Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: The LOL Edition

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
God I love watching the reactions when something like this happens. Do we have that panic chart but updated to call Nash an "underachiever" or McIlrath a bust?
It's too late for the panic chart. Sean Avery has already been requested. Not sure who's fishing his skates out of the Hudson though

shon

Mar 21, 2007
our greatest concern.is the health of Nash. without him, we are a lottery team.

im concerned about the camp and preseason this team has had under AV. not a very good showing for our new coach.

hopefully people finally can see how brutal mdz is regardless of the system he's in. Also how overrated Girardi is.

If he only plays 19 minutes this game how can he be rated . When he was playing 25- 30 minutes a game and blocking shots we were winning

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
God I love watching the reactions when something like this happens. Do we have that panic chart but updated to call Nash an "underachiever" or McIlrath a bust?

Explain to me how Nash isn't an underachiever. He's a former #1 pick who is being paid like a franchise player yet looked like a deer in headlights in the playoffs last year. So far this year he's yet to score a goal, has taken several lazy hooking penalties and now is concussed. After further review, the penalties were in the preseason but the point remains. Not the start I was looking for after his putrid playoff performance.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Explain to me how Nash isn't an underachiever. He's a former #1 pick who is being paid like a franchise player yet looked like a deer in headlights in the playoffs last year. So far this year he's yet to score a goal, has taken several lazy hooking penalties and now is concussed. After further review, the penalties were in the preseason but the point remains. Not the start I was looking for after his putrid playoff performance.

Because, #'s wise, hes been everything you could hope for from a #1 pick.

Your complaints are childish and petty. All of them have to do with about 15 games as a Ranger and a career playing on one of the worst managed teams in professional sports.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Also TSN on hotdogging:

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=main/latest/1/0/1020727/clip/300#main/latest

The panel weighs in on Hertl. I didn't even realize TM benched him the rest of the third after that goal. So everyone complaining the Rangers didn't beat Hertl in to a pile of baby food after that goal, he never saw the ice after the goal.

I also agree with everything the TSN panel said.

I also agree with what the TSN panel said on this.

The NHL needs more offensive creativity and skill in hockey these days.

The San Jose coach may have pulled him because it was a 9-2 game and didn't want to risk injury to a key offensive player, to prevent a Ranger player from taking a cheap shot at him (not saying one of them would have; MacLellan probably didn't want to take any chances or take the risk). The Rangers should be embarrassed they played that badly.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The examples the TSN panel spoke about/showed were not compelling. Malik's was in a shootout. Nash and Datsyuk's were the best opportunities for those two players to get a shot off. Nash because of body positioning relative to the bounce off the boards and Datsyuk because he was getting stick checked.

Far more importantly none were used when their teams were leading by 6 goals in the 3rd. Pull that move to avoid a check, on a penalty shot, hell in that exact same semi-breakaway scenario - just not when the score is 8-2. That may be an unfair standard to some but it's where I would draw the line. Look I'm in the minority here I get it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Are you saying #1 picks shouldn't get concussions?

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
honestly in my opinion, I don't like the Nash trade. He is an extremely lazy player. He is paid like a top ten player and your lucky if he is even visible most nights. Not a difference maker, cant see him carrying this offense like a Jagr or Gabby.

And you cant argue that he elevates his game for the playoffs.

Sorry to go off topic but im not sold on him (and this isn't because we just got blown out or he got hurt )

I'm just disgusted with this rangers organization. It the same problems no matter the personnel or the coach. I don't know if its the GM but it is the same problem all the time

Cant score Power play goals. No one sticks up for team mates. The list goes on.

Everyone likes to have their hockey team built a certain way and the way the rangers have been constructed is just terrible.

I'm really fed up with no one standing up for guys on this team .... you saw it the year we went to the eastern conference finals that team played like they were all brothers and to me that is huge

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
At least the ducks are terrible.

And then the Blues on Saturday. Meh, 3-0, 3 wins isn't that much. :laugh:

I mean, they did just beat the Blackhawks, but it took them until 19:39 of the 3rd period.

Can't wait to hear how overrated Nash is when we miss the playoffs because he missed significant time. :: weeps ::

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I didn't like the Nash trade when it happened.

I feel like when people say Nash can't carry the offense they didn't even watch last season. Stepan and Nash WERE our offense...

NYR2007

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
I didn't like the Nash trade when it happened.

I feel like when people say Nash can't carry the offense they didn't even watch last season. Stepan and Nash WERE our offense...

I watched the playoffs. At the end of the day that is what matters. The guy just doesn't look to me as a winner. The games get tighter and their is less space and he struggled big time.

I understand he will get his 35 goals and X amount of assists in the regular season . Big deal

Don't wanna come off like im arguing with you, just to me he is very over rated

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The problem is, without Nash's 35 goals and x* amount of assists, (and Hank) there were no playoffs for this team

*obviously not his #'s last year

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
I watched the playoffs. At the end of the day that is what matters. The guy just doesn't look to me as a winner. The games get tighter and their is less space and he struggled big time.

I understand he will get his 35 goals and X amount of assists in the regular season . Big deal

You of course realize prior to last season his playoff "Experience" consisted of exactly one series while with the Blue Jackets?

Four game sweep by the Red Wings.Four games.Hardly a vast depth of playoff experience to draw on don't you think?

What'd you think, the guy was Glenn Anderson?

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Yes the playoffs are "the big show", but you have to get there first. I just think he deserves at least 1, probably 2, more chances in the postseason.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
honestly in my opinion, I don't like the Nash trade. He is an extremely lazy player. He is paid like a top ten player and your lucky if he is even visible most nights. Not a difference maker, cant see him carrying this offense like a Jagr or Gabby.

And you cant argue that he elevates his game for the playoffs.

Sorry to go off topic but im not sold on him (and this isn't because we just got blown out or he got hurt )

I'm just disgusted with this rangers organization. It the same problems no matter the personnel or the coach. I don't know if its the GM but it is the same problem all the time

Cant score Power play goals. No one sticks up for team mates. The list goes on.

Everyone likes to have their hockey team built a certain way and the way the rangers have been constructed is just terrible.

I'm really fed up with no one standing up for guys on this team .... you saw it the year we went to the eastern conference finals that team played like they were all brothers and to me that is huge

Gaborik can carry an offense but Nash can't? :amazed: . Give it one more playoff run before we start "He's a playoff choker mehmeh".

Cake or Death

The more I think about it, the more I'm pissed the team didn't do **** to stand up for nash And didnt do **** wheb Hertl scored that goal on us. Yes it was sick, absolutely ridiculous goal, but we shouldve l punished him for it. How does that go unpunished. Was hoping any minute, or any goal rather, the team would wake up abd get nasty...nope. ..soft

Probably cuz none of our guys could get close enough to him to actually hit him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad