Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I like Vierling a lot as a prospect.

He really started to put it together in the second-half of his draft. The two-way play was there for a while, but he answered the questions about where the offense was and became a pretty dangerous 200-foot player. He's gotten stronger, more mature and more confident since the start of his draft year and if he can pick up where he left off, he's definitely a middle six candidate down the line.

I personally think he's a little under-valued as a prospect and has as good of a shot, or slightly better than quite a few names on the board's list. The challenge is that he lost all of last season so he doesn't have any highlights to point to, nor do we know if he can indeed pick up where he left off.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
upload_2021-8-11_11-13-36.png

Jakub Petruzalek Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Jakub Petruzalek
Height 5.09 -- Weight 141
Drafted by New York Rangers- round 9 #266 overall 2004 NHL Entry Draft
2006-Nov-21 Traded from New York Rangers with conditional pick in the 2008 draft to Carolina Hurricanes for Brad Isbister

traded by NYR 6 weeks into his first NHL contract/NA pro season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So with Lindbom confirmed to Kristianstads, that leaves Chmelař, Väisänen, and Pajuniemi as the only three where we can't really say exactly where they'll be next year.

Chmelař was listed by Jokerit on their U20 summer camp roster, so he seems a good bet to be in the U20 SM-sarja. Väisänen is actually listed on TPS' roster, but he too seems likely to end up playing U20, though who knows.

Pajuniemi, still weird that they never announced his signing, as far as I know. He'll be here for camp but where he plays is up in the air. I presume Hartford, but again, the team hasn't even acknowledged signing him. :laugh:

Reactions: egelband

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
The team doesn't acknowledge shit lol. Someone mentioned in another thread they need to follow the actual twitter account... not missing much lol

Reactions: Fitzy

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Why won't Henriksson be in Hartford???

It's unlikely that he's ready to take that step up in physicality; he's got a lot of developing to do yet.

Right after his signing was announced, it was reported that he would be loaned back to Frölunda for the 21-22 season. So unless that suddenly changes, he'll be in Sweden another year.

The transfer agreement doesn't allow Henriksson to play in Hartford.

E8WFEBKXoAIWjIk

The only way Henriksson is allowed to play in Hartford is if Frölunda grants him permission to go.

@nyr2k2 will be thrilled to know Henriksson started the pre-season without any points in a 5-1 win over Växjö despite his 2 linemates Jan Muršak (2 goals) and Michael Špaček (2 assists) each having a multi-point game :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog and Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The transfer agreement doesn't allow Henriksson to play in Hartford.

E8WFEBKXoAIWjIk

The only way Henriksson is allowed to play in Hartford is if Frölunda grants him permission to go.

@nyr2k2 will be thrilled to know Henriksson started the pre-season without any points in a 5-1 win over Växjö despite his 2 linemates Jan Muršak (2 goals) and Michael Špaček (2 assists) each having a multi-point game :laugh:

Yeah, also only played in 1 of 2 games…

I want him to do well badly right now lol. In a sense he the prospect with the highest potential in our system (save for the top guns). Because if he did well, he would become exactly what we need.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, also only played in 1 of 2 games…

I want him to do well badly right now lol. In a sense he the prospect with the highest potential in our system (save for the top guns). Because if he did well, he would become exactly what we need.

Yes. Henriksson hitting his ceiling solves a lot of our problems.

Reactions: Ola

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I'm not ready to write him off but I definitely had hoped for more from him right now without a doubt. Pretty much were hoping for a pretty great out-of-nowhere season for him in Frolunda and he finds his way over after. Then hopefully he finds a trajectory moving onward and upward and stays on it.

Reactions: Ola and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
For Henriksson I'd be happy with a season where he establishes a regular spot in the lineup, holds onto it, and produces there. It doesn't need to be near a PPG or anything crazy, but if he could play 50 games and score 20 points, without being scratched, a spare, dropped to line four, benched, etc., that would be good in my estimation. He'll be 20 basically the whole year, which is still young for the league, so that type of season would at least give me some hope that when he does come over he can have an impact.

The SHL production still wouldn't really address the size/skating concerns for me that I really think will give him problems in North America, but one thing at a time.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Put up 6 hours ago on MSG Networks.

Thanks for sharing.

They should do pronunciations in the videos. Chmelař, the closest thing in English I think is like "Hmel-osh." I think if there was also a thing over the a (an á) it would give it more of an "r" sound but without, I think it's more of an English "osh." Or I could be completely full of shit.

I know sometimes with the prospects you think you know how their names are said and then you actually hear someone else speak them and it's jarring, LOL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for sharing.

They should do pronunciations in the videos. Chmelař, the closest thing in English I think is like "Hmel-osh." I think if there was also a thing over the a (an á) it would give it more of an "r" sound but without, I think it's more of an English "osh." Or I could be completely full of shit.

I know sometimes with the prospects you think you know how their names are said and then you actually hear someone else speak them and it's jarring, LOL.

You're not far off. The pronunciation of Chmelař is a tricky one though. The "CH" part, similar as in Chytil is pronounced in a way that doesn't exist in the English language. It's similar to the way Germanic languages pronounce the letter G. The closest thing in English is to simply pronounce it as an H though, like they do with Chytil (Heetil).

The last bit is pronounced as "Lahrs".

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad