Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 6.27.19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nah they'll still find a way to piss him off. Piss all of us off, really.

The Rangers trade Kreider for a pick around 18-25 (along with some other pieces), then draft a boom/bust prospect who is not on the usual lists, and heads implode all over this forum. Book it.

Reactions: DanishRanger

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
The Rangers trade Kreider for a pick around 18-25 (along with some other pieces), then draft a boom/bust prospect who is not on the usual lists, and heads implode all over this forum. Book it.

i suppose this is possible...but my thought here would be, why bother? even in a deep draft, most picks 18-25 need 1-2 years of seasoning before the nhl, and assuming they pan out, another couple years to grow into their potential. to me for that expected return timeline, assuming it happens, doesn't do a lot for us with where we are. alternatively, kreider is a guy thats universally acknowledged as being beloved in the room, has a phenominal work ethic, and in the prime of his career. to me he's the kind of example you want your younger guys around as a model. sure maybe he didn't live up to the extreme end of his production assumptions and is definitely a less physical/influential presence when not producing than many would like given his build/skillset, but he's still an asset in a lot of ways. i've mentioned i trust gorton's evaluations/decisions so i'll roll w/ his call, but to me moving him to get there is in all probability at best a lateral move w/ a relatively long horizon of seeing returns. to me, i would have no interest there. in general, i wouldn't want to trade him regardless just for the influence he'd be on the kids in the room and his connection w/ mika on the ice. to me if you move him at all, its part of a package to get back into the top 10 to snag a boldy or krebs - guys that can be legitimate difference makers and sooner than later

Reactions: egelband

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Judging by its spelling and meaning, you might think that "agita" is simply a shortened version of "agitation," but that's not the case. Both "agitation" and the verb "agitate" derive from Latin agere ("to drive"). "Agita," which first appeared in American English in the early 1980s, comes from a dialectical pronunciation of the Italian word acido, meaning "heartburn" or "acid," from Latin acidus. ("Agita" is also occasionally used in English with the meaning "heartburn.") For a while the word's usage was limited to New York City and surrounding regions, but the word became more widespread in the mid-90s.

Definition of AGITA

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Never heard that term before. I’ve got a genetic heart issue so angina is something I need to be aware of.

Angina? In Russian there are three respiratory illnesses - "prostuda" - cold, "grip" - flu and "angina" - strep

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

I'll book it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Definitely a possibility.

After this weekend, I came away feeling there's definitely an interest/focus on forwards with scoring potential that aren't necessarily the names we've batted around here. I think Krebs is on the radar, Pelletier, a few others. On defense, mobility is the word of the day, though that doesn't necessarily mean offense. So while you have a guy like York or Seider on the short list, you have guys like Johnson, McCarthy, etc.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad