Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Derek Stepan 6 years/$39M/$6.5M

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
No, I really don't want to take Hayes away from 3C. It spreads out our depth and allows us to make a lot of matchups against teams lower lines and pairings. This is what I'd do:

Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Nash-Stepan-Miller
Stalberg-Hayes-Etem
Lindberg-Moore-Fast

You'd call me crazy, but I think a line of Stalberg-Stepan-Nash would work very well, since Hagelin-Stepan-Nash performed very well as a line, and Stalberg can play that similar role of being a speedy puck retriever that battles below the net. Then you could use a 3rd line of Miller-Hayes-Etem and it allows Miller to take draws for Hayes

No Glass. Lineup invalid.

3 Rookies crack the full time line-up on a contending team = valid ?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Full time from opening day?

Duclair, Fast, and Miller were in game 1 of the season. Then add in Hayes when he came back from that shoulder injury.

Besides, the only rookie I added to that lineup was Lindberg.

Miller wasn't technically a rookie, but he only had 56 games of experience entering the season after being yo-yoed for the two seasons prior.

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Duclair, Fast, and Miller were in game 1 of the season. Then add in Hayes when he came back from that shoulder injury.

Miller wasn't technically a rookie, but he only had 56 games of experience entering the season after being yo-yoed for the two seasons prior.

I had a brain cramp when I jumped to the conclusion it was an off-season "all the prospects make it" roster.

My bad G!

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com

Is it me or does it seem our rookies are even rookies? Usually when they stick they've played 35-40 games already :laugh:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I had a brain cramp when I jumped to the conclusion it was an off-season "all the prospects make it" roster.

My bad G!

All good! Really curious to see how AV handles Lindberg entering this season. He started Fast with a heavy dose of defensive zone starts while gradually giving him more ozone starts. I can see him doing something with Lindberg.

I'm also starting to like the idea of putting Etem with Nash and Stepan. Etem was very good when he played with better linemates, and I think Step and Nash can cover for any of his defensive deficiencies. Let's hope he can put all of those tools together because he has some really good speed and skill.

Is it me or does it seem our rookies are even rookies? Usually when they stick they've played 35-40 games already :laugh:

Yeah, it does seem that way. Not a fan of how they yo-yo prospects, but I understand why AV doesn't fully trust the younger guys right away. Only Jesper Fast proved to him that he could play consistently good defense right off the bat

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I include Miller as a rookie last year too. And Etem is essentially the same situation this year.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
I know right. :help::help::help:

What HOF numbers did he put up? :help::help::help:

Because offensive numbers are the only things that matter when it comes to making the HOF, right?

Never mind Selke-caliber defensive-play WHILE posting up ABOVE AVERAGE offensive numbers, winning a conn-smythe, captaining a team to THREE Stanley Cup Championships before the age of 28. Olympic gold? Yes, two of them. He was also voted "Forward of the tournament" for his first Olympic performance. The dude has like 506 points in about 560 games or close to that... he's better than most players offensively so I don't see why his offense would be used AGAINST him when arguing whether or not he'll make the HOF.

EDIT: Just completed this post and considered the fact that you might've been being sarcastic with your "What HOF numbers did he put up?" comment...

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Because offensive numbers are the only things that matter when it comes to making the HOF, right?

Never mind Selke-caliber defensive-play WHILE posting up ABOVE AVERAGE offensive numbers, winning a conn-smythe, captaining a team to THREE Stanley Cup Championships before the age of 28. Olympic gold? Yes, two of them. He was also voted "Forward of the tournament" for his first Olympic performance. The dude has like 506 points in about 560 games or close to that... he's better than most players offensively so I don't see why his offense would be used AGAINST him when arguing whether or not he'll make the HOF.

EDIT: Just completed this post and considered the fact that you might've been being sarcastic with your "What HOF numbers did he put up?" comment...

Yeah, my post was complete sarcasm.... lol. But nice explanation.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Fantastic cap hit. Now where are we with the cap situation? Trade Glass and have room to bring in a UFA?

Well, they won't trade Glass unless we miss playoffs, and Gordon need to take decisions. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad