Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Dylan McIlrath (Reassigned 12/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It is the phone call Dylan McIlrath has been dreaming about since the Rangers made him the tenth overall selection in the 2010 NHL Draft. At the age of 21, in his second season of professional hockey, McIlrath was recalled by the Rangers from the Hartford Wolf Pack Wednesday afternoon and will be available to play should head coach Alain Vigneault choose that path Thursday when the Blueshirts host the Columbus Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/4...&utm_content=facebook_1386799478#.UqjkLfRDsrU

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
#NYR News: Defenseman Dylan McIlrath Called Up

#NYR News: Defenseman Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath) has been recalled from @WolfPackAHL

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Dylan McIlrath

#NYR News: Defenseman Dylan McIlrath (@dylan_mcilrath) has been recalled from @WolfPackAHL; full story: http://nyrange.rs/IQ89lE

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/410895793277530113

It is the phone call Dylan McIlrath has been dreaming about since the Rangers made him the tenth overall selection in the 2010 NHL Draft. At the age of 21, in his second season of professional hockey, McIlrath was recalled by the Rangers from the Hartford Wolf Pack Wednesday afternoon and will be available to play should head coach Alain Vigneault choose that path Thursday when the Blueshirts host the Columbus Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden.

The bruising 6-foot-5 defenseman will bring toughness and a distinct physical presence to the Rangers lineup, along with a still-developing two-way game. McIlrath appeared in all 24 games the Wolf Pack had played this season, scoring three goals and adding four assists for a total of seven points---two more than he had in 45 games as a rookie pro last year.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/4...s&utm_content=twitter_1386800084#.UqjkbJFTi-I

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not too surprised. Was going to get a cup of coffee eventually.

Very excited to watch him.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Wonderful. So the kid will be asked to find his footing as an NHL defenseman and carry a heavy burden of the physical load.

Not too much to ask of a young kid.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
this was the plan since the start of the year. hopefully he plays within himself and provides toughness and intimidation that we lack right now.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Gives me a pretty compelling reason to tune in tomorrow. Who comes out? Falk? MDZ?

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I would have liked to see him come up with Bickel so that Stu could take the punches for the first week. Still, very, very interesting. It's the point in the season where you're just kind of rooting for interesting things to happen.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Wonderful. So the kid will be asked to find his footing as an NHL defenseman and carry a heavy burden of the physical load.

Where are you drawing this conclusion? Who's to say this isn't a 3-4 game cup stint?

I'd think if management wanted a defender to replace Staal, they'd have taken Bickel.

Punxrocknyc19*

this is one reason i think Justin Falk was brought in to be a mentor to McIlrath.. its not his fault Sather likes most of his team's defense that is afraid to hit.. :help:

Punxrocknyc19*

this was the plan since the start of the year. hopefully he plays within himself and provides toughness and intimidation that we lack right now.

yea but i wish the Rangers had a vet besides Falk with size and toughness.. why put all of that pressure on a 21 year old rookie?? it could hurt is development :help:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
What does this even mean?

Not sure what's confusing about it. Its hard enough to learn the defensive game at the NHL level. McIlrath is going to have to do it while being the only police officer on duty. In other words, maybe too much responsibility for a rookie defensemen. I'm interesting in seeing this play out and maybe McIlrath hits the ground running, but its a valid point.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
yea but i wish the Rangers had a vet besides Falk with size and toughness.. why put all of that pressure on a 21 year old rookie?? it could hurt is development :help:

Thats what Im getting at.

Vigneault says hes worried about team toughness

"Oh I got a tough kid down in the minors"

Boom, bam, done.

BarbaraAlphanse

Sometimes development means learning at the biggest stage before you're ready.

People in other job industries assume jobs that are over their head, at first. Some people don't succeed, others rise to the task.

There will always be a learning curve. NY fans need to understand there will be good and bad. But i'm glad the undertaker is here.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Pretty sure they'll just sit falk
Mcd Girardi
Moore stralman
Dz Mcilrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad