Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 6.27.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
4 early forward picks in 2017-2019: Lias, Chytil, Kravtsov and Kakko. Drafted Butcher before that. Acquired Zibanejad, Howden, Lemieux and Strome. That's a lot of young top-9 forwards. Need at least one more RD, hopefully with size.

Definitely RD with size is the need #1. The question is how to go about obtaining him keeping in mind that we are not talking about depth RD - we need 1RD or at least a 2nd pair any opponents at even strength + 1PK unit. Drafting him now (with considerations for busting etc), by the time he develops into this RD some of us will be talking about moving Chytil because he'd be too old.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Definitely RD with size is the need #1. The question is how to go about obtaining him keeping in mind that we are not talking about depth RD - we need 1RD or at least a 2nd pair any opponents at even strength + 1PK unit. Drafting him now (with considerations for busting etc), by the time he develops into this RD some of us will be talking about moving Chytil because he'd be too old.

If we draft an RD, he will be ready around when we need him since our top picks are coming in bunches 2017-2020. Our timeline is whenever the 2017-2020 draftees mature.

Use the Jets pick on Moritz. Then draft a forward, likely in the top 5 in a forward-heavy 2020 draft. Then use the later 2020 first rounder we get for Kreider for another RD, unless the current ones emerge and show we dont need an RD. Of course, always BPA if someone is clearly better than positional need.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Chytil had no points and was -1. 3 SOG. Czechs lost 3-2. Chytil was out there with the unit that gave up the ENG at the end so they're playing him in some important minutes. I didn't see his overall TOI.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Seider is a pretty big risk and a ways away from being NHL ready IMO. I love the idea of what he could be, but hes really raw.

I'd like to think there will be better options available at the Winnipeg pick but we'll have to see how the board breaks. I'd rather have him than Soderberg but I'd also feel more comfortable selecting Korczak a bit later. The ceiling may be a bit lower, but the floor is much higher.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Carp's top 11 in the athletic:

1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Miller
4. Fox
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren
8. Barron
9. Lindbom
10. Rykov
11. Reunanen

Yeah, I wouldn't have Lindbom in that list just yet, either. Needs to show himself after an injury plagued season....

I'd move Rykov and Reunanen up with Sjalin at No. 11.

Reactions: Midikem

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Carp mentioned that Lindbom was an Allaire pick. Maybe, just maybe, we owe Benny a benefit of the doubt. The kid was injured this year but still earned a pro contract at 18 going on 19 and will possibly be starting all season in Allsvenskan if he stays healthy. On top of that it is important to consider that Mora just got relegated so they are technically an SHL team that could look to contend for a promotion next season.

With this said, it should be noted that Mora lost a majority of it's team after being relegated. They'll be in a rebuilding mold in the fall. Could definitely help the case for Lindbom for the starter position, but there will be a competition for it.

Reactions: TheKingsCourt

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Seider is a pretty big risk and a ways away from being NHL ready IMO. I love the idea of what he could be, but hes really raw.

I'd like to think there will be better options available at the Winnipeg pick but we'll have to see how the board breaks. I'd rather have him than Soderberg but I'd also feel more comfortable selecting Korczak a bit later. The ceiling may be a bit lower, but the floor is much higher.

We can afford to take risks with all these picks. With the torrent of picks and young acquisitions (Howden, Strome, Lemieux, Vinni, Pionk, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren), I think we have enough bottom-4 D and bottom-9 F, we need to swing for the fences to try to get guys who can be at least reasonably competent on the first line/pair.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
With this said, it should be noted that Mora lost a majority of it's team after being relegated. They'll be in a rebuilding mold in the fall. Could definitely help the case for Lindbom for the starter position, but there will be a competition for it.
Yeah, and while they were in the SHL for the past two years, they were in Allsvenskan for basically the prior ten years and survived the relegation series a season ago. So they barely stayed up last year and didn't stay up this year. They definitely don't have an established SHL roster.

Reactions: Joey Bones

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What about Keane? Feel like he could be in there.

Yeah probably, but Sjalin was a key contributor to Leksands when healthy. Think he'll thrive in the SHL next season. Keane could also be solid in pros, but I think he'll have a transitioning year with Hartford first.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If we draft an RD, he will be ready around when we need him since our top picks are coming in bunches 2017-2020. Our timeline is whenever the 2017-2020 draftees mature.

Use the Jets pick on Moritz. Then draft a forward, likely in the top 5 in a forward-heavy 2020 draft. Then use the later 2020 first rounder we get for Kreider for another RD, unless the current ones emerge and show we dont need an RD. Of course, always BPA if someone is clearly better than positional need.

Sorry but I see flaws in your post's logic or facts. Our forwards core is largely consist of 2016-2018 with at least a few important pieces (Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Strome) from even earlier. What's more important - substantially ALL of these pieces including 2019 2OA will be in NY this season. In 2-3 years they will be entering their prime, so if we go with the draft approach to get this impactful RD with size - he will be 2-3 years behind this curve AT BEST. Not saying we should not draft this RD but it should be plan B or rather serve a slightly different objective - to extend the compete window and be ready for this role in 5-6 years.

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Sorry but I see flaws in your post's logic or facts. Our forwards core is largely consist of 2016-2018 with at least a few important pieces (Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Strome) from even earlier. What's more important - substantially ALL of these pieces including 2019 2OA will be in NY this season. In 2-3 years they will be entering their prime, so if we go with the draft approach to get this impactful RD with size - he will be 2-3 years behind this curve AT BEST. Not saying we should not draft this RD but it should be plan B or rather serve a slightly different objective - to extend the compete window and be ready for this role in 5-6 years.

And also D-men often take longer to make it to the NHL. Just go for BPA and trade from a position of strengt to fill the voids.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Sorry but I see flaws in your post's logic or facts. Our forwards core is largely consist of 2016-2018 with at least a few important pieces (Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Strome) from even earlier.

How can our core consist of 2016-18 draftees when Kakko is the center of our core and we didn't even have a first rounder in 2016 [2013-2016]? Our best 2016 draftee is Gettinger. Talk about synergy... We got Fox, Howden and Hajek drafted in 2016, but are we really suggesting they are in the core and Kakko isn't?

And yes, we have 3 guys (Zibanejad, Butcher and Strome) drafted in 2011-2013, but every team needs slightly older guys for vet leadership.

Unless he busts, our timeline is Kakko.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

wat

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Trouba fits the timeline more than a kid drafted late in first round right now.

Only if you have no way to control your need for immediate gratification. Our timeline is Kakko. Therefore, a guy drafted in 2019 or 2020 fits our timeline a hell of a lot more than a guy drafted in 2012.

Reactions: Inferno

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, "timelines" and "windows" are nebulous. They shift around and can be impacted by plenty of variables. Your expected timeline can be interrupted unexpectedly, and start anew just as unexpectedly. If you can get a guy now that you think can give you five or more good years, I think that's a fine addition. I'm not talking about Trouba or Panarin or anyone in particular. Just talking about the idea of rigid, static, predefined timelines and windows.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why are you talking about 2012 as if it was so lo...oh God it's been 7 years already? :(

Because a player's prime is normally 24-30 years old. A guy who is 7 years older than Kakko, and 6 years older than Chytil, Kravtsov and K'Andre is going to be in his 30s by the time our core guys are 24 and will be retired by the time they are in the middle of their prime (27-28).

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Because a player's prime is normally 24-30 years old. A guy who is 7 years older than Kakko, and 6 years older than Chytil, Kravtsov and K'Andre is going to be in his 30s by the time our core guys are 24 and will be retired by the time they are in the middle of their prime (27-28).
Horse. Cart. Meet beacon. No one is retiring at 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad