Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #2; Updated 10.7.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... Calle Själin had a assist in his first league game according to Eliteprospect. He is only a 5. rounder from the pre-letter days, but still only 21. If he can stop getting injured all the time it will be interesting to follow him this year.

re Sjalin, Calle Själin at eliteprospects.com

per CapFriendly, his NYR Draft rights expire in June
New York Rangers Reserve List - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

his older brother, also D, was drafted by Wild, who let their rights to him lapse, never signed him
Pontus Själin at eliteprospects.com

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think you bring up a good argument also. But unfortunately its impossible to have a clear cut criteria for a hockey hit that is completely subjective to the decision maker.
Yes, there is always subjectivity involved and that makes it tough. Still, I feel like if you're saying, "We're making an example of..." that you're inherently acknowledging going above and beyond what is reasonable or customary in a given situation. And I'm not a fan of that, when it comes to these things.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yes, there is always subjectivity involved and that makes it tough. Still, I feel like if you're saying, "We're making an example of..." that you're inherently acknowledging going above and beyond what is reasonable or customary in a given situation. And I'm not a fan of that, when it comes to these things.

The gap between letting it go with no punishment vs 5 game suspension is pretty significant. I doubt we'd be talking about it for 2 pages if they decreed 2 or even 3 games.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I just looked up a pack of cigarettes in NY state it's about $13. Never mind Cancer and emphysema if that doesn't get you to stop nothing will.
More around $11 in my part of the state but it never made me second guess. I've always just considered it an operating expense. At a pack a day that certainly adds up, but the health concerns that have already materialized by the age of 25 are more concerning. I've now made it to day 13 with the aid of copious amounts of Nicorette.

Not necessarily seeing the benefit to my wallet though. Have found other things to spend my savings on. :laugh:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
More around $11 in my part of the state but it never made me second guess. I've always just considered it an operating expense. At a pack a day that certainly adds up, but the health concerns that have already materialized by the age of 25 are more concerning. I've now made it to day 13 with the aid of copious amounts of Nicorette.

Not necessarily seeing the benefit to my wallet though. Have found other things to spend my savings on. :laugh:

lol, $11 what a bargain. They get you coming and going (Nicorette).

My best friend had Leukemia and the only explanation was smoking. It's a shame the health consequences are so severe a punishment for a bad habit. Glad you stopped, I was lucky, I never started, just an occasional cigar when I am with my Dad.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I haven't smoked since March but I swear I could pick up a pack and go right back to it like it was nothing. And I do miss it.

Reactions: Krams

LaffyTaffy

Brooklyn-Belarussian
Feb 1, 2016
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't smoked since March but I swear I could pick up a pack and go right back to it like it was nothing. And I do miss it.
You're not the first person I have seen say this actually. My girlfriend's dad stopped cold turkey just under 20 years ago and he says sometimes he still thinks about how bad he wants one. Crazy stuff.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Request: I don't want to make anyone do work, but..

If there's anyone with knowledge of the NYR Euro Prospects upcoming game schedules, it would be absolutely awesome if someone could once a week publish upcoming games for that week for all our Euro Prospects. If this already exists, apologies -- but WHERE is it?

Also idea for @Amazing Kreiderman -- dedicate your podcast to game recaps for our Euro Prospects until the next NHL camp opens. Just go prospect by prospect and discuss how they looked during the games for that week. Have Alex Nunn on or something. Just a thought...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Request: I don't want to make anyone do work, but..

If there's anyone with knowledge of the NYR Euro Prospects upcoming game schedules, it would be absolutely awesome if someone could once a week publish upcoming games for that week for all our Euro Prospects. If this already exists, apologies -- but WHERE is it?

Also idea for @Amazing Kreiderman -- dedicate your podcast to game recaps for our Euro Prospects until the next NHL camp opens. Just go prospect by prospect and discuss how they looked during the games for that week. Have Alex Nunn on or something. Just a thought...
I can do this in a table for easier readability, but for now, here you go:

Aaltonen: Tuesday @ Karpat 11:30 AM (EX); THU vs. Lukko 10:00 AM (EX)
Edstrom: Suspended
Henriksson: SUN @ Djurgardens 9 AM
Hajek: FRI vs. Pardubice 12:00 PM; SUN @ Trinec 11:00 AM
Kravtsov: TUE vs. Severstal 10:00 AM; THU @ Salavat 10:00 AM; SUN vs. Minsk 10:00 AM
Lundkvist: SAT @ Oskarshamn 9:15 AM
Pajuniemi: THU vs. Tappara 11:30 AM (EX); FRI @ Tappara 10:00 AM (EX)
Ragnarsson: No games
Rykov: THU vs. Severstal 12:30 PM; SUN @ Jokerit 11:00 AM
Sjalin: TUE @ Malmo 1:00 PM

Huska: No games
Lindbom: No games

Andersson isn't a prospect by my methods, but he plays Thursday and Saturday.

Last edited:

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I can do this in a table for easier readability, but for now, here you go:

Aaltonen: Tuesday @ Karpat 11:30 AM (EX); THU vs. Lukko 10:00 AM (EX)
Edstrom: Suspended
Henriksson: SUN @ Djurgardens 9 AM
Hajek: FRI vs. Pardubice 12:00 PM; SUN @ Trinec 11:00 AM
Kravtsov: TUE vs. Severstal 10:00 AM; THU @ Salavat 10:00 AM; SUN vs. Minsk 10:00 AM
Lundkvist: SAT @ Oskarshamn 9:15 AM
Pajuniemi: THU vs. Tappara 11:30 AM (EX); FRI @ Tappara 10:00 AM (EX)
Ragnarsson: No games
Rykov: THU vs. Severstal 12:30 PM; SUN @ Jokerit 11:00 AM
Sjalin: TUE @ Malmo 1:00 PM

Huska: No games
Lindbom: No games

Andersson isn't a prospect by my methods, but he plays Thursday and Saturday.

are those local times? or eastern timezone?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
European Prospect Schedule (All Times ET; Updated Weekly)

Player
MON 9/21
TUE 9/22
WED 9/23
THU 9/24
FRI 9/25
SAT 9/26
SUN 9/27
Team/League
Aaltonen, Leevi@ Karpat
11:30 a.m. (EXH)
vs. Lukko
10:00 a.m. (EXH)
KalPa/Liiga
Andersson, Lias@ Orebro
1:00 p.m.
vs. Rogle
12:00 p.m.
HV71/SHL
Edström, AdamSuspended Rögle BK/SHL
Hájek, Liborvs. Pardubice
12:00 p.m.
@ Trinec
11:00 a.m.
HC Olomouc/ELH
Henriksson, Karl@ Djurgardens
9:00 a.m.
Frölunda HC/SHL
Húska, AdamHKM Zvolen/SVK
Kravtsov, Vitalivs. Severstal
10:00 a.m.
@ Salavat
vs. Minsk
Traktor Chelyabinsk/KHL
Lindbom, Olof Mora IK/Allsvenskan
Lundkvist, Nils@ Oskarshamn
9:15 a.m.
Luleå HF/SHL
Pajuniemi, Laurivs. Tappara
11:30 a.m. (EXH)
@ Tappara
10:00 a.m. (EXH)
HC TPS/Liiga
Ragnarsson, JacobTimrå IK/Allsvenskan
Rykov, Yegorvs. Severstal
12:30 p.m.
@ Jokerit
11:00 a.m.
CSKA Moscow/KHL
Själin, Calle@ Malmo
1:00 p.m.
Leksands IF/SHL
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
PlayerMON 9/21TUE 9/22WED 9/23 THU 9/24FRI 9/25SAT 9/26SUN 9/27Team/League
Aaltonen@ Karpat 11:30 a.m. (EXH)vs. Lukko 10:00 a.m. (EXH) KalPa/Liiga
Andersson@ Orebro 1:00 p.m.vs. Rogle 12:00 p.m. HV 71/SHL
EdstromSuspended Rogle/SHL
Henriksson@ Djurgardens 9:00 a.m. Frolunda/SHL
Hajekvs. Pardubice 12:00 p.m. @ Trinec 11:00 a.m.Olomouc/ELH
Kravtsovvs. Severstal 10:00 a.m.@ Salavat 10:00 a.m.vs. Minsk 10:00 a.m.Traktor/KHL
Lundkvist@ Oskarshamn 9:15 a.m. Lulea/SHL
Pajuniemivs. Tappara 11:30 a.m. (EXH)@ Tappara 10:00 a.m. (EXH)TPS/Liiga
RagnarssonTimra/Allsvenskan
Rykovvs. Severstal 12:30 p.m. @ Jokerit 11:00 a.m. CSKA/KHL
Sjalin@ Malmo 1:00 p.m. Leksands/SHL
HuskaZvolen/SVK
Lindbom Mora/Allsvenskan
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This is phenomenal! Thank you!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I can't believe I forgot Rykov ... uh .. he's stil a great prospect, yes?

I'm really loving forgetting very good prospects.

:laugh:
We haven't spoken about him much since he went back to Russia, but I just saw that he had 2 assists through 7 games. I have no idea how he's looked, but maintaining that 0.28ppg would be a slight uptick for his overall KHL production compared to recent years. They have some pretty good talent up front, but CSKA hasn't scored much just yet. I'd imagine his production begins to increase once those guys get going.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
just saw this at Eliteprospects, like what folks have been suggesting NYR do w Barron, Miller, Khod, etc

upload_2020-9-22_12-12-9.png

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
We haven't spoken about him much since he went back to Russia, but I just saw that he had 2 assists through 7 games. I have no idea how he's looked, but maintaining that 0.28ppg would be a slight uptick for his overall KHL production compared to recent years. They have some pretty good talent up front, but CSKA hasn't scored much just yet. I'd imagine his production begins to increase once those guys get going.

Great news, always liked what I saw from him. Thank you!

Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad