Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zibby was awesome? I didn't even notice him outside of that little segment where they mentioned him

The 4th line was our best line which is why we lost

MacArthur killed our momentum with some stupid penalties

Oh God. Zibanejad basically started and made our first goal. He took puck from our own blueline, blew by 2 of their defenders, fed it to Michalek who couldn't pass it back, then Zibanejad gained possession and gave chance for Michalek and Conacher to pressure the puck which lead to the goal.

Zibanejad also had great looks on net. He also made several great passes.

[NHL]2013020723-688-h[/NHL]

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No one should want Kassian playing more than 5

How many games did Neil miss? And what was the record when he was out?
Neil playing too much is certainly part of the problem for this team. His ice time needs to be reduced to Kassian like minutes

I don't know, 6? Whoop de doo. Let's never play him again because we played well when he wasn't here. By your logic Pageau should be playing over Spezza because we played better without Spezz in the lineup. Sometimes teams pick up the slack when they are missing a key player. Remeber the year we went to the finals? We were without Spezza, Vermette and Fisher for a while and we played well without them. When they came back they were in the lineup, but I guess you know everything don't you? If we play well for 6 games without Chris Neil he should lose his spot to Matt Kassian. I'm glad you're not a coach.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
One question. Are scratched players allowed in a dressing room before games or in intermissions ?
We cant win, if Kaptain is scratched. But he is not game braking player. So i have a feeling he is kind of clown in dressing room. Make guys loose, maybe he give some inspirational speech or something, talk some dirty jokes etc.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
One question. Are scratched players allowed in a dressing room before games or in intermissions ?
We cant win, if Kaptain is scratched. But he is not game braking player. So i have a feeling he is kind of clown in dressing room. Make guys loose, maybe he give some inspirational speech or something, talk some dirty jokes etc.

Im pretty sure they are in the room before games since they go out and warm up with the team. Don't think they would be down during intermissions though but they are there after the games too.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
That's the thing, the problem is never the players but the way they're used. Seems a few people missed the sarcasm in my remarks about Phillips (I was very frustrated about the game, and I'm sorry if it looked like I was trolling), but basically it's hard to root for him when he's getting too much ice time and he's making mistake after mistake, or more generally when he's killing momentum. I LOVE Neil but it's hard to root for him when in his absence we can successfully roll 3-4 great lines, and when in his return he gets too much ice time and he takes Condra out of his comfort zone by moving him to LW.

Oh and did you see Stone and Spezza take a shift on the PK? I love Spezza, but how can I be happy to see him play the PK again? Did the coach learn anything? And was that about putting Ziba on the wing again with Spezza? How did that work out? Why did Ziba get so little ice time? If our problem was lack of speed, why did Conacher play so little? What did he do wrong?

A lot of the coach's decision seem rooted in Neanderthal notions such as "veteran leadership", "experience", "good in the locker room", "intangibles", etc. Ceci has shown more poise in 10 games than Phillips has all season. He's half his age! I never cringe when Gryba has the puck, but I always do when it's Phillips.

The coach is making me not root for my favorite players. Not cool.

It seems to me this team is winning despite the coaching staff. We do well when the right people get injured (again, not because they're not good, but because they're not used right). I don't want to root for our players to be injured. Again, not cool.

Excellent post :handclap:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Oh God. Zibanejad basically started and made our first goal. He took puck from our own blueline, blew by 2 of their defenders, fed it to Michalek who couldn't pass it back, then Zibanejad gained possession and gave chance for Michalek and Conacher to pressure the puck which lead to the goal.

And then we stopped playing them. Zibby and Conacher had 3 minutes each of ice time in the first. Coach says we didn't play with speed ?????? Back to the vets :shakehead

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

U are stretching it with zibby being the reason we scored...

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It is ****ing ridiculous what people cry about.... phillips had a lot of icetime cause we took so many stupid penalties he played more than 3 mind of short handed time.... Cry me a river if u have a problem with that

Spezza played 15 while zibby player 12 mins. There isn't much difference we tried to roll all lines but this team wasn't going to win if we played zibby 25 mins. He wasn't that good yesterday

Zibby line Got almost as much pp time as our best offensive players too

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
It is ****ing ridiculous what people cry about.... phillips had a lot of icetime cause we took so many stupid penalties he played more than 3 mind of short handed time.... Cry me a river if u have a problem with that

Spezza played 15 while zibby player 12 mins. There isn't much difference we tried to roll all lines but this team wasn't going to win if we played zibby 25 mins. He wasn't that good yesterday

Zibby line Got almost as much pp time as our best offensive players too

Who's crying ? A bit of an exaggeration maybe ? Spezza needs to be on the PP as much as possible. If the problem is playing with speed why would our quickest line play so little ? That's not crying that is called asking why ? Do you expect everyone to just take what happens and say OK ? This is what a forum is for to question and challenge doesn't mean we are correct but it is what people do in sports, question decisions that are made. "Cry me a river if you have a problem with that".

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I blame Phillips and Karlsson for this one. 3 ugly turnover and that was it:shakehead

Hard to blame Phillips for the worst turnover in years, specially when EK had possession with 12 seconds left in the period.

Down 2 going into the third with the team generally lacking any jump, not likely to win.

When Phillips did his mini-imitation of EK, there was only 3:10 left in the game and made no difference whatsoever in terms of the final result.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Hard to blame Phillips for the worst turnover in years, specially when EK had possession with 12 seconds left in the period.
Yeah about that. Most likely that reverse pass was called by Anderson - watch him point at the forechecking forward and yelling something. Then watch Karlsson's reaction after the goal.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

ugh 30 sec ad for 13 sec clip.

peter67

Oct 16, 2012
Nepean
Was at the game yesterday and it was boring. Some things I noticed.

- refs wanted to give NYR PPs to help them get back in the game. It seemed that way. But they weren't too bad. There was an obvious hold of Spezza's stick in the 2nd period. Spezza pulled it up and everyone could see how many gloves were holding it. No call. How often does he have to put up with this?

- MacArthur bad tripping call.

- Michalik and ZBad were the last off the ice for pregame warmup. They seemed pretty good.

- Karlsson's blind pass killed us in the 2nd period.

- We sucked despite scoring first. NYR had several posts, cross-bars. The score could have been a lot worse.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Yeah about that. Most likely that reverse pass was called by Anderson - watch him point at the forechecking forward and yelling something. Then watch Karlsson's reaction after the goal.

I doubt Andy yelled for him to make a blind back pass to Stepan, then not get ready for the shot that was obviously was going to follow.

It was a bad play by Karlsson, regardless of any scenario one wants to make up to make it look better for EK.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Ugh this game almost brings back bad memories of game 6 vs the rangers. Go up early 1-0 on them, get outplayed but hang on to get a PP to get a chance to make it 2-0, take a stupid penalty in the offensive zone which snowballs into more penalty troubles, Richards scoring a 5 on 3 goal and then a late goal in the 2nd off a horrible turnover to put us down 3-1.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Ugh this game almost brings back bad memories of game 6 vs the rangers. Go up early 1-0 on them, get outplayed but hang on to get a PP to get a chance to make it 2-0, take a stupid penalty in the offensive zone which snowballs into more penalty troubles, Richards scoring a 5 on 3 goal and then a late goal in the 2nd off a horrible turnover to put us down 3-1.

Probably the most boring game i have been to in a few years, brings my attendance record up to a staggering 1-8-2 for this season....don't think i will be attending anymore games in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad