Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres 3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
I was expecting a better performance against the Sabres, but now there's no excuse to look sluggish tomorrow.

Skapski is the best Rangers goalie in history AINEC. Trade Hank and Talbot for cap space. The future is here.

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
1. Skaps (it's Buffalo but he made some highlight reel stops)

2. Yandle. He's been good on own end, got only real goal of the game

3. Fast. Guy was an animal out there

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The moment you realize Skapski makes 1/3rd of Talbot's salary and 1/20th of Hank's salary.

the-shining-gif-nodding.gif

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
We can probably trade for McDavid AND Eichel with all these franchise goalies

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
WTG Skapper, WTG Yands. Also, hopefully this is the start of a run for St. Louis.

Good win, wasn't as close as 2-0.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Buffalo looked terrible just like last game but I thought Skapski looked A LOT better than he did last game. Looked like he shook the nerves from last game because he wasn't flopping around everywhere again. Great moment to see him notch the shutout.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Pretty crappy game.

Skapski was great. Staal, Hayes, Fast were good. The 3rd and 4th lines (3rd in particular) were the only bright spots early, Was good to see Yandle score, it's a shame even he can't help our woeful PP.

Didn't think Miller deserved to be benched, he was playing well with Hayes. Some of AV's personnel/man management decisions confuse me

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Pretty crappy game.

Skapski was great. Staal, Hayes, Fast were good. The 3rd and 4th lines (3rd in particular) were the only bright spots early, Was good to see Yandle score, it's a shame even he can't help our woeful PP.

Didn't think Miller deserved to be benched, he was playing well with Hayes. Some of AV's personnel/man management decisions confuse me

Agree.

Also, it's more than some.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
Skapski is 20 years old, rangers won with 2-0, skapski saved 20 shots.

Skapskis 2nd game, Skapskis first gave with a 0.

20 is a big number

#illuminati

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Skapski now has a save percentage of .977 and a GAA of .5

I know, small sample size but it's fun to mention it.

1st star: MacKenzie Skapski
2nd star: Chris Kreider
3rd star: Keith Yandle

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I love what they're doing with Skapski.. The kid is 20 damn years old, giving him NHL action against teams like Buffalo will raise his confidence. Next year you send him back down to Hartford to develops and when or if Cam leaves give him a chance to be the back up for years on. It's early but by the time Skapski is 25, Lundqvist will be 38 (scary) and he can potientally be the starter. Pretty bold prediction but it will be a solid plan when Hanke hangs them up. Always worried when he retires we'd be screwed, but we have some solid goalie prospects for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad