Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: The LOL Edition

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The Dallas game always comes to mind for me because it was evident that the players had quit on Renney and he was fired a few games after that. Shameful performance and one of the worst losses I've seen post-lockout.

The Rangers also got drubbed pretty badly in 2009 against the Sharks and Pens and gave up 8 goals each. Lousy effort by the team in both losses, but Valiquette also started both games and he was no longer an NHL-caliber goaltender at that point.

HockeyStickHomicide

Registered Abuser
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Harry-Potter1.gif

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
YOUNGEST TO SCORE 4 GOALS IN A GAME

1. Jack Hamilton, TOR (18 years, 185 days): Dec. 4, 1943 vs. NYR
2. Bobby Carpenter, WSH (18 years, 227 days): Feb. 25, 1982 vs. STL
3. Jimmy Carson, LA (19 years, 254 days): March 30, 1988 vs. CGY
4. Tomas Hertl, SJ (19 years, 330 days): Oct. 8, 2013 vs. NYR

:laugh: :shakehead

I don't recall Jack Hamilton doing it.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The Rangers gave up 10 goals to Dallas in 2009.

How does no one remember that?

Also lost 9-2 to a mediocre Leafs team. Probably a worse game than last night. The score was 8-2 going into the third. I thankfully didn't watch the Dallas game.

I don't remember either of those games. The last beating I remember vivdly after Jagr's first game was when Gaborik scored 5 againt us when he was still in Minny.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
YOUNGEST TO SCORE 4 GOALS IN A GAME

1. Jack Hamilton, TOR (18 years, 185 days): Dec. 4, 1943 vs. NYR
2. Bobby Carpenter, WSH (18 years, 227 days): Feb. 25, 1982 vs. STL
3. Jimmy Carson, LA (19 years, 254 days): March 30, 1988 vs. CGY
4. Tomas Hertl, SJ (19 years, 330 days): Oct. 8, 2013 vs. NYR

:laugh: :shakehead

Ha. Why am I not surprised :shakehead

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't remember either of those games. The last beating I remember vivdly after Jagr's first game was when Gaborik scored 5 againt us when he was still in Minny.

It felt like a really bad beating but the score was like 6-3. It just felt worse because that was embarrassing to let Gabby score 5 goals.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
if they really want to cut down on the ****ing headshots they'd give Stuart 5 games, not ****ing one. Hit him in the head, and he's very likely concussed, should be 5 god damn games. Shanny is a ****ing joke.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
The Rangers gave up 10 goals to Dallas in 2009.

How does no one remember that?

The Dallas game always comes to mind for me because it was evident that the players had quit on Renney and he was fired a few games after that. Shameful performance and one of the worst losses I've seen post-lockout.

The Rangers also got drubbed pretty badly in 2009 against the Sharks and Pens and gave up 8 goals each. Lousy effort by the team in both losses, but Valiquette also started both games and he was no longer an NHL-caliber goaltender at that point.

The Dallas game was so overblown at the time. Half the team had the flu (including Valliquette), and they wanted to make it through that game without putting Lundqvist in.

Drewbackatu*

What a pleasure watching a 19 year old clown us for four goals while our top prospects like Kreider and McIlbust are down in the AHL looking mediocre. Feeling pretty bad about the future of this organization right now.

Yep, hockey is definitely different here especially in the areas of drafting and developing of players.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
It really sucks we don't have homegrown talent such as Callahan, Stepan, Hagelin, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh (hes been better than anyone thought when we got him), and oh yeah.. that franchise goalie.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
if they really want to cut down on the ****ing headshots they'd give Stuart 5 games, not ****ing one. Hit him in the head, and he's very likely concussed, should be 5 god damn games. Shanny is a ****ing joke.

Injured a Rangers player, $5000.00 fine and a stern talking to.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

If Girardi laid the same exact hit on Thornton, would you be OK with a 5 game suspension?

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
It really sucks we don't have homegrown talent such as Callahan, Stepan, Hagelin, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh (hes been better than anyone thought when we got him), and oh yeah.. that franchise goalie.

Enough to fill about 30% of a roster. We've made it!

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Not a dynamic offensive talent among them. That's why we have to sign high priced free agents or trade for underachievers like Nash. You win in this league by scoring goals. Something this franchise has been bad at for years.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Enough to fill about 30% of a roster. We've made it!

This isn't a video game or hockey sim. Its some kind of myth that successful teams have an entire roster of home grown guys who perfectly devloup year to year.

Without going through any roster, I'd wager that we a have club with some of the most "home grown" regular players as anyone else in the league

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Gotta love Stuart for taking a penalty on his first shift of the season. Carcillo wasn't even that good.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not a dynamic offensive talent among them. That's why we have to sign high priced free agents or trade for underachievers like Nash. You win in this league by scoring goals. Something this franchise has been bad at for years.

That underachiever led the team in scoring last year and is tied for #1 this year (though obviously small sample size). No he didn't have a great playoffs but neither did most of the team.

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
God I love watching the reactions when something like this happens. Do we have that panic chart but updated to call Nash an "underachiever" or McIlrath a bust?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
God I love watching the reactions when something like this happens. Do we have that panic chart but updated to call Nash an "underachiever" or McIlrath a bust?

I think some body called McIlrath a bust in the Hank is bad thread :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad