Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign D Ryan Graves

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They must really liked what they've seen. His deadline would have been June 2015, I believe.

He took a very large step forward in his development this year. Playing some really good hockey. He earned his contract.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
According to one report Graves stood out at this year's development camp.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
According to one report Graves stood out at this year's development camp.

Development camp is not even ECHL level. I remember Blake Parlett dominating Traverse 5 years ago, then never came close to the NHL - and Traverse is far better than a development camp because only a few development camp guys get invited to Traverse.

Development < Traverse < AHL < Preseason < NHL

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Development camp is not even ECHL level. I remember Blake Parlett dominating Traverse 5 years ago, then never came close to the NHL - and Traverse is far better than a development camp because only a few development camp guys get invited to Traverse.

Development < Traverse < AHL < Preseason < NHL

thanks we all had no idea

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
IMO, Graves absolutely needs moire time, only because the hard training is doing wonders for him. Kid busts his ass, he's hungry, feisty, but I'm sure he's pretty humble and needs to grow some. Give him a bit, he's gonna be a pretty special D-man, with offensive flare that may always need work, but among the hardest slappers the NHL has seen. Blood n guts, here! Refining needed for sure.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
It doesn't mean nothing. It means we can check that box off. Yes, we expected it, but him standing out is better than the alternative.

yeah its better than hearing he stunk up camp cause THAT would mean something. but it still means nothing. given his age, experience and how crappy our system is if he wasn't a standout it would be a huge issue.

him being a top guy at development camp is as meaningful as your mom telling you that your handsome lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad