Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Updated: 11.25.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Henriksson in camp with all the grown ups this preseason

_9kUbZ8RrPNDWvUF2cMWljSFoZ4aF8eG8-b9O6IvJdYkt3b9TD5H5tgpwqS8L8n_HlzTSi2aaQ-Q-2hI7P7ynVe1q73Ttrwah87fSs76TDtvJf6cMHj9GYfX2Dw1-1mX.jpg

Reactions: Barnaby

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
YIKES, his updated ranking is extremely brutal lol. Q Hughes No1? Super high on Ty Smith?

And he starts with:
“At this point, I also have enough viewings and enough data on these players to feel extremely confident in my understanding of where they’re at and where they’re trending.”

You will be seeing me refer to this articles years from now on the topic that you cannot judge a draft 3 years after it has been made.
Mind sharing the full rankings? I don't have a sub to The Athletic, but I am curious.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
This from Rick Carpinello July 25 article:

1. Concerning development camp, he noted that Jason Grubbe should be ready to go in September with prospects camp early in that month and rookie camp on September 15. So it seems that everything will be in September which is consistent with the likelihood that the junior Rangers are not going to Traverse City.

So there wont be a Dev Camp? Cause NHL camp starts September 17th i think.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pajuniemi and Reunanen would know each other from TPS, yes?
Yeah and even though their time on the senior team only overlapped for basically a half-season before Tarmo left for Lukko, they both came up through TPS' youth system together and should know each other quite well.

They would also both know Kakko, who was also in the TPS system in the same general timeframe.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah and even though their time on the senior team only overlapped for basically a half-season before Tarmo left for Lukko, they both came up through TPS' youth system together and should know each other quite well.

They would also both know Kakko, who was also in the TPS system in the same general timeframe.

FWIW: Reunanen and Kakko didn't really interact prior, but the last 2 off-seasons they have spent a lot of time together practicing.

Pajuniemi is a bit of a loner. He's also not from the Turku region originally, so he's a bit of an outsider. Nothing to worry about, but an interesting tidbit.

Kakko's most common off-season crew includes Aarne Intonen and Leevi Teissala.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
FWIW: Reunanen and Kakko didn't really interact prior, but the last 2 off-seasons they have spent a lot of time together practicing.

Pajuniemi is a bit of a loner. He's also not from the Turku region originally, so he's a bit of an outsider. Nothing to worry about, but an interesting tidbit.

Kakko's most common off-season crew includes Aarne Intonen and Leevi Teissala.

Kakko strikes me as a quiet introverted guy as well. Is that accurate? It could be unfair just because he’s such a young guy and English obviously isn’t his first language.

Interesting about Lauri though and it’s cool that you’re in contact.

Reactions: egelband

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
There are 5-6 guys on that list that I think I would put Kravtsov ahead of at this point. It's tough though because while I think he'll be better than guys like Wahlstrom, Sharangovich, and Zadina, there's still enough doubt based on track record that I think you could justify having him around 20. I don't agree with Wheeler's assessment of lacking a dynamic aspect to his game, though.

yea i think there's a lot of ppl really sleeping on krav / what he could be, ranger fans included. there were def some things i was hoping to see more of in his stint at the end of the year...like he really didn't take anyone on 1 on 1 or try to push the pace on a rush, but my thought / hope there is that had a lot more to do with him going out of his way to be unselfish with the puck / not wanting to risk any turnovers than not having the ability to do so. i still think he has elite skill as well as iq on the puck, not far off laf at all and in some areas even moreso. i want no part of moving him in any deal...him and laf will form an elite combo. elite.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
yea i think there's a lot of ppl really sleeping on krav / what he could be, ranger fans included. there were def some things i was hoping to see more of in his stint at the end of the year...like he really didn't take anyone on 1 on 1 or try to push the pace on a rush, but my thought / hope there is that had a lot more to do with him going out of his way to be unselfish with the puck / not wanting to risk any turnovers than not having the ability to do so. i still think he has elite skill as well as iq on the puck, not far off laf at all and in some areas even moreso. i want no part of moving him in any deal...him and laf will form an elite combo. elite.

I definitely think he's flying under the radar right now, and that's fine. Hopefully he'll take the next step this year.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Everyone is penciling in Kravtsov in the top 6 despite having played only 20 NHL games, I don't see how this board is sleeping on him any more than we are sleeping on Nils Lundkvist.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Everyone is penciling in Kravtsov in the top 6 despite having played only 20 NHL games, I don't see how this board is sleeping on him any more than we are sleeping on Nils Lundkvist.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any real fanfare about him. And with Laf and Kakko as the heralded young guns on offense I can see why. Perhaps people are penciling him in, but I don't see the buzz. Nils definitely gets the hype.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see any real fanfare about him. And with Laf and Kakko as the heralded young guns on offense I can see why. Perhaps people are penciling him in, but I don't see the buzz. Nils definitely gets the hype.

Maybe. There was a pretty big backlash when Kravtsov was included in Eichel proposals, same as with Chytil and Nils.

If he isn't getting 'hyped' its probably because the expectation is that he's going to be able to produce offense this season, and if he doesn't it'll be considered a pretty big disappointment. Same with Kakko.

Gauthier, Pajuniemi, Goodrow are pretty much your replacement RW options if Kravy is struggling, which is not ideal at all. I like Paju's shot but I don't think he ends up an NHL player. Gaut has one foot out the door.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I hope this new coaching staff isn’t dead set on every player “earning” their way via a checking role. Guys like Gauthier and Kravtsov might just be better suited to offensive roles. Let them play where they’re best suited.
i like accountability and “earning” it as much as the next guy, but maybe the previous staff went a little bit overboard there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad