Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 8.7.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Rangers were zeroed on forwards.
Yup, and that's fine because they nailed 2/3 of those 3rd round picks (relative to what you normally get in the 3rd round).

There's nothing really to complain about, and my analysis in hindsight is dumb. I'm just a Brett Pesce fan and am bummed we missed him by one pick. We got a decent haul out of the 2013 draft considering where we picked.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yup, and that's fine because they nailed 2/3 of those 3rd round picks (relative to what you normally get in the 3rd round).

There's nothing really to complain about, and my analysis in hindsight is dumb. I'm just a Brett Pesce fan and am bummed we missed him by one pick. We got a decent haul out of the 2013 draft considering where we picked.
Yup, you and I are on the same page. If it were down to only two options to pick a forward prospect I have my doubts that Buch was being drafted.

Reactions: haveandare

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
WJSS starts in a few days (28th). I believe these games are just U20 national team friendlies. They play a ton of these at all levels of national team play throughout the year. Even Shesterkin and the Russian "B-Team" played in a few last year, along with Rykov. Getting video is rare though, they're usually not televised and a lot of the games aren't even really public.

The WJSS should be streamed. Last year you had to pay a fee but the last years good streams have been available. @Steve Kournianos do you know of any stream this year?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A lot will depend on the pre-season. With several new players (Bergstrom, Glinkin, Lapenkov, Stoa) and the emergence of Sholokov and Shipin, there are a lot of possibilities with line-combinations.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A lot will depend on the pre-season. With several new players (Bergstrom, Glinkin, Lapenkov, Stoa) and the emergence of Sholokov and Shipin, there are a lot of possibilities with line-combinations.

Absolutely but Titov is on the record that he wants to see Stoa-Kravtsov duo as a thing. Stoa is counted to be the veteran stabilizing influence on Kravtsov this season, similar to Stoa’s last season role with Spartak.

BTW, KHL site has an interview with Titov. There he mentioned how excited he’s about having Kravtsov. Among other things he noted how impressed he’s with Kravtsov’s strong mental makeup (sounds familiar?).

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Absolutely but Titov is on the record that he wants to see Stoa-Kravtsov duo as a thing. Stoa is counted to be the veteran stabilizing influence on Kravtsov this season, similar to Stoa’s last season role with Spartak.

BTW, KHL site has an interview with Titov. There he mentioned how excited he’s about having Kravtsov. Among other things he noted how impressed he’s with Kravtsov’s strong mental makeup (sounds familiar?).

That's what I am hoping for. Being linked with Stoa would be a great opportunity for Kravtsov.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Yup. That's who we've been targeting.

Reminds me of that asinine and xenophobic Jim Benning quote about wanting "North American heart with European skill." What a clown. As if those things are mutually exclusive. Dinosaur.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Reminds me of that asinine and xenophobic Jim Benning quote about wanting "North American heart with European skill." What a clown. As if those things are mutually exclusive. Dinosaur.
I saw part of the sportsnet feed for the draft with Brian Burke (might’ve even been in the Kravtsov pick video) where he was explaining his old draft rules that were like North Americans only for bottom 6 guys, first rounders have to be ready within 2 years or it’s a failure of a pick, height cut offs, etc. real bad all around

Reactions: nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Hahahaha. To be fair, a lot of people on HF think the same way. It's basically the "soft Euro" argument

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I definitely can still be upset about that. :laugh:

Lol, you know what I mean. At least there will be fewer soft euros comments to deal with. Silver lining.

Plus it’s even refreshing to follow the child-like, infectious in a good way joy from Ovechkin. It’s on a totally different level from what I remember going back multiple decades.

Edit: @nyr2k2 Forgot your DC connection, take all I said back :)

Last edited:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hahahaha. To be fair, a lot of people on HF think the same way. It's basically the "soft Euro" argument

I think it's fair to take into consideration that "euro" leagues may have different styles of play and emphasize different things but to say that's related to "heart" or how much a guy "wants it" is very dumb.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think it's fair to take into consideration that "euro" leagues may have different styles of play and emphasize different things but to say that's related to "heart" or how much a guy "wants it" is very dumb.

Yeah. Hockey in Europe is different.

North American hockey is about territory, European hockey more about possession. Dumping the puck is not as common in Europe. Instead, you'll see players circle back and try again after the line change. This is part because of the bigger ice surface but also, in my opinion, because of the mindset.

In a way, hockey in NA reminds me of American football, where dumping the puck is the equivalent of a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad