Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators - January 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
@markpherrmann: Did not having practice yesterday hurt? Lundqvist: `You have to ask the guys. I take care of my own preparation.'

That's a pretty benign quote, no? From Henrik's perspective, having a practice the day before is not the same as the rest of the team having a practice the day before.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd pull every favor I could to get 20 secs with either Sather or Gorton and I'd probably get dragged out my security for yelling in their face lol

And they'd laugh at your and move on with their day. They have had a helping hand in turning this franchise from a running joke into a top team year-in, year-out.

Granted, Sather had quite the hand in the Rangers franchise being a joke in the first place...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I noticed earlier that AV used his 4th line to chase a (2-0) lead late in 3rd period - and u can`t do that.. Because they are not productive, nor is our 3rd line unfortunately.
And our top lanes have issues as well recently to produce good quality chances.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
So? It was McDonagh's fault. Girardi had a good game.

You know, instead of saying "he had a good game", you should try saying " he had a good game BECAUSE A, B, C, etc"...

Otherwise it's just your own hot air stating an opinion with no actual basis.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I noticed earlier that AV used his 4th line to chase a (2-0) lead late in 3rd period - and u can`t do that.. Because they are not productive, nor is our 3rd line unfortunately.

Yeah, 4th line was out there with 5 mins left down 2 goals. I get it's the first end of a back to back and all that but that's just ridiculous.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

You can't shorten your bench every single night you're down - that's a fantastic way to wear out this team over the course of the season, especially tonight when they have to jump on a plane and play again tomorrow.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Are they done with the coach?

Coupling a response like this with Hanks vocal jabs at the coaching staff leads me to believe that these guys have given up on AV...

Seriously, fire this guy and start trading away the big contacts

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The Rangers have another game tomorrow night. It's their third game in 4 nights. AV can't play 9 forwards today and expect to have the players ready for Buffalo.

A good point; maybe AV thought we will never get a point in this game - so I will rest some players for next game. :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Are they done with the coach?

Coupling a response like this with Hanks vocal jabs at the coaching staff leads me to believe that these guys have given up on AV...

Seriously, fire this guy and start trading away the big contacts
Was Hank's comment a jab at coaching? I'd say it was more so a jab at his teammates not preparing as effectively as they can.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
You can't shorten your bench every single night you're down - that's a fantastic way to wear out this team over the course of the season, especially tonight when they have to jump on a plane and play again tomorrow.

There has to be a middle ground between wearing the team out and playing the 4th line when down 2 goals late in a game.

I think they could handle going down to 9 forwards for the last 5-6 minutes.

Plus this team needs all of the points they can get. The god damn Devils are 2 points behind us.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How about this lineup for tomorrow?

Miller-Brass-Zucc
Kreids-Step-Nash
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Paille

McD-G
Yandle-Klein
Staal-McI

Hank in net.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
There has to be a middle ground between wearing the team out and playing the 4th line when down 2 goals late in a game.

I think they could handle going down to 9 forwards for the last 5-6 minutes.

Plus this team needs all of the points they can get. The god damn Devils are 2 points behind us.

Agreed, it just seems like AV is so concerned with balance and conserving energy that shortening the bench is a strategy that is rarely employed. Obviously you don't want to go overboard with it but I think this is something the team can handle every now and then if the situation calls for it.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
and a lot less dominant himself. wow that second goal was a classic lol shut up and play

It was a 2-on-1, with one of the better shooters in the league, usually you don't blame the goalie when the puck is in the net after an odd man rush.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Everyone was pretty mediocre today. Defense, forwards and Hank wasn't great. I got no problem with him taking shots at everyone. He knows the window is open but won't be forever

Time for Gorton and AV to get there head out of there ass and make some changes.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
What changes do people honestly think this team can make?

The two contracts they need to move, they can't.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
How about this lineup for tomorrow?

Miller-Brass-Zucc
Kreids-Step-Nash
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Paille

McD-G
Yandle-Klein
Staal-McI

Hank in net.
Change the 4th line to Paille-Moore-Fast.

Sit Glass for a game, his "strong" play has worn off, he's looking more and more like the Tanner from last season.

If not then run with Glass-Moore-Fast.

However, AV thinks Fast was the only skater who brought it tonight so I guess that means he's back in the top 6.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Av calls it too many people off their game... But in all seriousness judging from this season only. How good are we if everyone is on their game... Kreider Hayes would look the same. Staal girardi would be the same. Still too many 4th liners in our top 9: fast lindberg stalberg ..

The worst part of AV seems to have zero idea of what people should go together.. He just keeps slamming the same square peg in a round hole

Huh? Kreider and Hayes "on their game" are a lot better than they were today. Problem is they haven't been on their games very much this year - maybe not at all for Hayes.

And Lindberg being a fourth liner is a joke IMO.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Everyone was pretty mediocre today. Defense, forwards and Hank wasn't great. I got no problem with him taking shots at everyone. He knows the window is open but won't be forever

Time for Gorton and AV to get there head out of there ass and make some changes.

What changes do you propose? We have a very short list of assets that people want, with little to no cap to work with.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
It was a 2-on-1, with one of the better shooters in the league, usually you don't blame the goalie when the puck is in the net after an odd man rush.

is there ever a time that hank is at fault here? great goalies win games by stopping shots like that.. look team is horse crap. but shut up or come out and blast someone.. AV sucks i called this a long time ago..he refuses to adjust

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
They need to move players yea but until they can find a deal for those guys, the least AV can do is set the D pairs and forward pairs so that they're in their best position to win.

Take Girardi off the first pairing, McIlrath needs to be playing, and guys like ****ing Glass and Paille shouldn't be getting more ice time than someone like Oscar Lindberg.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
is there ever a time that hank is at fault here? great goalies win games by stopping shots like that.. look team is horse crap. but shut up or come out and blast someone.. AV sucks i called this a long time ago..he refuses to adjust

Yes, when bad goals aren't on 2 on 1s. That's not a goalie problem when Hoffman gets a year to pick a corner on his offside. It's not that hard to shoot well when you have all day and literally zero pressure coming down on you.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Ok, even if he makes that save they still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad