Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Defenseman Conor Allen

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
Rangers signed him. Pretty meh about it. If they like him, I like him.

New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 2m
The #NYR have agreed to terms with free agent defenseman Conor Allen, who played this season at UMASS-Amherst

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/317745582158528512

NEW YORK, March 29, 2013 – New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that the club has agreed to terms with free agent defenseman Conor Allen.

Allen, 23, registered five goals and 14 assists for 19 points, along with 53 penalty minutes in 33 games with UMass-Amherst of Hockey East this season. He established career-highs in assists, points and penalty minutes. Allen led all team defensemen in assists and points, and tied for third among UMass-Amherst blueliners in goals. He also led the team in blocked shots (57), ranked third in assists, tied for fourth in points, and ranked second in penalty minutes.

The 6-1, 210-pounder has skated in 99 career collegiate contests over three seasons with UMass-Amherst, registering 14 goals and 25 assists for 39 points, along with 110 penalty minutes. Allen established career-highs in games played (35) and goals (seven) during the 2011-12 season. His seven goals tied for the team lead among defensemen that season.

Prior to joining UMass-Amherst, the Chicago, Illinois native skated in 48 games with the Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League (USHL) in 2009-10, tallying seven goals and eight assists for 15 points, along with 69 penalty minutes and a plus-nine rating. In 2008-09, Allen appeared in 46 games with the St. Louis Bandits of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), registering five goals and 10 assists for 15 points, along with 48 penalty minutes and a plus-23 rating.

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Shoots left. 19 points in 33 games this season, his junior year, for UMass-Amherst.

Straight to the Whale, or challenge Hammer for that spot?

And that takes us to 50 contracts, right?

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think it is still at 49

Allen's contract starts next year I think.

Going to AHL on a ATO this year

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think he might have some talent, but he led his team with 57 blocked shots this year. That's alarming. It means Torts probably gonna turn him into another shot-blocking gorilla.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
This is more a depth move for Hartford for next couple of years. Not sure when he will see the NHL tbh.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sean Collins, Logan Pyett and Mike Vernace are UFAs this year. Blake Parlett, Steven Delisle and Jyri Niemi are RFAs. In other words, this signing is about organizational depth more than anything else.

JayQueensNY88*

McIlrath is just an AHLer ,he will never see time here,that's how it looks atleast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad