Rangers Review & Rangers Unlimited Podcast Part 1

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well done lads. With the music they play here on the radio, stuff like this is much preferred for the commute.

TurgePurge*

''Very good listen. Love how inferno refers to "the boards" as if its canon.

Wolfy*

Not bad, except you gave Nash a little too much credit for my taste.

Wolfy*

Seeing as your taste is:

Zucc

Toffnuss

Everything else.

That's not surprising.

Nash is overrated by a ton, that's in my book.

And they mentioned that fighting brings nothing to the game. What?? C'mon...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Nash is overrated by a ton, that's in my book.

And they mentioned that fighting brings nothing to the game. What?? C'mon...
On the topic of what fighting brings to the game, Adam Herman knocks it out of the park this morning:

Society often comes up with concepts and ideas that get spread around and eventually accepted as fact by some; despite not being true at all. For instance, the idea that shaving makes hair grow back thicker or darker. Or that we only use 10% of our brains. Or that you have to wait an hour after eating before you can swim. These are all factually incorrect assertions, and have been proven to be as much, but nonetheless continue to be believed.

In the area of hockey, the benefits of fighting often championed by many actually fit this criteria. One defense of having enforcers on the roster is the belief that they help to deter from cheap shots and prevent injuries. This is factually incorrect. Instead, the opposite is true. Teams who fight more tend to suffer more injuries, and there were an equal number of incidents which resulted in action by the NHL’s Department of Player Safety whether there was an enforcer in the lineup or not.

Another idea is that fighting helps to swing momentum in hockey games. While we can point to isolated incidents where this might have happened – these are called outliers in statistics – overall this is also factually incorrect. Here’s more evidence. In fact, a study conducted by the National Institutes of Health concluded that there were “four significant negative correlations†which indicated an “inverse relationship.†In other words, the more a team fought, the lower they tended to be in the standings. Again, pointing to individual teams who have bucked that trend is an outlier. They do as much to argue that fighting helps win as your great-grandfather who lived to 90 despite smoking every day does to argue against smoking cigarettes generally having negative health effects. Or that the few people who got rich playing the stock market in 1929 disprove the Great Depression ever happened.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Pretty good overall. Hard to find faults in the discussion considering I see eye to eye with -31- on almost everything and there wasn't much contrast in the opinions.

I think you should open and close with some music, annouce the show, and give out website information to promote your blogs then put it on Youtube as well. Sound quality is definitely good. With a little more professional flair it could be a solid podcast.
"Jared your website layout suck I should change everything"

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
"Jared your website layout suck I should change everything"

That is a misquote and I am only trying to offer helpful suggestions to make the podcast improved.

I also then did improve the blog in my spare time, free of charge.

Shut up JohnC, you big jerk.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
That is a misquote and I am only trying to offer helpful suggestions to make the podcast improved.

I also then did improve the blog in my spare time, free of charge.

Shut up JohnC, you big jerk.
:laugh: shall I dig up the quotes critiquing sean's music?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
:laugh: shall I dig up the quotes critiquing sean's music?

That was an honest assessment from someone who has made electronic music. Are you that guy who lies to all their friends when they ask for honest opinions?

JohnC, noted horrible friend.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
That was an honest assessment from someone who has made electronic music. Are you that guy who lies to all their friends when they ask for honest opinions?

JohnC, noted horrible friend.
You can't prove any of this

Wolfy*

On the topic of what fighting brings to the game, Adam Herman knocks it out of the park this morning:

Typical whining from people who are against fighting.

There's a reason why the league and more than 70% of the players want it to remain a part of the game. It certainly creates momentum and energy, and it's reducing dirty play.

It's also a huge entertainment factor.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
And here I was wondering what I'm going to do with my Saturday night when the answer was in this thread all along.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Typical whining from people who are against fighting.

There's a reason why the league and more than 70% of the players want it to remain a part of the game. It certainly creates momentum and energy, and it's reducing dirty play.

It's also a huge entertainment factor.
So this is a case where the facts aren't important?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad