Rumor: Rangers Sign Micheal Haley to PTO

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good, he can fight a bunch of other irrelevant guys in preseason and then be gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: RGY

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Throwback to the ca. 2013 revolving door of scrubs and goons. I vaguely remember not hating Haley.

gng2yuqnp4iz.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Also, thread title needs to be corrected to "Micheal" instead of Michael. Remember, he spells his name wrong.

It could in Haley's case be an Irish thing. I think it's commonly spelled that way there....keeping in mind that though English is spoken everywhere in Ireland--Irish (a variation of Gaelic) was there first. In the western parts of Ireland--the Gaeltacht--Irish though is commonly used by the people when they speak to each other anyway.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Newbury and Dorsett next please

Dorsett definitey is done. He retired mid season a couple years back because doctors told him he was risking paralysis if he continued to play.

I'll say this Quinn likes tough hockey and Haley goes the extra mile in that regard. So I think he has a chance of getting a contract. He may end up playing a lot in Hartford though.

Another thing to keep in mind is that sooner or later a player like Tom Wilson is going to come around to challenge Kakko--that might not necessarily mean a fight for Kakko but to see what it does and some Ranger might have to stick up for him and get his ass kicked. New players with elite talent coming into the league are targets.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Haley’s there to make sure the kakkos of the world aren’t run thru a wall repeatedly by some jobber on the flyers trying to make a name for himself during camp.

But Lemieux should take notice. Plenty of qualified guys in this camp including Lias Andersson that want a spot in the bottom 6. Lemieux can sit for as long as he wants will only hurt him in the long run. He’s not getting nylander money by sitting

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Haley’s there to make sure the kakkos of the world aren’t run thru a wall repeatedly by some jobber on the flyers trying to make a name for himself during camp.

But Lemieux should take notice. Plenty of qualified guys in this camp including Lias Andersson that want a spot in the bottom 6. Lemieux can sit for as long as he wants will only hurt him in the long run. He’s not getting nylander money by sitting

Gudas and Wilson play for the Caps. With Vingeault being with the Flyers, I think that type of game will be gone from the Flyers

Reactions: Kallio

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is a great move.

This guy's shown he can pop in the odd point in the OHL and the AHL, and if he can just keep progressing I think he has a shot to be evolve into a third liner for us down the line.

This is the replacement we need for Prust.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is a great move.

This guy's shown he can pop in the odd point in the OHL and the AHL, and if he can just keep progressing I think he has a shot to be evolve into a third liner for us down the line.

I don't know Edge--Haley's 33 and been around for a while. He's got a pretty established resume that when he's up with an NHL team---he's a 12th/13th forward and not an every day guy. He will fight anyone at anytime. He'll try to intimidate and he will target players if someone tries to back off and avoid him. He's that old school guy---kind of a little smaller version of Shawn Thornton.

Someone brought up Lemieux--because he's not signed it might pressure him into signing because Haley would take over his tough guy role.....and that might be it or the Rangers think they need more beef. I'd worry more Lemieux vs. Tom Wilson than Haley vs. Tom Wilson. Haley's a bit tougher. I could also see Quinn taking a shine to Haley anyway. I could also see it from giving a Kakko that little extra security. It's not like the Maple Leafs didn't do that kind of thing signing Matt Martin right after drafting Austen Matthews. The idea to discourage players targeting Matthews all the time.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't know Edge--Haley's 33 and been around for a while. He's got a pretty established resume that when he's up with an NHL team---he's a 12th/13th forward and not an every day guy. He will fight anyone at anytime. He'll try to intimidate and he will target players if someone tries to back off and avoid him. He's that old school guy---kind of a little smaller version of Shawn Thornton.

Someone brought up Lemieux--because he's not signed it might pressure him into signing because Haley would take over his tough guy role.....and that might be it or the Rangers think they need more beef. I'd worry less Lemieux vs. Tom Wilson than Haley vs. Tom Wilson. Haley's a bit tougher. I could also see Quinn taking a shine to Haley anyway. I could also see it from giving a Kakko that little extra security. It's not like the Maple Leafs didn't do that kind of thing signing Matt Martin right after drafting Austen Matthews. The idea to discourage players targeting Matthews all the time.

;)

I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Suppose Haley is a good acquisition in that the Rangers have absolutely NO ONE that can go toe to toe. With that said, the league is obviously NOT comprised of 4th line "tough guys", who's only talent is "protecting" teammates. The league has bypassed all of that (especially during the playoff season).
Pre- season is another animal. You never know who was hired as a "hitman" to hurt a talented player, giving them a small advantage if a player gets hurt within own division.
I don't think Haley has ever been the one "initiating" such shenanigans, but you never know. I am sure he would love to have a spot on roster, but those days are kind of gone if you dont have any "real talent".
Probably destined for Hartford, protecting some of our young talent that doesn't make the squad this season. Honestly, not a bad idea.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is a great move.

Hey @Edge ......is this a saved post from 2012? I mean, either you are being playfully sarcastic, OR you have been hitting that bottle a little bit too much. Call me crazy (many have, and they're not far off) but......I am a little confused here. Please help me out.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Hey @Edge ......is this a saved post from 2012? I mean, either you are being playfully sarcastic, OR you have been hitting that bottle a little bit too much. Call me crazy (many have, and they're not far off) but......I am a little confused here. Please help me out.

Haha, just having some fun with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3