Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zibanejad's icetime....12:21:help:

Embarrassing...

inexcusable:shakehead

i want answers

if he says "best players play" one more time, i'm going to lose it

edit: also, conacher toi...9:11. and what does maclean say was the problem when asked right after the game? speed:help:

Agreed. Zibanejad was amazing today. He had great rushes, great shots. He made excellent forechecking plays. He started the Methot goal with excellent speed and forecheck then he set Methot again for almost second of the night.

12 minutes is laughable. Seeing as how Spezza was terrible today and Turris was no where near effective, an off-game for him.

What was even funnier was when MacLean threw Zibanejad on wing with Spezza and Michalek. LOOOL.

If he really wanted to mix things up, he would have put MacArthur with Zibanejad and Conacher or Ryan or Condra. Best players play.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Worst game I've seen live in quite some time. The Sens just couldn't get anything going, their transition game was non-existent, and even when they did gain entry the puck carrier had little support and few options aside from taking a perimeter shot with no players crashing the slot for a rebound.

With all the juicey rebounds tonight, the Sens could have had a couple easy ones if someone was crashing towards the net.

At least defensively they were ok, but the turnovers ended up costing them big time.

Oh well, just one of those games. Hopefully they right the ship on Tuesday. Still to early to be throwing in the towel.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
TKWCc.gif

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
the whole team completely crapped the bed on this one! Reminds me of some of those early season afternoon games where they just mailed it in, while they were dreaming of being at Bert's Bar down south soaking up the sun, drinking some beers and eating some wings!!

I only heard snippets of the game on 1200, so I can't form a solid opinion. But I can't help but think that once all of our our injured veteran minute eaters returned, our youth got relegated back into their roles. Is it coincidence this big run that ended tonight started when the core of leaders went down? Tuesday night will prove very interesting.

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Maclean go at this point. Yes he's a jack Adams winner, and I respect the fact that he is a good coach...but one has to wonder if he's a bit too old school for this new league. This nonsense that being a vet automatically grants you immunity to sitting has to stop. Any other coach in the league, and Phillips sees a fraction of the ice time he sees now.

I also can't help but notice that for two years now, whenever our veteran "leadership" are out hurt.....we win. It's getting to the point where it's more than a coincidence in my opinion.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I honestly wouldn't be upset to see Maclean go at this point. Yes he's a jack Adams winner, and I respect the fact that he is a good coach...but one has to wonder if he's a bit too old school for this new league. This nonsense that being a vet automatically grants you immunity to sitting has to stop. Any other coach in the league, and Phillips sees a fraction of the ice time he sees now.

I also can't help but notice that for two years now, whenever our veteran "leadership" are out hurt.....we win. It's getting to the point where it's more than a coincidence in my opinion.

Completely disagree. Let's not get overboard here. I think Phillips seniority would still be in place over 20+ NHL teams. He has played 1100 games and it's almost clockwork that a guy with that reputation and longtivity will play as much as he has. Though it makes no sense and MacLean is probably still playing him 3 mins over what he is supposed to.

MacLean is actually perfect for new NHL. He is puck possession and speed guy which is what NHL is all about for success.

We played horrible offensively but defensively we were fine except for one huge turnover by Phillips and miscommunication by Anderson/Karlsson.

One loss in past 10 in regulation or something.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We're nearing the 50 game mark and some things haven't changed.

Phillips still sucks, Anderson is still very inconsistent.

Put Lehner in net, and play Wiercioch instead of Phillips (will never happen, obviously). The team becomes so much better.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
I only heard snippets of the game on 1200, so I can't form a solid opinion. But I can't help but think that once all of our our injured veteran minute eaters returned, our youth got relegated back into their roles. Is it coincidence this big run that ended tonight started when the core of leaders went down? Tuesday night will prove very interesting.

everyone was bad today. Our best line of mac turris ryan was horrible.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
So according to the post game, Cowen called for the puck, hence the Karlsson pass.

That's why Cowen was benched for most of the third.

So it wasn't EK's or Anderson's fault.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That other team showed up again, what happened to the good team we were just getting used to watching?

Agree. A top 4 D would make all the difference on this team. Imagine:

Karlsson - Methot
GOOD D - Ceci
Cowen - Wier/Gryba

What a difference that would be.

Murray, do it. D**n it, do it.
We have another top 4 D but the coach won't play him over the veteran leader Phillips which is unfortunate. I think our defence would be a lot better without Phillips & Corvo in the lineup but management seems to think this team needs their veterans & leadership on the ice. Wiercioch & Ceci looked really good together in one game.

the Karlsson give away was even worst.. giving the puck away with 5 seconds left and Stepan made it 3 to 1 was the turning point.. not the Phillips give away!
Agreed. Karlsson has been terrible defensively this yr, don't know what is wrong with him, way too casual all the time, no energy except for the occasional bursts. His offensive production seems to insulate him from any critizism, Anderson also played another crappy game.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
So according to the post game, Cowen called for the puck, hence the Karlsson pass.

That's why Cowen was benched for most of the third.

So it wasn't EK's or Anderson's fault.

They didn't say that Cowen called for the puck, they asked if he might have called for it because Karlsson seemed to react as though some one had.

But it seems it wasn't Cowen, but Anderson according to some here who watched the replay.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Re-watch the play. Anderson told him to reverse. Karlsson say 2 over his shoulder. The two forwards backed away and Anderson didn't even ****ing set himself even though he was telling Karlsson what to do.

That's why Karlsson had the "wtf" look on his face.

Hardly Karlsson's fault.

Btw, get the **** out.

He should have reversed it up the wall then not chipped it off the boards to have it bounce out front. Sorry bad play by Karlsson.

WhiteLight*

Ryan was absolutely horrible today. Lazy and stupid play. MacArthur probably played his worst game as a Sen

The lack of Zibby line is disturbing

WhiteLight*

He should have reversed it up the wall then not chipped it off the boards to have it bounce out front. Sorry bad play by Karlsson.

Yes but Anderson told him to do it. Karlsson doesn't have eyes on the back of his head.

Karlsson was actually decent today and one of the few players who actually skated in the 2nd half of the game

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Would this game have been any different if the sens did not give the rangers a 5 on 3 powerplay?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed. I don't think it's fair to simply blame it on the "afternoon-Ottawa curse" but man did we play like effortless slugs today :(

Fair enough, (I think our lifetime record in afternoon games is actually decent) but I always find afternoon games lack a bit of life, not just our team, but in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad