Confirmed with Link: Rangers Re-sign Ryan Bourque

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers announced Duclair on January 2nd. Duclair retweeted the Rangers tweet announcing the signing. Capgeek has January 6 as the date it was listed on the site.

The Rangers could have waited until March to sign Duclair. Just like they did with Graves. Was Duclair threatening not to sign if the Rangers didn't burn a year off the ECL?

Reserve list

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to Juniors. A Club may have on its Reserve List, at any one time, not more than 90 Players, which shall include the following:

(a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3 goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit.

Any Club violating this provision shall be liable to loss of draft choices as determined by the Commissioner.

(b) Unsigned Draft Choices.

Duclair won't count against the 50 SPC limit when he is returned to Quebec. If the Rangers screwed up and lost a year off the ECL,they lost a year.

In 2007-08,Anisimov's contract slid another year but he counted against the 50 SPC limit. He spent the year in the AHL.

It would the reserve situation if the mistake was made.

Brooks is the only one who can confirm the status of the Duclair. He has the Rangers sources.

KreiMeARiver*

holy thread derailment....is this a Ryan Borque or Duclair thread?

Anyway, I like Ryan Borque; he's got a great motor. I'd rather have him on the 4th line than Tanner Glass.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
holy thread derailment....is this a Ryan Borque or Duclair thread?

Anyway, I like Ryan Borque; he's got a great motor. I'd rather have him on the 4th line than Tanner Glass.

List of people I'd rather have on the fourth line than Tanner Glass: Every capable NHL skater. There is no argument for putting Glass in the lineup that doesn't revolve around face punching.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
List of people I'd rather have on the fourth line than Tanner Glass: Every capable NHL skater. There is no argument for putting Glass in the lineup that doesn't revolve around face punching.

I was watching the Rangers-Pens game 7 last night. Glass was not as bad as many here are making him out to be. He drove hard to the net, was physical, conscious defensively. Honestly, he was quite a bit more effective than Dorsett was.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
I was watching the Rangers-Pens game 7 last night. Glass was not as bad as many here are making him out to be. He drove hard to the net, was physical, conscious defensively. Honestly, he was quite a bit more effective than Dorsett was.

The results of Glass' 6+ seasons in the league say otherwise: http://nyrangersblog.com/2014-artic...e-of-tanner-glass-hes-not-good-at-hockey.html

http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...-is-on-the-ice-his-team-doesnt-have-the-puck/

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Yeah, I understand stats. However I also realize there is a real world outside of them. From watching with my own eyes, he was more involved and the better player.

Tanner Glass did not play well in the playoffs last year: http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

The stats are a literal record of what happened on the ice. A fourth line checker's only role is to work the puck deep and try and generate some pressure. If your team is getting badly outshot every time you're on the ice, then you are failing at that job. If he were actually winning puck battles then it would show up in his numbers. His playoff resume amounts to one goal, 26 penalty minutes, 144 shot attempts for, and 256 shot attempts against in 37 games. Without extraskater, I can't tell you exactly how effective Glass was in that particular game, but the Rangers turtled that entire game so it's probably not the best measurement of his play. We have 6+ seasons of information on Glass and over that time he has been an abomination. We're not talking about Glass being merely bad. We're talking about him being so awful that his opponents dominate the puck at the level of a top tier cup contender when he's on the ice.

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Rangers announced Duclair on January 2nd. Duclair retweeted the Rangers tweet announcing the signing. Capgeek has January 6 as the date it was listed on the site.

The Rangers could have waited until March to sign Duclair. Just like they did with Graves. Was Duclair threatening not to sign if the Rangers didn't burn a year off the ECL?

Reserve list

Duclair won't count against the 50 SPC limit when he is returned to Quebec. If the Rangers screwed up and lost a year off the ECL,they lost a year.

In 2007-08,Anisimov's contract slid another year but he counted against the 50 SPC limit. He spent the year in the AHL.

It would the reserve situation if the mistake was made.

Brooks is the only one who can confirm the status of the Duclair. He has the Rangers sources.
Nice find.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Thank you for that analysis/

KreiMeARiver*

I think I agree with this, as I watched them last night, also.

I'm so glad Dorsett is off this team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah I mean I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he seemed okay in his sheltered minutes.

most likely, Dorsett and Glass are pretty much the same player...

Except Dorsett Yielded us 2 2014 draft picks, and Glass saved us another $200k on the cap...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
icon_trevino.gif

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

Except Dorsett Yielded us 2 2014 draft picks, and Glass saved us another $200k on the cap...

Dorsett yielded us Keegan Iverson. The pick we traded down with was our original third rounder.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Was Duclair threatening not to sign if the Rangers didn't burn a year off the ECL?
He didn't need to threaten, the way it would play out is written in the CBA.

I'm sure he would have signed in August, but when it came December, what motivation would he to sign before January?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad