Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Penn State Defender Vince Pedrie (UFA)

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Shout out to glees68 for posting these tweets in the Draft Thread. Think this is pretty legit, but will leave it as a rumor until further confirmation (although I think The Collegian Daily twitter verification can justify that) :sarcasm:.

Mods feel free to change the genre once confirmed or denied. :)

Thoughts?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Anyone have any thoughts on this guy leaving 2 years early? Havent heard any talk on him before this -- but maybe that's because it's a surprise he bolted early from College.

blueshirtbolt

Aug 12, 2009
23 years old, maybe thinks his chances of making it after another 2 years in NCAA aren't as good as they are now.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Right handed defenseman. 6-0 195. American from Rochester.

2015-16 Penn State Univ. NCAA 32 8 14 22

2016-17 Penn State Univ. NCAA 39 8 22 30

Looks like a two way d-man with offense.

edit:
Left handed defenseman

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Interesting that he left early. Must like his chances at making it, the Rangers apparently see something as well.

Can never have too many signings like this.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Interesting that he left early. Must like his chances at making it, the Rangers apparently see something as well.

Can never have too many signings like this.

Yeah, the kid is ripped and seems to be pretty focused. I get a good feel about this kid, hopefully he can come in and make some noise. We certainly need it.

Though, just wish we could find more RHS types like this...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yeah, the kid is ripped and seems to be pretty focused. I get a good feel about this kid, hopefully he can come in and make some noise. We certainly need it.

Though, just wish we could find more RHS types like this...

Ripped as in very strong?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
woohoo. as in why he would leave early....hes 23. if u want an NHL career u gotta test urself before ur in ur mid 20s. his team also just won the conference championship for the 1st time and made it to the elite 8 of hockey so he might feel he accomplished as much as he needed to do in NCAA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Doesn't seem similar at all from what i can tell. You make it your business to sound negative about any prospect that's not from Russia?

There was a question mark for a reason. Doesn't seem like an NHL'er to me, just from my initial research. Hope I'm wrong.

What does nationality have anything to do with this? Did I claim the same aged Bereglazov was going to be a first pairing defenseman? This is such a bizarre claim. Its now become common for people to say this to me, even though it makes no sense. I'm American, but I hate this guy because he's American? :laugh: Reality is that the UDFA market, especially from the NCAA has very few NHL'ers that are anything better than dime a dozen players. I see people talk about these players as if their realistic projections are NHL players. Its just not the case. I myself was fooled by Gilmour. That Aston-Reese guy that everyone was making a big deal about likely won't score 40 points in any NHL season, and people talked about that guy as if he was the second coming. Remember the Vesey sweepstakes? Every Ranger fan should. On pace for lower than 30 points after many projected 40-50. Signing free players is never bad, and is necessary, but I don't get all the frenzy about these UDFA signings. Very rarely do you get a Kevin Hayes. This market almost always produces a lot of disappointments due to the NCAA basically being a junior league where these older players beat up on younger players, yet the media feels the need to hype these players up. Its necessary to sign these players, and I'm not saying otherwise, but excuse me if I'm not going to predict such grand things for a player like this. Sign an Adam Fox or Patrick Harper in a few years, and then I'll get excited.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The new Mat Bodie.

Mat Bodie was much smaller, in terms of weight, coming into the organization. Bodie just turned 24 when he signed, Pedrie just turned 23.

The results, a good AHL defender, is a likely outcome for both, but Bodie had much more difficult odds of making it based on being much thinner. This guy is 6' 200lb basically. That's more of an NHL build than 6' 175 (Currently what Bodie is at 27).

If he turns into a fringe NHL player, it's a good signing. If he becomes a 3rd pairing player, we found something out of thin air.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Even if he's just Bodie or Conor Allen for the next few years that's a good move for the organization.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Has Zipay confirmed?

f5 on the Rangers' Facebook page.

Even if he's just Bodie or Conor Allen for the next few years that's a good move for the organization.

Exactly, not all signings have to result in the player making an impact at the NHL level for them to be a good move. Organizational depth is important. It's important for the development of other prospects to be around good players in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad