Rumor: Rangers Sign Micheal Haley to PTO

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
When @Edge tries to be sarcastic and confuses the hell out of everyone....

tenor.gif

It's summer, I find little things to hold my interest.

Reactions: Joey Bones

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Eh, I don't mind it at all. Here's the organization's tough guy if need be. Lemiux being more of an agitator. And :crossfing he shouldn't even cost 1mil a year.

Haley played 11 playoff games for the Sharks last year. There are much worse options for the tough guy 12th spot if some of these divisional games start heating up as the Rangers and Devils get better.

And otherwise send him to the AHL if he turns out to be unnecessary.

Plus if we're gonna have an enforcer type might as well have one of the batshit crazy kinds.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Eh, I don't mind it at all. Here's the organization's tough guy if need be. Lemiux being more of an agitator. And :crossfing he shouldn't even cost 1mil a year.

Haley played 11 playoff games for the Sharks last year. There are much worse options for the tough guy 12th spot if some of these divisional games start heating up as the Rangers and Devils get better.

And otherwise send him to the AHL if he turns out to be unnecessary.

Plus if we're gonna have an enforcer type might as well have one of the bat**** crazy kinds.

Rangers had Trevor Gillies in Hartford years ago, maybe they can bring him back lmao

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Joking aside, this feels more like a potential Hartford, emergency call-up situation, if it even materializes into that.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I don't know Edge--Haley's 33 and been around for a while. He's got a pretty established resume that when he's up with an NHL team---he's a 12th/13th forward and not an every day guy..

I love how every non-NHL player is deemed a "12th/13th forward" - so funny.

Haley is NOT an NHL player, and this transaction has zero meaning.

Go outside and enjoy the day.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I love how every non-NHL player is deemed a "12th/13th forward" - so funny.

Haley is NOT an NHL player, and this transaction has zero meaning.

Go outside and enjoy the day.

I would beg to differ. If you were just to say he's a no talent bum that would be one thing but he has played well over 200 regular season NHL games. That's enough qualification to call him an NHL player though he may be a former NHL player if he never plays another one. If he were to make the Rangers or another NHL team this year though he will be continuing his NHL career--one that he has made more than $4 million career earnings at--which is considerably more than players accumulate in the AHL. So you're not the one who decides who is an NHL player and who isn't. The teams in the league do that. When you make such statements as above you're just showing off your bias.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I like Haley for Hartford. Don’t see him as anything more than a fill in with the big club, if that. He was a gamer for the Wolfpack in 2012-13, took some beatings before the arrival of Mashinter and McIlrath(knee). JD had Brett Gallant in Cleveland the past few years. This is more of the same and a non-issue for the Rangers.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad