Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Rankings: (Fall 2020) - #3

Who should be the higher ranked prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Still think Kravtsov has the highest upside here, and his initial play with Traktor this year has been really encouraging. Miller and then Nils are next for me.

Add Gauthier.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yeah I love Lundkvist but I still think Kravtsov has 70-80 point 1RW potential. Might not ever get there but still possible.

Reactions: Rangers743

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
As others have said, a great argument could be made to rank Miller, Nils and Krav in any order. I'm going with Miller because I see his ceiling as the highest of the three because of his athleticism, but it's really a three way toss up.

Add Goat.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lundkvist moved ahead of Krav for me. Both neck and neck however.

add jones

Damn, had Kakko and Fox been allowed (both missed by a few games) our list would be soo damn unfair to the whole league! Ah who am i kidding, it’s still unfair :laugh:

1) Laf
2) Kakko
3) Shest
4) Fox
5) Lundkvist
6) Kravstov (some teams #1 prospect)
7) Miller

Last edited:
Reactions: Leetch3

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I just want to add that with Miller, there's this faulty narrative that he was bad last season. He got off to a slow start but rebounded to have a good year--I can go find the exact numbers, but he was the absolute best at controlled exits in the country, was one of the best at preventing entry, and had elite xGF numbers at 5v5. He was a really good player stuck on a terrible team. He was also a guy who didn't want to be a student, and evidently his struggles with school sometimes affected him on the ice (and led to his initial suspension). Playing pro hockey, where it is now his job, he's going to take off.
I do think people fixate a bit on that gaffe he made in the WJC. It was a high profile play. I personally am salivating to see him imposing his size on the for the Rangers soon. We are trying to get harder to play against and he can be a big part of that.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I feel like these have a tendency to turn into polls about who had the best season last season. If that's what we're going for, it's definitely Lundkvist.

If the question is whose NHL career would I take first, I'll go with Miller. He was on a disaster of a team last year, but his underlying stats were phenomenal and his athleticism gives him upside that Lundkvist doesn't have.

Add Jones. I can't find the reference to his stats last year, but they were also phenomenal for a rookie NCAA D and he overtook lottery pick Cam York on the US team. He's my #6 overall.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I feel like these have a tendency to turn into polls about who had the best season last season. If that's what we're going for, it's definitely Lundkvist.

If the question is whose NHL career would I take first, I'll go with Miller. He was on a disaster of a team last year, but his underlying stats were phenomenal and his athleticism gives him upside that Lundkvist doesn't have.

Add Jones. I can't find the reference to his stats last year, but they were also phenomenal for a rookie NCAA D and he overtook lottery pick Cam York on the US team. He's my #6 overall.

I think there are varying opinions on how to rate guys...some feel its biggest upside potential, others tend to vote for the guys that are closest to the nhl because the downside is more limited...one isn't more right than the other but it does lead to some variation....

for me its more about tiers and then within those tiers its almost a coin flip in how they are ordered...I think Lundkvist, Miller and Kravtsov are the next tier at 3/4/5 and could justify ordering those 3 in any order

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I voted for Lundkvist thinking Miller had a decent to good (but not great) season, and thought that I maybe overrated him in the past. Turns out I was wrong, and if I could change my vote, I would. Lundkvist still gets my vote after Miller, although I still love Kravtsov. He has tons of upside too, but ultimately, like Edge said, the player with the better combination of upside/likelihood of making it between Kravtsov and Lundkvist is Lundkvist.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's odd to me how we as a fanbase turned around on Kravtsov for ditching USA, then failing europe, then coming back to USA and being okay....

Faster than we did on Lias Andersson, who quit on NA once, then succeeded in Europe.

Why is Kravtsov now being talked about on par with Nils Lundkvist?? What was the big turning point where he quieted doubts about his performances this season?

Reactions: Rangers743

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Went with Kravtsov. His play this season has brought back what we thought he was coming over last season. Decisive play, and he'd be over a PPG if his teammates had any idea how to bury a pass.

Add Gauthier. Untapped upside and already in the NHL.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It's odd to me how we as a fanbase turned around on Kravtsov for ditching USA, then failing europe, then coming back to USA and being okay....

Faster than we did on Lias Andersson, who quit on NA once, then succeeded in Europe.

Why is Kravtsov now being talked about on par with Nils Lundkvist?? What was the big turning point where he quieted doubts about his performances this season?
Maybe the part where his draft stock raised incredibly in his D+1 and that his D+2 seems to be an anomaly given that he’s one of the most dominant players in the KHL this season. Andersson’s stock has done nothing but free fall since being drafted. He’s also a poor sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad