Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Thread (Player Stats/Info in Post #1; Updated 1.12.21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Laf
Kakko
Krav
Shesty
Nils
Miller

Who the F in the league is really coming close to that top six ?

Come onnnnn

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Henriksson doesn't appear to be in the lineup today.

Pajuniemi still injured.

Lindbum didn't start. Not the backup, again, so I think he's injured (shocker).

Sjalin in action against Djurgardens.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mentioned that Lindbum left early a few games back. He was run into. Apparently no concussion but general back and neck stiffness, which is why he hasn't dressed in the past two games.

I know that's a bit of a freak thing, but damn, the kid cannot stay healthy.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kinda concerning just how well Frolunda played today with Karl as a healthy scratch. He has been holding up that top line.
Yeah I saw Friberg had 2+2, Lundqvist had 2+1, and the fill-in Nassen had 1+1 after having just one point through 8 games.

I've said before, regardless of whether his play is seen as strong, if the production isn't there eventually he will lose his spot.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I mentioned that Lindbum left early a few games back. He was run into. Apparently no concussion but general back and neck stiffness, which is why he hasn't dressed in the past two games.

I know that's a bit of a freak thing, but damn, the kid cannot stay healthy.

Scott Stajcer all over again...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
will the Rangers sign him,

They have 2 years to decide. His rights expire June 30th 2022. But from my interactions with him, and hearing from him how invested the Rangers are in his development, I'd be shocked ifnthey don't sign him.

I have said for 2 years now that I see a Jesper Fast trajectory for Pajuniemi.

Fast is an early birthday, Pajuniemi a late birthday, while being drafted the 2nd time. So that evens out.

Jesper Fast
2010: Drafted
2010-11: SHL
2011-12: SHL breakout year
2012-13: ELC, SHL on loan
2013-14: Hartford
2014-15: New York

Lauri Pajuniemi
2018: Drafted
2018-19: Liiga
2019-20: Liiga breakout year
2020-21: Liiga
2021-22: ELC, Hartford
2022-23: New York

There's a possibility they loan him back to TPS for a year in 2021, but I fully expect him to sign his ELC this upcoming summer

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
... I have said for 2 years now that I see a Jesper Fast trajectory for Pajuniemi ...

AK is making a key point which too many folks here overlook in their enthusiaism to see the kids contribute soonest

Everyone wants every prospect to progress continually and quickly (as they say in business presentations, like a 'hockey stick')
Earlier today UKRQ blasted Henriksson based on his stats.

These are young, still-evolving athletes, and there is no best or predictable path to NHL for all of them.
For the select few, quick entry into NHL ice-time happens. For most, there is a winding evolutionally path.

And one path we have seen work for NYR has been leaving young Euro players overseas for a few years to become ready - from Hank to Fast to Shesty.
and now w the guys drafted in '18, '19

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
comparing their timelines would imply to some that they are similar players on similar paths

Del Zotto had the same timeline to become an NHL regular as Quinn Hughes. Doesn't mean they are at all comparable.

Same with Chytil and Stepan, NHL regulars in their D+3.

Comparing timelines doesn't imply anyhing other than the time it takes them to be NHL regulars.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Del Zotto had the same timeline to become an NHL regular as Quinn Hughes. Doesn't mean they are at all comparable.

Same with Chytil and Stepan, NHL regulars in their D+3.

Comparing timelines doesn't imply anyhing other than the time it takes them to be NHL regulars.

i agree with you on this and so true

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think almost everyone is cool with drafting a goalie each year, and also signing one or two. But later in the draft, not in round two.

Yep Yep

We've done better the past 25 years with undrafted and late round goalies than we have with goalies we picked in the first 2 rounds. (Montoya, Halverson, Lindbom, Lafleur, Blackburn, Cloutier)

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yep Yep

We've done better the past 25 years with undrafted and late round goalies than we have with goalies we picked in the first 2 rounds. (Montoya, Halverson, Lindbom, Lafleur, Blackburn, Cloutier)
The jury is still out on Lidbom as injuries have played a part. Injuries also ended a very promising career in Blackburn. And Cloutier was a long time NHL goalie. Don't see the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad