Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Are you all happy with this team you wanted? This is what you wanted a fast 4 line team with no grit...Playing against us is like playing a non contact scrimmage that's fine if you are the Wings but we don't have their skill level....How this team cant develop a few big physical wingers and a center who can win some face offs is beyond me..They are dreadful to watch

So getting slower and tuffer is the answer? No thanks I'll keep my no contact scrimmage team

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Sather had a terrible first half of his tenure. If there was a time for him to be fired, it was after not making the playoffs for 4 straight seasons out of the gate. Since then, the team has made the playoffs every single season but one. Sather's free agent faux pas are widely publicized, but we've still made the playoffs despite all that, which is more than many teams can say.

Yeah, he traded Leetch and Graves. That was 10 years ago, I think we can finally move on. Sather certainly deserves criticism for many of his decisions, but the amount of vitriol directed towards the guy is a little over the top. Any good/smart organizational decision: "Gordie/Gorton to the rescue!!" Any poor/stupid organizational decision: "OMGZ SATHER WTF!" We're smarter than that.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Sather had a terrible first half of his tenure. If there was a time for him to be fired, it was after not making the playoffs for 4 straight seasons out of the gate. Since then, the team has made the playoffs every single season but one. Sather's free agent faux pas are widely publicized, but we've still made the playoffs despite all that, which is more than many teams can say.

Yeah, he traded Leetch and Graves. That was 10 years ago, I think we can finally move on. Sather certainly deserves criticism for many of his decisions, but the amount of vitriol directed towards the guy is a little over the top. Any good/smart organizational decision: "Gordie/Gorton to the rescue!!" Any poor/stupid organizational decision: "OMGZ SATHER WTF!" We're smarter than that.

I agree with this, he's gotten better. Idk if it's Gordie or the cap, but something changed. That said,

"If I had the Rangers payroll, I'd never lose a game"

still waiting on that cup Glen

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Missed the game last night but saw the highlights, what a **** show !!
The 5 on 3's were laughable...bury that ****ing puck Marty !!

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Are you all happy with this team you wanted? This is what you wanted a fast 4 line team with no grit...Playing against us is like playing a non contact scrimmage that's fine if you are the Wings but we don't have their skill level....How this team cant develop a few big physical wingers and a center who can win some face offs is beyond me..They are dreadful to watch

I tell ya what I definitely agree to an extent. It is tough to watch. The drop off in compete and increased embellishment makes the defensive deficiencies all the more frustrating to root for.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I love the forwards on the team, it's been the best I've seen since following the Rangers.

The defense is filled with lumbering hacks (G, Staal, Klein) who aren't great skaters, thus don't match up with the speedy forwards we have. It's probably the worst mix possible.

Torts team in 2011-12, both forwards and defense seemed to be in on the gritty page.

AV last year obviously had Stralman and Diaz + speedy forwards.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've put up with a ton over the last two decades with this team. I've put up with teams who can't score. I've put up with old teams and graveyard of free agents. I've put up with weak teams that get pushed around. I've put up with laziness. I've put up with some absolutely abhorrent goaltending (no, not Lundqvist). I've put up with teams that can't come back; other team scores first, turn the tv off. I've put up with coach after coach. I've put up with poor draft picks. I've put up with a cesspool of mediocrity. Most of all, over the last decade and a half I've put up with the worst extended stretch one teams powerplay has had in league history. And I always sat here and put up with it.

But I cannot put up with a team that loses just about every game it has a lead in. That is one thing I cannot deal with.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I've put up with a ton over the last two decades with this team. I've put up with teams who can't score. I've put up with old teams and graveyard of free agents. I've put up with weak teams that get pushed around. I've put up with laziness. I've put up with some absolutely abhorrent goaltending (no, not Lundqvist). I've put up with teams that can't come back; other team scores first, turn the tv off. I've put up with coach after coach. I've put up with poor draft picks. I've put up with a cesspool of mediocrity. Most of all, over the last decade and a half I've put up with the worst extended stretch one teams powerplay has had in league history. And I always sat here and put up with it.

But I cannot put up with a team that loses just about every game it has a lead in. That is one thing I cannot deal with.

Is this a stat that was mentioned somewhere?

This year's Rangers are a luxury car that turns out to be a lemon.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As bad as we think some aspect of the Rangers' game is, it could always be worse. Scary.

There's been worse powerplays over each season, yes, but I can't imagine another team has been consistently bottom half of the league over 15 years.

It's like Lundqvist. He's only been the best goalie in one season in his career, but he's always been near the top while the names around him change.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
There's been worse powerplays over each season, yes, but I can't imagine another team has been consistently bottom half of the league over 15 years.

It's like Lundqvist. He's only been the best goalie in one season in his career, but he's always been near the top while the names around him change.

The names on the PP have changed also... it's still just **** on a shingle. We just don't make teams pay... ever.

I haven't watched every second of every game this season, but the PP looks a little better as far as gaining the zone this yr. The problem is the execution once there, and, of course, the faceoff issue once the puck is frozen.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I love the forwards on the team, it's been the best I've seen since following the Rangers.

The defense is filled with lumbering hacks (G, Staal, Klein) who aren't great skaters, thus don't match up with the speedy forwards we have. It's probably the worst mix possible.

Torts team in 2011-12, both forwards and defense seemed to be in on the gritty page.

AV last year obviously had Stralman and Diaz + speedy forwards.

The 11 games of Diaz were the key eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad