Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I can't believe I forgot Rykov ... uh .. he's stil a great prospect, yes?

I'm really loving forgetting very good prospects.

:laugh:

We haven't spoken about him much since he went back to Russia, but I just saw that he had 2 assists through 7 games. I have no idea how he's looked, but maintaining that 0.28ppg would be a slight uptick for his overall KHL production compared to recent years. They have some pretty good talent up front, but CSKA hasn't scored much just yet. I'd imagine his production begins to increase once those guys get going.
My expectation--and it's just that, my own expectation--is that he probably stays in Russia. He is RFA after the upcoming season, so he'll be free to sign a new contract to stay in the KHL. That might be more appealing to him than signing here and having to win a spot in a crowded field.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
just saw this at Eliteprospects, like what folks have been suggesting NYR do w Barron, Miller, Khod, etc

View attachment 368475
Someone on the internet (dont remember who or where) mentioned Berlin is also owned by AEG .

I dont remember hearing about Turcotte leaving wisconsin, but that seems to have happened.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
What’s the word on Pajunemi?
Does he have a legit shot to make our club ?
It seems he was a surprise with his goal scoring last season.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What’s the word on Pajunemi?
Does he have a legit shot to make our club ?
It seems he was a surprise with his goal scoring last season.

He's not there yet but I always felt the Fast trajectory makes sense for Pajuniemi.

2021: Sign ELC, on loan at TPS
2022: Full year in Hartford
2023: Make the team in New York

If he works on his overall game a bit, I could see him be a Benoit Pouliot type for the Rangers. That's always the type I saw in him.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Glad he’s getting the lesson now, though. Incidentally, this is where leagues are going - rightly, in my opinion - regarding the third-man hits. It’s cool too be third-man to seal off the player from the puck but it has to be done really carefully. It always baffled me when fans were like ‘he’s eligible to be hit so he had better keep his head up’ and shit like that. How can a guy deal with one checker on one side and then a f***ing train coming in from the other side. But I guess people just like seeing brain injuries. I love a great one-in-one hit. Two rams seeing who’s stronger. That’s cool and exciting. And actually, when you know contact is coming it’s pretty safe.
But the third-man train wrecks need to stop. Especially when they’re coming from the opposite direction.

that said, I think this play was more bad luck than intent. But the big fella really needs to be more careful.
Glided in, primary point of contact was the shoulder, player who got blowed up had a goal later in the game.

Laughable.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We haven't spoken about him much since he went back to Russia, but I just saw that he had 2 assists through 7 games. I have no idea how he's looked, but maintaining that 0.28ppg would be a slight uptick for his overall KHL production compared to recent years. They have some pretty good talent up front, but CSKA hasn't scored much just yet. I'd imagine his production begins to increase once those guys get going.

I watched Rykov in his first couple of games. After starting on the 3rd pair he was quickly promoted to the 2nd and even top pair. He gets 2nd PP unit time and PK. I still think it was very unfortunate that his whole season and any real chance to be noticed was ruined by an unfortunate injury during Traverse City tourney. IMO 2021 will be his last real chance to win a spot while Miller et al are still behind him in terms of experience. After that if he ever comes to NA it will be on his terms (after turning UFA) with assurances that he will not be sent to the AHL.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
from a purely D+1 development standpoint, 2019 has to be our best looking draft since like 2013, agree?

Probably, yeah

Kakko: Played the entire year in the NHL
Robertson: Offered ELC, one of the last cuts in pre-season
Henriksson: Increased role as the season progressed, really good WJC
Jones: Surprised everyone in college and had a stellar WJC
Skinner: Surprisingly nice season despite low expectations
Aaltonen: Only player who was disappointing
Edstrom: Made the SHL team, and stuck all year long. Huge for a 6th round pick
Ciccolini: Suffered a nasty shoulder injury and didn't really recover until he ahd surgery, still played decent in college

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
2018 D+1 should give it a good run for the money (Kravtsov in the K, Lundkvist in the SHL, Miller in college, Paju in Liiga and Keane in juniors).
I ding it for the fact that 5 of the 10 prospects were nothing prospects on draft day and nothing prospects their next season

Ragnarsson, Hughes, Gross, Lindbum (lol) and Kjellberg were just as nothing propsects in July 2019 as they were on draft day

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I ding it for the fact that 5 of the 10 prospects were nothing prospects on draft day and nothing prospects their next season

Ragnarsson, Hughes, Gross, Lindbum (lol) and Kjellberg were just as nothing propsects in July 2019 as they were on draft day

Is that the criteria? I looked at it more from which prospect exceeded expectations? Certainly neither Kakko, nor Henriksson who was mostly in the Swedish "jurior" league.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Is that the criteria? I looked at it more from which prospect exceeded expectations? Certainly neither Kakko, nor Henriksson who was mostly in the Swedish "jurior" league.
it's however you want to quantify it I guess

I really don't know much about Henriksson and besides all the love he got as Raymond/Hoglander's center at the WJCs I have nothing to say but Jones burst onto the scene and had a great WJC and rookie year, Robertson almost made the team and got an ELC as a 18 yo D man, Hunter Skinner had a really good year in the OHL, Edstrom made the SHL main team and contributed which almost no one really expected, and Ciccolini was doing good considering he destroyed his shoulder and was a freshman. Like AK said only Aaltonen was really disappointing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
it's however you want to quantify it I guess

I really don't know much about Henriksson and besides all the love he got as Raymond/Hoglander's center at the WJCs I have nothing to say but Jones burst onto the scene and had a great WJC and rookie year, Robertson almost made the team and got an ELC as a 18 yo D man, Hunter Skinner had a really good year in the OHL, Edstrom made the SHL main team and contributed which almost no one really expected, and Ciccolini was doing good considering he destroyed his shoulder and was a freshman. Like AK said only Aaltonen was really disappointing.

For simplicity, Miller vs Jones is an offset. As far as the rest - none had as good of a season as Kravtsov and Lundkvist. Whatever, I'm not dying on this hill...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just so we're clear: His D+1 was 2017-18. He went undrafted in 2017. Are you talking about that season or 2018-19?
I've generally seen D+x used to refer to the seasons after a player was actually drafted. I don't really see people use it to refer to seasons after you were first eligible. Like I don't recall anyone talking about Lakatos' first post-draft year being his D+3 season or anything.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I've generally seen D+x used to refer to the seasons after a player was actually drafted. I don't really see people use it to refer to seasons after you were first eligible. Like I don't recall anyone talking about Lakatos' first post-draft year being his D+3 season or anything.

this is how I view it...otherwise you wouldn't need to specify. if it was the year he turned 18 +1 you'd just say the year he was 19 lol

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino