Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 10.17.18) *Part II*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Edge- With Wilde, it’s just so digital with these defensemen. Either they can stay with the pace and they become immensely valuable or they can’t and nobody wants anything to do with them, often they get a bigger contract early but is just an anchor.

Another type I am struggling to pin down is the Barrett Heiston center types.

It will also be interesting to see how much room there really is for the smaller Ds in the future in this league. I think it’s as important as ever to clear the crease and be someone that it hurts to play against. The bigger forwards are really struggling in general, but I am not at all sure on that it’s good to have 3 thinner Ds on a blueline around 5’11-6’1...

The last part in particular has be thinking about the right side of the Rangers defense.

Forgetting about the various playing time debates for a moment, you're potentially looking at a right side with Shattenkirk, ADA and Pionk. Between the three of them, it's an average of a shade under 6'0, and somewhere around 195 pounds.

Like you, I can't I'm particularly sold on that concept.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Its awesome that he is finally getting consistent icetime. Maybe he'll be able to become something
My goal for him was to play regularly in Liiga this season. He has done that, and appears to be playing well on top of that. He's still 20 until March. So, yeah, if he can keep this up this can really put him back on the map in terms of being a legitimate prospect.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Jacob Ragnarsson is healthy and playing his first game of the season today for Almtuna.
He played 21:05, which is great. He was -3 in a 6-2 loss, which is not great. Obviously I didn't see any of the game so I don't know how he looked. He was out there on the PP for a goal his partner scored.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My goal for him was to play regularly in Liiga this season. He has done that, and appears to be playing well on top of that. He's still 20 until March. So, yeah, if he can keep this up this can really put him back on the map in terms of being a legitimate prospect.

It’s good that you keep the rights to a European player for four years. I even think it would be ideal if he could play a couple of years in the KHL before coming to NA when he is around 24.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It’s good that you keep the rights to a European player for four years. I even think it would be ideal if he could play a couple of years in the KHL before coming to NA when he is around 24.

Not all of them are 4 years. Lakatos' rights expire in 2019. Virta's would as well, until he signed with Slovan.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not all of them are 4 years. Lakatos' rights expire in 2019. Virta's would as well, until he signed with Slovan.
Yeah isn't it like, years from draft age until the conclusion of their age 22 season, or something basically similar to that? So when you draft "over-age" guys you have fewer years to make a decision on giving them a deal.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah isn't it like, years from draft age until the conclusion of their age 22 season, or something basically similar to that? So when you draft "over-age" guys you have fewer years to make a decision on giving them a deal.

Posted my response in the new thread

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad