Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Shesterkin

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
"Most handed out ever on a second contract"

Only 4 years?

My first thought is: We really are f***ing idiots.

My 2nd is: "I thought Hank took more coming off his ELC?" (Just looked, I don't remember it but apparently he had a little one year deal before the 6 year

3rd thought is: Can't wait to give him 8 years 10 M when he's about to turn 30 since that's what we just set ourselves up for.

Lundqvist had a bigger relative cap-hit than Shestyorkin. This quote by Seravalli is interesting, but also very misleading.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Lundqvist had a bigger relative cap-hit than Shestyorkin. This quote by Seravalli is interesting, but also very misleading.
Yea but on a 1 year deal. I feel like you usually used to get money or years. Now you just get all of the above with a nmc to boot half the time

Overall it feels like the NHL agents are S tier gods up against NHL gms who are F tier clowns

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Do you see it now? ;)

This thread definitely has quite of bit of laughs for the posters who thought he was overpaid..
Yes, and thank God one of those posters wasn't me. If it made Shesty happy then so be it. Maybe, just maybe he and his agent will take it easy on us next contract. Give now, then give back.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I said it then, and I’ll say it again. Not signing this guy for longer term is devastating. This contract should have been more dollars and more term. We never take risks on our long term deals and it’s going to kill us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad