Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 6.27.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Where does Fox rank in our top prospect list?

2nd or 3rd?

Could we possibly have 4 top prospects in nhl top 20 if we are including Hughes/Kakko too?

cozandeffect

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
I'd be cautious on Fox. I really like him as a prospect, but right now I don't think he has significantly higher upside than ADA if at all. He's just ahead of Hajek among our D-prospects for me.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd be cautious on Fox. I really like him as a prospect, but right now I don't think he has significantly higher upside than ADA if at all. He's just ahead of Hajek among our D-prospects for me.
Well have still have ADAs upside as a top pair dman. As do I have Fox (well both closer to #2-3 ceilings). Whether they reach that is a whole different story. I'm still higher on ADA than Fox, but i've been big on ADA since we traded for him and he hasn't disappointed at all yet.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Carp's top 11 in the athletic:

1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Miller
4. Fox
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren
8. Barron
9. Lindbom
10. Rykov
11. Reunanen

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Miller
4. Fox
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren
8. Barron
9. Lindbom
10. Rykov
11. Reunanen
I would swap out Lindbom with any number of other players, but otherwise that looks pretty reasonable. Lindbom could jump right back into the rankings for me next year, but we need to see the kid play. I don't give credit just for being picked in the second round.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Miller
4. Fox
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren
8. Barron
9. Lindbom
10. Rykov
11. Reunanen

Hajek ahead of Lundkvist is a bit of a reach, Lindgren is too high, but other than that I can live with it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Miller
4. Fox
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren
8. Barron
9. Lindbom
10. Rykov
11. Reunanen

The top 5 is how I would rank it, and overall it's pretty close to what I'd put down on paper.

I'd probably bump Rykov up 7 or 8, which would slide Barron down to 9, and then I'd round out the top 10 with Keane. And even then, I'd make the argument that he and Barron could be interchangeable in their rankings.

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
Carp mentioned that Lindbom was an Allaire pick. Maybe, just maybe, we owe Benny a benefit of the doubt. The kid was injured this year but still earned a pro contract at 18 going on 19 and will possibly be starting all season in Allsvenskan if he stays healthy. On top of that it is important to consider that Mora just got relegated so they are technically an SHL team that could look to contend for a promotion next season.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Carp mentioned that Lindbom was an Allaire pick. Maybe, just maybe, we owe Benny a benefit of the doubt. The kid was injured this year but still earned a pro contract at 18 going on 19 and will possibly be starting all season in Allsvenskan if he stays healthy. On top of that it is important to consider that Mora just got relegated so they are technically an SHL team that could look to contend for a promotion next season.

Lindbom is a much better prospect than people give him credit for.

But he's going to have to battle being taken in the second as a goalie, and he was hurt this year so people are going to hold that against him as well.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
1. Kratsov 2. Shesterkin 3. Miller
4. Fox 5. Hajek 6. Lundkvist
7. Lindgren 8. Barron 9. Lindbom
10. Rykov 11. Reunanen

i think Rykov may deserve to be higher,
Lindbom getting benefit of doubt due to draft slot

but i also think that after about the top 4, plus maybe Rykov,
its just a semi-qualified guesswork to rank their career forecast
a Day or Keane or Gross could still out-career many of these D guys,
as could a Gettinger or Newell out-career Barron,
Huska could outdo Lindblom (as with Lindbom, Huska got NYR scouts' attention at U18 Worlds)

which is why the depth of the system is so important, they never ALL reach their potential
Having such a deep top 20 means NYR should get a good number of solid NHL pros from this prospect pool

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lindbom is a much better prospect than people give him credit for.

But he's going to have to battle being taken in the second as a goalie, and he was hurt this year so people are going to hold that against him as well.
I don't hold it against him that he was drafted where he was. I hold that against the front office. I want to evaluate him on his own merits.

He was one of the top handful of goalies available, but I don't think it was a particularly strong class for goalies. Looking at his performance--he has turned in some nice efforts in international tournaments which is encouraging, given those are mostly against kids his own age. At the same time, his league performance haven't been great. But what makes it most difficult, is that since 2015-2016 (when he was 15/16), he has only played in 94 games, or less than 25 per season. There's just not a large body of work to evaluate. Given many of the games came in J16, J18, etc., there wasn't even any way to watch.

I think he's a decent prospect and the fact that Sweden continues to choose him for international events is a good sign. And as I mentioned, depending on how he does at Mora and what I see when I watch him, he could shoot up my personal list. But until then, I have a hard time putting such an unknown quantity in my top ten above some other really nice prospects that I've seen and know. Lindbom doesn't even really have many scouting reports out there to read. Also, I'm on record with not being impressed by the "Allaire loves him!" thing, but I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.

I hope he works out as a prospect. He seems to have potential. I need to see more before I can place him highly in a pretty deep prospect pool.

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
Rangers really to draft some forwards this year, beside our 2OA. The top ten only have 2 forwards, and the forwards down in Hartford are meh, maybe some forwards from previous draft year will emerge

Reactions: belford222

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
1. Kratsov
2. Shesterkin
3. Fox
4. Miller
5. Hajek
6. Lundkvist
7. Rykov
8. Lindgren
9. Barron
10. Cousin Vinni, Gettinger or Crawley I guess. At this point, lesser talent.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Rangers really to draft some forwards this year, beside our 2OA. The top ten only have 2 forwards, and the forwards down in Hartford are meh, maybe some forwards from previous draft year will emerge

Well, three of the forwards graduated (Chytil, Andersson, and Howden) and basically none of the defense did. DeAngelo was the only one to move beyond prospect status. Pionk as well, but I don't think man are as high on him as they were a year ago.

If we're looking at forwards, this draft is ideal to snag two in the first round. Obviously Kakko/Hughes with #2 and whoever with the Jets pick. If Dallas can get the next two, maybe even nab a 3rd forward from this bunch, but I'm sure they'll add another D to the pool if we get a 3rd first round pick.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

4 early forward picks in 2017-2019: Lias, Chytil, Kravtsov and Kakko. Drafted Butcher before that. Acquired Zibanejad, Howden, Lemieux and Strome. That's a lot of young top-9 forwards. Need at least one more RD, hopefully with size.

Reactions: GAGLine

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

not disagreeing with that draft approach but to be fair there are more good young forwards already in ny that aren't on the list...I realize they don't qualify as prospects anymore but when looking at the future of the rangers, if you add chytil, howden, lias, buch, deangelo etc to the mix, the forward depth looks much better

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Last year NYR drafted 6D, 3F, 1G
Gotta hope for ~6F this year, pack that column of the pipeline

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Chytil has a match in the Carlson Cup, starting shortly.

EDIT: He's the 4C with Jiri Sekac and some dude named Hynek Zohorna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad