Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks: "Light Schedule" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
can someone photoshop the stuff in the gray out of there and just leave in california sweepers?

attachment.php

FLNYR

Wide Angle Watcher
May 14, 2013
Rangers need to fix their faceoff game. It could've cost them this game. As good as they are now, they could be sooooo much better if they had a good faceoff game. Heck, even if they had an average faceoff game they'd be a ton better.

It's as if they are doing something wrong fundamentally, I cant figure it out though

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys and girls, if your YouTube videos have any profanity in them, you have to link to them, rather than embed. Thanks.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The rangers are now the second team IN LEAGUE HISTORY to sweep west canada and california. Ever. Take that in for a second. Who wants to start that thread on the main board and piss some more people off?

Who was the first? And when? The thing, iirc, is up to a couple years ago, I don't believe every eastern team got a chance to play on the road out west the way we do now. If my memory serves correct, every team played a western team at least once, but it could've been at home or on the road, and sometimes you'd only play a western team once a year and at home.

One thing to note is they were all regulation victories iirc, not even OT/SO victories. It's really impressive by them, I'm curious when the next time someone will do that is.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Anyway Henrik was outstanding. He deserved a shutout.

...and Zuccarello deserved a goal. We've gone through this physics/logic thing with the NHL before though. I figured we weren't going to get this one.

Big games by Nash and Kreider--all the defensemen were good including John Moore who has had three straight strong games in California.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Klein is once again one of my 3 stars. The guys is playing some unreal and maybe underapreciated hockey right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Best part is the guy on here who said by the end of this season, Lundqvist will be DEAD LAST in GAA and SV% in the league. :laugh:

Even I wouldn't go that far. As much as I push Hank, and I admit I'm too tough on him, I know he'll find it.

BarbaraAlphanse

So much to say but I'll leave it at this:

I'm one of John Moore's biggest critics, and he silently had a great game.

If he can play like this the rest of the way, the Rangers can afford to make their big acquisition a face-off winning 3rd liner - like Vermette.

If he can't, they'll have to make due w/ offense and focus on Sekera.

Great game tonight. Hope Moore really takes advantage of this situation. I'd guess not many professional players get the assistant coach to spend a lot of 1 on 1 time w/ them trying to teach them. He has the skills, he needs to learn intelligence on the ice.

Aside from that. Not the Rangers best game on this trip... but they got the job done. A huge reason that they're so tough to beat is that they can beat you in so many different ways. Their offense could bury you. Their defense could frustrate you. Or Henrik could steal the show by himself. Tonight it was Henrik. Bravo.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's true it wasn't our best, but when you play not that great and still beat the Sharks in the tank...that's a little scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad