Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We had PP goals for like 6 straight games....
Re-posting this yolo

On the season NYR have scored 13 PPGs (20th).

10/01/2014 - 11/12/2014: 6 PPGs in 15 games (24th)*

11/13/2014 - 12/06/2014: 7 PPGs in 9 games (7th)

Gold star if you can point out the significance of Nov. 13th.

*3 SHGs against in that span, 0 in the latter.

FIRE EVERYONE. Maybe move to Quebec while we're at it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, where did this narrative come from?

Not sure. And Nashville is one of my surrogate teams so I've been watching him a long time.

Maybe the assumption comes from his lack of offense (his 5 goals is already his career high) but that doesn't matter. He's still mobile and can move the puck out of his zone. He's very much a modern defensive defenseman. Staal and Girardi are throwbacks to the 90's, especially Staal, and year by year the game continues to pass him by.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Since the pre game thread is locked right now...

Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 1m1 minute ago
#Rangers say no update from coach Alain Vigneault on Chris Kreider, who left today's practice early after a collision.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Since the pre game thread is locked right now...

Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey 1m1 minute ago
#Rangers say no update from coach Alain Vigneault on Chris Kreider, who left today's practice early after a collision.
We're keeping Post-game threads open as late as possible after particularly bad losses, just so everyone can vent.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Too soft...bad mix on this team . Only guy that can hit hard legally is Miller and they won't play him . :laugh:

PP ? We have one ? :laugh: We have the best scoring play ever....pass the puck to Marty every time....do you think the other team has that figured out by now ? :shakehead You can score goals all day long in the pre game from there[behind/on the goal line]....but a different story during the game . They were going to the well far too many times....:nod:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We're keeping Post-game threads open as late as possible after particularly bad losses, just so everyone can vent.

I really like this idea. Should keep the frustration from venting out into every other thread and derailing discussion as it has been lately.

Great job to all the mods for trying out some new things this year. Some of the ideas didn't pan out great, but I appreciate the desire to constantly improve the forum.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 1h1 hour ago
AV on Glass: "If he told you that he was feeling the best he has recently, then if we need him, he'll play (Monday)."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Glass.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Too lazy to PM but how about the idea of a general practice/team discussion thread? Devils board has one and it could be used to talk about what's going on at practice/line combos/coaching/etc. You could let people yell their heads off after losses in the PGT and it'll eliminate the need for pre game threads. The only reason I post them is there's gotta be a place to discuss the news from practice and there's really no other place to put it.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
can we atleast agree that last night wasnt john moores fault ?

the defense gave up some ugly goals and few thanks mostly to the forwards loosing their checks.

matt hunwick didnt have his best night.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
John Moore should be playing over Hunwick we are small enough as it is

Miller cannot come out of the lineup for tanner glass that would be laughable

Id sit Zucc or Kreider before Id sit miller at this point

RGF

Apr 6, 2003
NYC
Visit site
kreider almost scored in 1st period. would have been huge for him. he still needs to physically engage. kreider should watch miller's board play last night.

regarding lineup- having both st louis and zucc in lineup is tough longterm. one reason i think zucc only got a 1 yr deal is mgmt isnt confident his size/play is worth longterm deal. i think his play this yr ensures he will be gone at yr end or traded at deadline if he continues to underperforms

kreider will figure it out. guys go through slumps, ie nash last yr. i think if miller continues to play solidly away from puck we can move him up into third line minutes.

i also agree j. moore should be back in- he is a better player overall than hunwick. hunwick keeps it simple but does not have upside of moore. i dont mind some of moores growing pains for upside

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
stempniak and zucc are not long for this club

Miller looks great on the wing looks big strong and fast

but its true having MsL and zucc both is just to small not to mention nash is a better player and more comfortable on the right side

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
'Not great great skater' =/= Slow
I love the forwards on the team, it's been the best I've seen since following the Rangers.

The defense is filled with lumbering hacks (G, Staal, Klein) who aren't great skaters, thus don't match up with the speedy forwards we have. It's probably the worst mix possible.

Torts team in 2011-12, both forwards and defense seemed to be in on the gritty page.

AV last year obviously had Stralman and Diaz + speedy forwards.

Staal I agree completely with. Girardi's skating isn't really an issue for me.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Or this is a situation where the pieces don't fit together as well as they did on paper. How a team is constructed does matter.
It's mostly the same players though? D. Boyle and Stempniak have looked fine. All the guys that look like **** were here last year.

Kreider is playing with the same people.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
It's mostly the same players though? D. Boyle and Stempniak have looked fine. All the guys that look like **** were here last year.

Kreider is playing with the same people.

It's not "mostly" the same players--there isn't one line that's the same as last year and there are four rookie forwards as part of the mix. And while it seems like the defense is mostly intact (leaving aside the Hunwick/Moore situation), how many games have they actually played together? And when did Kreider play with St. Louis?

Chemistry changes from year to year even without major roster changes and there have been significant changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad