Confirmed with Link: Rangers re-sign Brendan Lemieux

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
just barely higher than the 1.5 x 2 I was expecting. With 14F 8D 2G on the roster they have about $1m in space after the bonus cushion. So figure they send down Bitetto and one of the spare forwards that gives us 2.5m in wiggle room.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
yuck that’s expensive. About $300k more than he’s worth. At least it’s only 2 years.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
yuck that’s expensive. About $300k more than he’s worth. At least it’s only 2 years.
Just curious why?
Hey I could be wrong but I truly feel he can be a consistent 15-20 goal scorer who brings energy and some decent speed to the third or 4th line. A guy who is starting to come into his prime Years. For 1.5 million I think it’s very reasonable.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
A tiny bit rich, but still one of the better contracts we've signed this calendar year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In my mind last night I was hoping they'd settle at 2/$1.4M, so this is in the ball park. I really hope he takes a step forward this year; while I like the edge he plays with I don't think he's super effective overall.

Going into last season some people were talking about him becoming a Tom Wilson-like presence. I think he's closer to Aaron Voros than Tom Wilson.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...figure they send down Bitetto...

mostly agree, but they will want/need to get Bitetto 19 games to meet Seattle exposed D requirement

[ those thresholds may change,
but for now, I am going by the established 70 games over 2 season, or 40 in '20-21
last season was cut short (teams played between 68-71 not 82)
and next season will be shorter, too]

if they play 50 game season '20-21, and pro-rate the thresholds,
they would reduce to ~52 and ~24 *

but the league likely wont be that generous,
probably more like 55 and 30

Current minimum games played requirement rate
70/164= 0.427 games played of 2 full seasons of games scheduled
40/82= 0.488 games played of 82 games scheduled

* If coming season is 50 games and same rates apply
(70/164)*120=~52 games
(40/82)*50=~24 games

if league amends to 55 and 30,(just my example for this exercise)
these would be the higher % of games need for a guy to play to meet skater minimums
55/120=0.458
30/80=0.6

Reactions: H00fHearted

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
mostly agree, but they will want/need to get Bitetto 19 games to meet Seattle exposed D requirement

[ those thresholds may change,
but for now, I am going by the established 70 games over 2 season, or 40 in '20-21
last season was cut short (teams played between 68-71 not 82)
and next season will be shorter, too]

if they play 50 game season '20-21, and pro-rate the thresholds,
they would reduce to ~52 and ~24 *

but the league likely wont be that generous,
probably more like 55 and 30

Current minimum games played requirement rate
70/164= 0.427 games played of 2 full seasons of games scheduled
40/82= 0.488 games played of 82 games scheduled

* If coming season is 50 games and same rates apply
(70/164)*120=~52 games
(40/82)*50=~24 games

if league amends to 55 and 30,(just my example for this exercise)
these would be the higher % of games need for a guy to play to meet skater minimums
55/120=0.458
30/80=0.6

I'd expect that at some point in time we will have injuries and he would be the first call up to get into some games, and i have faith they will not mismanage the roster to the point that they will have to expose Lindgren or DeAngelo because they didnt play Bitetto enough games.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
In my mind last night I was hoping they'd settle at 2/$1.4M, so this is in the ball park. I really hope he takes a step forward this year; while I like the edge he plays with I don't think he's super effective overall.

Going into last season some people were talking about him becoming a Tom Wilson-like presence. I think he's closer to Aaron Voros than Tom Wilson.

Would like to see him improve his skating. Even a slight improvement would make him a more effective forechecker and help him get back into position after big hits. Too often he's a step behind the action.

Reactions: nyr2k2

strongisland

Oct 3, 2009
For all the cap guys out there... with the remaining space is there enough room to fit Barron & VK’s “bonus’s “ and what not if they played themselves onto the team in camp?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
For all the cap guys out there... with the remaining space is there enough room to fit Barron & VK’s “bonus’s “ and what not if they played themselves onto the team in camp?

One of them, yes, but probably not both.

upload_2020-11-6_11-4-5.png

We're at $879,367 after the penalty. If we were to drop Rooney, Blackwell and Digi, that would bring the total to $3,054,367, with 11 forwards and 7 dmen. That's not enough to fit both Kravtsov and Barron, who will count 1.775 mil each. We could in theory drop Howden or Gauthier as well to make room, and go with Smith as the lone spare, but I don't see that happening. I don't think Bitetto will be dropped, both because we need to get him games to meet the expansion requirements, and because Smith wouldn't work as the only spare if we only have 6 dmen.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
One of them, yes, but probably not both.

View attachment 375508

We're at $879,367 after the penalty. If we were to drop Rooney, Blackwell and Digi, that would bring the total to $3,054,367, with 11 forwards and 7 dmen. That's not enough to fit both Kravtsov and Barron, who will count 1.775 mil each. We could in theory drop Howden or Gauthier as well to make room, and go with Smith as the lone spare, but I don't see that happening. I don't think Bitetto will be dropped, both because we need to get him games to meet the expansion requirements, and because Smith wouldn't work as the only spare if we only have 6 dmen.

I'd just add that it would seems unlikely that Kravtsov joins the Rangers PRIOR to the end of Traktor season which at the moment is solidly in the playoff spot (KHL playoffs start in March). Yeah, I know there are conflicting reports from both sides of the pond on whether Kravtsov has a clause about leaving before then.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This is a minor complaint so please don't pile on- but I would have gladly taken Fast at the contract he signed and traded Lemieux rather than this outcome. Fast in my mind is the more effective player and at a more important position tactically for the Rangers.

Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is a minor complaint so please don't pile on- but I would have gladly taken Fast at the contract he signed and traded Lemieux rather than this outcome. Fast in my mind is the more effective player and at a more important position tactically for the Rangers.
Fast was the least skilled player on our team, his only redeeming quality was he works hard. Which really he doesn’t even do that much, that’s just the reputation you get as a Swiss army type player who stays with the team for so many years. Fast has hands of stone and every play dies on his stick. He’s the Ranger who out of anyone on the team I know isn’t going to score on a breakaway, so many times I look up oh we have a breakaway!! Then I’m like “oh it’s just Fast” the guy can barely even raise a puck.

Lemieux is the far more talented player and brings way more edge & willingness to sacrifice for the team, he is by far the more unique player in today’s NHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad