Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: The LOL Edition

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
The world in which there's absolutely no need for that move in an 8-2 drubbing.
It's a move you usually only see in practice, because it's not easy and not usually effective. Better to have someone try that sort of thing than to pull off high-percentage plays which rack up the score even more.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
No need to argue about it. The hockey gods will enact some retribution on the young prospect for being not mature enough to stop himself. He got a bit carried away with what the Rangers afforded him, and forgot good manners.
Lots of kids would not have done what Hertl did.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Gaborik can carry an offense but Nash can't? :amazed: . Give it one more playoff run before we start "He's a playoff choker mehmeh".

Throughout their careers Gaborik has been at least just as good of a goal scorer as Nash (Gaborik has reached the 40 goal mark twice, Nash once).

Every season from '05-'06 to '09-'10 Gaborik was a PPG though, granted, he missed a lot of games in those middle seasons. Prior to the trade Gaborik had one down season with the Rangers and two seasons worth of PPG play (I know one season he was off the PPG mark by six points, but let's not nitpick besides he was still a 40 G guy that year).

You can argue that Gaborik isn't good enough to carry an offense currently (although there's not enough games in to fully judge yet) but historically and statistically they're roughly equal players with similar production. Only real difference is Gaborik is two years older.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
He deserved a beating for being good at scoring a goal in hockey where the point is to score goals? It's not like he talked **** or did some showboating celebration. He made a sick move and the puck went in the net. Get over it.

agreed. we're still upset about this? Dear god let it go

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Idk search Sean Avery and you'll find something

You don't know? your're the one who posted it. There was people including myself who were talking about a Prust or Avery type high energy player..but I didn't see any ask Avery out of retirement.

Are you exaggerating or did someone asked Avery to "find his skates again?

Last edited:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Look, he isn't going to make up something like that.

I saw it too. Clowns calling for Avery saying the game would've never been that out of hand if he was on the team.

Its amazing, didn't know Sean Avery was good enough to prevent so many goals from going in. Magic.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Look, he isn't going to make up something like that.

I saw it too. Clowns calling for Avery saying the game would've never been that out of hand if he was on the team.

Its amazing, didn't know Sean Avery was good enough to prevent so many goals from going in. Magic.

Relax pal..I never said he did. I just want to see what was said. I know you are getting involved to get your opinion out but I want to read what was posted. Thats fair.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Relax pal..I never said he did. I just want to see what was said. I know you are getting involved to get your opinion out but I want to read what was posted. Thats fair.

It was somewhere in the GDT. I think it was only one person who said it so its kind of hard to find. I didn't even respond to it because I couldn't figure out what to say in response to the sillyness.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

Games like this just show how much this team needs Sean Avery. He would have done something to turn the momentum back in our favor and fire the team up so this didn't get out of hand.

The quote in question.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I'm not one who wants Avery back on the team, but I always defended him for the absurd backlash he got a nothing sloppy seconds comment.

Larry Brooks â€Â@NYP_Brooksie 23m Sean Avery would have been sentenced to life without parole if he'd said what Thornton did.

So true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad