the last 2 days . He's unreal and his shot is on another level. He's a really good prospect and by far the best player on the ice the last 2 days . I think Ranger fans are gonna be really happy with this guy
Better than Wyatt Johnston?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Better than Wyatt Johnston?
Wyatt Johnston had a good showing today ( the second day of a back to back ) but IMO Cuylle was just dominate . Every shift he was n, oticeable ,he plays 2 way hockey and doesn't give up on the play he's relentless . Like I said before his shot was what blew me away he has a rocket .

Not to say Johnston isn't good by any means and this was just a 2 game back to back that I seen so a small sample size but I was impressed enough to come to a rangers forum and post

I hope he transitions onto the next level

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wyatt Johnston had a good showing today ( the second day of a back to back ) but IMO Cuylle was just dominate . Every shift he was n, oticeable ,he plays 2 way hockey and doesn't give up on the play he's relentless . Like I said before his shot was what blew me away he has a rocket .

Not to say Johnston isn't good by any means and this was just a 2 game back to back that I seen so a small sample size but I was impressed enough to come to a rangers forum and post

I hope he transitions onto the next level
Thank you!

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Would be nice to see him get a chance over Blais at some point this season. While his 17 points in 33 AHL games isn't super impressive it's pretty damn good when you put it in context (2nd in scoring on the team).

Reactions: Atax and egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Would be nice to see him get a chance over Blais at some point this season. While his 17 points in 33 AHL games isn't super impressive it's pretty damn good when you put it in context (2nd in scoring on the team).
respectfully disagree, IMHO no good reason for 20/21-year-olds seeing 8-12 minutes of ice per game
a 1,2 game cup of coffee, for a taste, and a reality check, OK, if need arises

but i believe too many fans are being misled by the more common than ever, but still damn rare,
precocious NHL success of of some 19-21 year old kids

give Cuylle all of this, and at least half of next, and he'll be that much more ready, whenever the call comes

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
He will end up as the better player than Lias Andersson, which makes this a win in my book. Players like Cuylle don't get developed often through our system. I think we will have a much younger and cheaper Goodrow on our hands for awhile. Cuylle really impresses me.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
respectfully disagree, IMHO no good reason for 20/21-year-olds seeing 8-12 minutes of ice per game

but i believe too many fans are being misled by the more common than ever, but still damn rare,

give Cuylle all of this, and at least half of next, and he'll be that much more ready, whenever the call comes
Yeah - more minutes never hurt a developing youngster. We need to be more patient. Delayed gratification is good.

Reactions: bl02

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York

Don’t mind letting him simmer but sometimes getting a cup of coffee can be beneficial in that the player learns where they stand in terms of NHL readiness. I think with the team being in the midst of trying to make the playoffs he‘ll probably have to wait at minimum till next season though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad