Friedman: Rangers shopping Antti Raanta

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
Why wouldn't Vegas take him?

This expansion is getting weirder and weirder.

2 reasons:

1. Like other goalies better (either for now or in the future) - Flower; Grubauer; Pickard; Subban

2. Like another Ranger player better (my guess is Jesper Fast is in Vegas by tomorrow night).

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I had him as the 3rd best goalie available and one of the best ones to trade to a contender. I did not see anything else on the Rangers that was that interesting.

Fluery
Grubauer
Raanta

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Just my opinion, but Vegas is probably looking at taking Grubauer + Fast/Lindberg/Grabner as opposed to Raanta + Schmidt/Connolly. I think they'll take one or two of Ullmark, Korpisalo and Altshuller as well due to their waiver exemption.

Assuming this isn't expansion related, IMO Rangers should REALLY be holding onto Raanta. With Lundqvist's age comes more inconsistency and injury risk. They're gonna need a guy like Raanta to be a Plan B.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Just my opinion, but Vegas is probably looking at taking Grubauer + Fast/Lindberg/Grabner as opposed to Raanta + Schmidt/Connolly. I think they'll take one or two of Ullmark, Korpisalo and Altshuller as well due to their waiver exemption.

Assuming this isn't expansion related, IMO Rangers should REALLY be holding onto Raanta. With Lundqvist's age comes more inconsistency and injury risk. They're gonna need a guy like Raanta to be a Plan B.

Shestyorkin is the heir apparent.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lou needs to be in on this, because we need a backup and with Darling now a starter in Carolina Raanta is the best backup in the NHL.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Lou needs to be in on this, because we need a backup and with Darling now a starter in Carolina Raanta is the best backup in the NHL.
Depends on the price. I'd gladly send Marincin and Sparks. I'd hate to send a 2nd rounder or decent prospect. We're talking about trading for one season of a backup goalie here. Regardless of how good he is, that's the contract and position we're burning assets on here. Let a contender pay that price instead while we keep our youth.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Depends on the price. I'd gladly send Marincin and Sparks. I'd hate to send a 2nd rounder or decent prospect. We're talking about trading for one season of a backup goalie here. Regardless of how good he is, that's the contract and position we're burning assets on here. Let a contender pay that price instead while we keep our youth.

Unless Lou has pictures of the NYR GM he doesn't want leaked he won't get him for Marincin and Sparks

that is insulting

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Why is nyr shopping a Vegas player lol

Vegas should take Fast.

My dont want to lose list as a NYR fan:
1.Fast
2.Grabner
3.Lindberg
4.Raanta

Raanta is easier to replace. Our goalie coach has proven that he can find and make a good backup out of pretty much any goalie in the NHL

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fast just had labrum surgery in his hip two weeks ago. Lindberg had the same surgery and it took him a while to recover, which is why I'd see Vegas opting for Lindberg over Fast. Centers are more valuable too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad