Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 10.17.18) *Part II*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
****in’ boring Igor does it again. Can we just trade him to the Piles for scraps so they have two Russian goalie busts?

:sarcasm:

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
As long as they don't make the team too Russian we need more skill players. Loved Shesterkin as a prospect. Love what I'm hearing about Kravtsov. Difference between Kravtsov and Buchnevich is simple. Kravtsov was given first line minutes on a top team in the playoffs and produced. He's made captain of a young tourny team. Buchnevich did nothing in his only lengthy playoff performance and has shown almost no leadership qualities. One guy plays hard all the time and tries on defense in Kravtsov. The other is lazy and plays no defense in Buchnevich. Hopefully, the new coaching staff can get thru to Buchnevich's thick head how to play NHL hockey. Still amazed at how our fan base gave this guy a total pass last year. I can remember at least 3 games he lost because of boneheaded, lazy defensive plays.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
As long as they don't make the team too Russian we need more skill players. Loved Shesterkin as a prospect. Love what I'm hearing about Kravtsov. Difference between Kravtsov and Buchnevich is simple. Kravtsov was given first line minutes on a top team in the playoffs and produced. He's made captain of a young tourny team. Buchnevich did nothing in his only lengthy playoff performance and has shown almost no leadership qualities. One guy plays hard all the time and tries on defense in Kravtsov. The other is lazy and plays no defense in Buchnevich. Hopefully, the new coaching staff can get thru to Buchnevich's thick head how to play NHL hockey. Still amazed at how our fan base gave this guy a total pass last year. I can remember at least 3 games he lost because of boneheaded, lazy defensive plays.
Is this post even serious?Make the team too Russian?How racist are you?Good Heavens man,press that flashing light button on your computer tower or laptop and dont look back.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is this post even serious?Make the team too Russian?How racist are you?Good Heavens man,press that flashing light button on your computer tower or laptop and dont look back.

Yeah. and the difference between Pavel "should have scored a point per game in his 2nd season" Buchnevich and Kravtsov is that Buchnevich was a 3rd round pick. The fact that he developed into a top-6 forward is already a great accomplishment. And Kravtsov was captain of the Junior team, while Buchnevich was an alternate captain for several tournaments at the same age-group.

It is baffling how little this guy knows about Buchnevich, yet criticizes him for everything. Doesn't put up a point per game (13 league-wide have done what he expects Buchnevich to do since 2000). This guy just dislikes Russians but he can't use that towards Kravtsov because he's actually producing and developing. If Kravtsov goes 2 weeks without a goal, expect this troll to come out of hiding to criticize Kravtsov for being a lazy Russian.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah. and the difference between Pavel "should have scored a point per game in his 2nd season" Buchnevich and Kravtsov is that Buchnevich was a 3rd round pick. The fact that he developed into a top-6 forward is already a great accomplishment. And Kravtsov was captain of the Junior team, while Buchnevich was an alternate captain for several tournaments at the same age-group.

It is baffling how little this guy knows about Buchnevich, yet criticizes him for everything. Doesn't put up a point per game (13 league-wide have done what he expects Buchnevich to do since 2000). This guy just dislikes Russians but he can't use that towards Kravtsov because he's actually producing and developing. If Kravtsov goes 2 weeks without a goal, expect this troll to come out of hiding to criticize Kravtsov for being a lazy Russian.
Looks like a dunning-kruger kinda thing to me.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Adam just confirmed with his NA sources what i heard after the draft from my Swedish scout friends, Kjellberg will indeed be going to USHL this season, specifically the Dubuque Fighting Saints.
I know some people have a big problem with the pick, and I’m not saying it will turn out this way, but Wayne Simmonds wasn’t ranked at all by CSS in his draft year and went in the second round

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
That could go one of two ways, they saw a lot of Wahlstrom while looking at K'Andre and decided his game wasn't as good as Krav's.

Good point, but it's hard to argue Newhook's competitiveness to that of Wahlstrom's as of now. I think Newhook is the better player, ATM, solely based on relentlessness. Wahlstrom, although not a bad skater, is kind of lazy getting back and playing defense. Both are great prospects, though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Adam just confirmed with his NA sources what i heard after the draft from my Swedish scout friends, Kjellberg will indeed be going to USHL this season, specifically the Dubuque Fighting Saints.
I figured that since he wasn't on any of Rogle's rosters, that would be the case. Thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: ManUtdTobbe

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I know some people have a big problem with the pick, and I’m not saying it will turn out this way, but Wayne Simmonds wasn’t ranked at all by CSS in his draft year and went in the second round

I like the route he's taking atleast. Still hate the pick, pure nepotism.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I Think it's a good move too, he would have been a longshot to feature in the SHL or even Allsvenskan for the next 2 years anyway, so USHL -> NCAA makes a ton of sense.

Reactions: Joey Bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Where's the Kjellberg hate coming from?
I suspect the pick would be disliked due to the fact that only one scouting service had him ranked, ever, and that was the CSS midterm ranking which he dropped off of completely in the final rankings. He was anonymous to the point that there were/are no scouting reports on him to be found. He just seemed completely off the board, even for a sixth round pick.

Then, it has been compounded by the fact that the Rangers' scout covering Sweden is his dad. Didn't exactly have a great look to it.

But who knows, maybe he really was a good pick at that spot and literally everyone else was just in the dark.

Reactions: egelband

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Agree the Rangers should be in the top 5. Andersson and Chytil should be good contributors this season. Kravtsov is opening eyes already. They acquired a lot of depth in Hajek, Howden and Rykov last year plus Miller and Lundkvist this year. I still think Gropp and Ronning are going to make the team along with Fontaine at some point. Shesterkin is a stud and I've always liked Huska. Gettinger is a guy that might play a role down the line as well.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The fact he was on no one's radar and his Dad is a scout for the team gives it an appearance of nepotism. Right or wrong it gives everyone a bad taste about the Rangers or the FO's scouting/drafting process. I don't know what the case really was but from the outside looking in it kind of looks weird.

I hope the above wasn't the case and while it looks fishy it was a legitimate pick and a process was adhered to.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Dude's stuck in like 1985. Though Russian is not a race. But he's off his damn rocker. He's a typical hockey fan you find at a game. This board used to be better than that.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Where's the Kjellberg hate coming from?

Dad's a scout for the Rangers. Kind of a throwaway pick, but if his old man is a great scout and unearths some gems, then it's worth it imo.

We can start by looking at Nils and Ragnar. Both players will stand to do well versus men this year. Both players will probably be a lot better than their draft positions. If the elder Kljell is the guy that pulling that off, then give his kid a look and keep him with the org.

Reactions: darko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad